FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Christmas sadness

Christmas sadness

Jump to: Newest in thread

By * and B OP   Couple  over a year ago

Durham

Who of our lovely swinging bikers are going to struggle or be on their own over Christmas through no fault of their own

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eauville69Man  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

"Who of our lovely swinging bikers are going to struggle or be on their own over Christmas through no fault of their own"

I work all over Christmas so the ones with family and kids have it off. Then go back home to Scotland for New Year.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My better half is working over the holiday. So does that include me

Durham

"Who of our lovely swinging bikers are going to struggle or be on their own over Christmas through no fault of their own

I work all over Christmas so the ones with family and kids have it off. Then go back home to Scotland for New Year. "

How nice is that. Used to happen where I worked many years ago. Folk with no kids would cover Xmas day and we would cover new year

Durham

"My better half is working over the holiday. So does that include me "

Of course. People forget all the folk who have to work, it's not just emergency services working over the holidays. All them people who have to be early to bed Xmas night as they're up early to work for all to visit shops on boxing day. Should all be closed boxing day in our opinion

"My better half is working over the holiday. So does that include me

Of course. People forget all the folk who have to work, it's not just emergency services working over the holidays. All them people who have to be early to bed Xmas night as they're up early to work for all to visit shops on boxing day. Should all be closed boxing day in our opinion "

Totally agree with you there. She tends to ask to work xmas. So that her friends with children can be home Xmas morning

By *sh6866Man  over a year ago

halifax

Although there will be a cpl of people here, i'll still feel alone. Tbh i hope its a nice day- i'd rather drag the cbr out and go for a run.

Durham

"Although there will be a cpl of people here, i'll still feel alone. Tbh i hope its a nice day- i'd rather drag the cbr out and go for a run."

Xmas can be such a lonely time for some. Even those who have a great friend base can be left out in the cold as others do the family thing. We are opposite and rather just spend the day together and if any friends are left on their own we'd welcome them round for a tipple or two and good craic. We used to have 16 round a few years back who had no partners or family.

I'll be alone untill the afternoon when my kids come.

Hopefully it's not frozen in the morning so I can go for a run.

By *appychappy13Man  over a year ago

Addlestone

Yep I'm on my own Christmas just hoping it's a half decent day and go out on the bike

Durham

"Yep I'm on my own Christmas just hoping it's a half decent day and go out on the bike"

Jump on your bike, go visit mates round about dinner time. Sure they'll be enough spare pigs in blankets. Personally we'd rather get lost on the fells

If one of our fab friends was on there own we would offer them to come around

Durham

"If one of our fab friends was on there own we would offer them to come around "

Like we said earlier we used to do this with our biker mates who were going to be alone. That was many years ago and long before we started this lifestyle. We would definitely invite fellow swinger friends too

"If one of our fab friends was on there own we would offer them to come around

Like we said earlier we used to do this with our biker mates who were going to be alone. That was many years ago and long before we started this lifestyle. We would definitely invite fellow swinger friends too"

Yes a friend is a friend regardless of lifestyle

By *iltshiregentMan  over a year ago

Calne

If the whether is ok I will ride on the 25th as I don't have family.

I ended up in Wales last year and found a village shop who were open and selling petrol.

By *ily Con CarneTV/TS  over a year ago

Cornwall

I posted this in the meets section a few days ago so I thought I would post it here too now.

If anyone is alone at Christmas (Like me) I'm happy to host a dinner (25th) at mine, I can cater for 10/12 and a few could possibly sleep over,

I'm warm and friendly and a great cook. ...please let me know in good time though if you are interested

Durham

"I posted this in the meets section a few days ago so I thought I would post it here too now.

If anyone is alone at Christmas (Like me) I'm happy to host a dinner (25th) at mine, I can cater for 10/12 and a few could possibly sleep over,

I'm warm and friendly and a great cook. ...please let me know in good time though if you are interested"

We always say amongst all the crazy people on fab there are gems like you

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Who of our lovely swinging bikers are going to struggle or be on their own over Christmas through no fault of their own

I work all over Christmas so the ones with family and kids have it off. Then go back home to Scotland for New Year.

How nice is that. Used to happen where I worked many years ago. Folk with no kids would cover Xmas day and we would cover new year "

This is what I've done for the past 3 years doing community care work. No longer doing this and have time off this year. A fab lady friend is coming over as she is on her own too.

Cornwall

"I posted this in the meets section a few days ago so I thought I would post it here too now.

