FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Mot

Mot

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *icksfocus OP   Man  over a year ago

Pontefract

Going to mot the race bike (Daytona 675) reading the requirements for a no lights mot is enlightening. Basically it needs an electric horn, and a number plate. THATS ALL. I said to my mot tester I would prefer a brake light he said if one is fitted then all lights need to work. Think I’ll just have it MOT’D without then fit one and take it off next year. Any bike mot testers here?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *sh6866Man  over a year ago

halifax

What he means is that if a light is fitted, it has to work..

When i had the cbr done first the tester was going to put a daylight mot on cos the headlight was off at the time..so i fitted the top bit of the fairing

By *inge61Couple  over a year ago

n/wales

it needs an audable warning ie a horn not ness electric and if a light is fitted it has to work its a daylight mot you can fit just a brake light

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The horn on my RG500 was a bulb horn. Squeeze it quickly lol

By *asher11Man  over a year ago

market harborough

took my moped for an mot back in the 70's horn didn't work so tester said go outside and fix it went out went squeek loudly he passed it ah the good old days

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

If you have one late, you must have them all working including indicators and brake lights.

If you only have one light, put duct tape over it then get a day time mot.

By *unglebook40Man  over a year ago

hull

"Going to mot the race bike (Daytona 675) reading the requirements for a no lights mot is enlightening. Basically it needs an electric horn, and a number plate. THATS ALL. I said to my mot tester I would prefer a brake light he said if one is fitted then all lights need to work. Think I’ll just have it MOT’D without then fit one and take it off next year. Any bike mot testers here? "

Correct, my track bike just has Speedo, horn, full size number plate and rear reflector oh and make sure tyres are road legal for not.

By *unglebook40Man  over a year ago

hull

All it says on mot is

Advisory notice item(s)

no lights fitted at time of test

Job done

Pontefract

[Removed by poster at 24/12/18 17:49:42]

Pontefract

"Going to mot the race bike (Daytona 675) reading the requirements for a no lights mot is enlightening. Basically it needs an electric horn, and a number plate. THATS ALL. I said to my mot tester I would prefer a brake light he said if one is fitted then all lights need to work. Think I’ll just have it MOT’D without then fit one and take it off next year. Any bike mot testers here?

Correct, my track bike just has Speedo, horn, full size number plate and rear reflector oh and make sure tyres are road legal for not. "

No need for a reflector for a no lights fitted mot

By *artine EssexCM8TV/TS  over a year ago

Braintree

"The horn on my RG500 was a bulb horn. Squeeze it quickly lol "

Yea that's the older test.

Now the manual says.

"Motorcycles first used on or after 1 August 1973, must emit a continuous or uniform sound that isn't harsh or grating."

So no honk honk..

» Add a new message to this topic