FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Ooo theres a bike forum now?

Ooo theres a bike forum now?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey guys and gals this is new :p

North wales rider here got two bikes atm a broken 250 ninja and a new kawasaki H2sx.

I never really got into the group riding scene in the past as my friends who ride are too many unpredictable dick heads that i wouldnt trust to not cut me up lol.

Curious if we have any other full time riders

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

Welcome to our little corner of fab. We managed to get this forum for us back in March thanks to admin listening to us all asking. Know what you mean about group riding. I Mr B gave that up many years ago for a similar reason. Not that I'd get cut up as we all had enough respect for each other. I found travelling at warp speed it was only a few matter of time. Slowed down and found it much nicer just to have a little blast now and again not everywhere I went. Finding it difficult to find fellow fabbers to ride out with. Have put plenty posts on status and on forum to no avail last summer. Let's see how this summer goes. We have met a lovely biker couple near us on fab and we have a few plans together

By *icksfocusMan  over a year ago

Pontefract

Know what you mean about group ride outs. I only do two a year now, one in Northumberland and one in Durham, that’s because they are well organised and fairly large

By *artin ramseyMan  over a year ago

kendal

Must admit I now just really go out on my own set my own pace take in the views stop when I like do what I like just a couple of group runs s year now

By *entleman.kMan  over a year ago

close by

I used to go on regular weekend ride outs with sometimes more than 30 bikes, and yes used to get really hairy at times doing upwards of 140 a lot of the time, but lost a few friends due to accidents so we all stopped, I still like my speed but keep it more sensible now, not looking to get knee down on every corner now. Still ride a sports bike though.

Pontefract

"I used to go on regular weekend ride outs with sometimes more than 30 bikes, and yes used to get really hairy at times doing upwards of 140 a lot of the time, but lost a few friends due to accidents so we all stopped, I still like my speed but keep it more sensible now, not looking to get knee down on every corner now. Still ride a sports bike though. "

Want to get your knee down then do Trackdays or go racing.

I have never ever put my knee down on the road. That’s just asking for trouble in my opinion and just encourages other road users to hate us

close by

"I used to go on regular weekend ride outs with sometimes more than 30 bikes, and yes used to get really hairy at times doing upwards of 140 a lot of the time, but lost a few friends due to accidents so we all stopped, I still like my speed but keep it more sensible now, not looking to get knee down on every corner now. Still ride a sports bike though.

I have never ever put my knee down on the road. That’s just asking for trouble in my opinion and just encourages other road users to hate us "

don't do it now it's been probably 10yrs since I did it on the road and have done track days, like I said keep it more sensible now if you read the whole of my comment rather than just the negative part.

Pontefract

"I used to go on regular weekend ride outs with sometimes more than 30 bikes, and yes used to get really hairy at times doing upwards of 140 a lot of the time, but lost a few friends due to accidents so we all stopped, I still like my speed but keep it more sensible now, not looking to get knee down on every corner now. Still ride a sports bike though.

I have never ever put my knee down on the road. That’s just asking for trouble in my opinion and just encourages other road users to hate us don't do it now it's been probably 10yrs since I did it on the road and have done track days, like I said keep it more sensible now if you read the whole of my comment rather than just the negative part. "

Was replying to what you wrote

You said about 140mph and getting your knee down

Come racing with no limits in 600 class

I’ll see you on the starting grid ?

close by

I have never ever put my knee down on the road. That’s just asking for trouble in my opinion and just encourages other road users to hate us don't do it now it's been probably 10yrs since I did it on the road and have done track days, like I said keep it more sensible now if you read the whole of my comment rather than just the negative part.

Was replying to what you wrote

You said about 140mph and getting your knee down

Come racing with no limits in 600 class

I’ll see you on the starting grid ? "

have thought about it but a bit to old to start now, could always come and give my support to you though.

Pontefract

Anyone is welcome to come and watch

Can’t guarantee it won’t be

Knee down

Elbow down

Arse down

Sky

Grass

Sky

Grass

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have never ever put my knee down on the road. That’s just asking for trouble in my opinion and just encourages other road users to hate us "

Id love to do some track days going to try this year.

Ive always been a sport touring guy, vfr 800, blackbirds, h2sx. I like my comfort and power but it does sacrifice cornering.

Though accorsing to the dash ive had the h2 over at 41/42 degrees each way which im surprised by its a nimble bike fir 255kg and long wheelbase.

Only time ive had my knee down was when going round a round about about to take my exit and some chav decided that he wanted to use the outer lane to go right round so i had to throw the bike over and go round again to avoid going straight through his driver door.

Ruined my textile pants :/

» Add a new message to this topic