I'm warm and friendly and a great cook. ...please let me know in good time though if you are interested

We always say amongst all the crazy people on fab there are gems like you "

Thank you.....

... I am still crazy though

Durham

Thank you.....

... I am still crazy though "

Aren't we all a bit crazy, being on fab proves that. We are also a lot quirky

Cornwall

Thank you.....

Aren't we all a bit crazy, being on fab proves that. We are also a lot quirky "

Hehehe some of us are just a little more quirky than others x

Thank you.....

Aren't we all a bit crazy, being on fab proves that. We are also a lot quirky

Hehehe some of us are just a little more quirky than others x"

That's so true lol

By *riumphriderMan  over a year ago

Norwich

I used to get volanteered for various duties over the Xmas n New Year when I was in the Forces as I lived in married quarters on base.

Middlesbrough

"I used to get volanteered for various duties over the Xmas n New Year when I was in the Forces as I lived in married quarters on base."

The pads where normally the first to get Christmas off, then the single English guys then us Scottish got the New Year off would never get both unless you were living in married quarters and were lucky lol.

Durham

"I used to get volanteered for various duties over the Xmas n New Year when I was in the Forces as I lived in married quarters on base."

How does this make you sad at Christmas??

Durham

Christmas is just about here. Hope everyone has a great time, remembering absent friends and all those who struggle through.

"Christmas is just about here. Hope everyone has a great time, remembering absent friends and all those who struggle through. "

We have invited a single guy round for our Xmas BBQ

By *ldermaturefunMan  over a year ago

worcester city

Just me on my own again this Xmas hope to get bike out if it drys up try and try to get a meet impossible these days all talk no action

halifax

Tbh with all that's going on at the mo, i think i'd actually prefer to be on my own this year... get out of bed if or when i want, get dressed if or when i want...etc. etc

I can dream...

Middlesbrough

"Tbh with all that's going on at the mo, i think i'd actually prefer to be on my own this year... get out of bed if or when i want, get dressed if or when i want...etc. etc

I can dream..."

I hope all is OK, it might be fun getting up and dressed when and if you want. But family always come first and time spent with family is better.

halifax

Sadly....that's not always the case.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

I'm warm and friendly and a great cook. ...please let me know in good time though if you are interested"

What a lovely person x

Cornwall

What a lovely person x"

Thank you.... not one person has taken me up on it though ..luckily the local butcher was ok about me cancelling the meat order for this

Middlesbrough

What a lovely person x

Thank you.... not one person has taken me up on it though ..luckily the local butcher was ok about me cancelling the meat order for this "

Unfortunately I'm working don't finish until 29th and other end of the country. I thought you'd have some takers.

Durham

"Tbh with all that's going on at the mo, i think i'd actually prefer to be on my own this year... get out of bed if or when i want, get dressed if or when i want...etc. etc

I can dream... I hope all is OK, it might be fun getting up and dressed when and if you want. But family always come first and time spent with family is better. "

We'd rather just the two of us. Family is not for us, everyone pretending to like each other. Much better to spend it with people you like in our opinion. Just the two of us after we've been to the pub Xmas dinner time to have a drink with friends. In the past we've had friends for Xmas dinner and we are sure we will in the future too

halifax

If only it were that simple

Durham

"If only it were that simple "

Nothing is that simple. Some of our reasons are very complex too

By *asher11Man  over a year ago

market harborough

guess i'm lucky as a single guy been invited to the vicarage for crimbo dinner p.s forgot to mention my sisters the vicar

Durham

"guess i'm lucky as a single guy been invited to the vicarage for crimbo dinner p.s forgot to mention my sisters the vicar "

Nice. So is it bread and wine for dinner

By *hief117Man  over a year ago

Chesterfield

Bet that makes for an interesting conversation mid dinner lol!

By *asher11Man  over a year ago

market harborough

"guess i'm lucky as a single guy been invited to the vicarage for crimbo dinner p.s forgot to mention my sisters the vicar

Nice. So is it bread and wine for dinner "

nope fish lol

Durham

[Removed by poster at 24/12/18 12:33:35]

Durham

"guess i'm lucky as a single guy been invited to the vicarage for crimbo dinner p.s forgot to mention my sisters the vicar

Nice. So is it bread and wine for dinner nope fish lol"

If the main man is attending for his Birthday it'll be Just one fish finger and glass of water for 20 people

By *hief117Man  over a year ago

Chesterfield

I know captain birdseyes are decent but that's pushing it haha!

» Add a new message to this topic