FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > The Dunlops

The Dunlops

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *edonistsatplay OP   Couple  over a year ago

Portsmouth, North Brittany, France

Nope not the tyres!!

Just read that Michael Dunlop has just signed with Tyco BMW for the 2019 road race season.

As this series has already claimed the lives of his father (Robert) his uncle (Joey) and his brother (William) - Yes I know that Joey was killed outside of Ireland but it was a road race - Does anyone here think that for the sake of the families, that he should just call it a day??

I know (personally) that the desire to race is a strong drug, but, I don't think he has anything left to prove and as a parent I wonder at his decision to carry on...

Is it me or do others see a different side here?!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Think its only him that can make that decision, remember road racing is in his blood, he would have been in nappies when he was taken to his first race.

look on the other side at all the motosport riders/drivers who died outside a circuit, McRae (helicopter crash) Nicky Hayden (pushbike) Hailwood (in car going to the chippy)

By *edonistsatplay OP   Couple  over a year ago

Portsmouth, North Brittany, France

"Think its only him that can make that decision, remember road racing is in his blood, he would have been in nappies when he was taken to his first race.

look on the other side at all the motosport riders/drivers who died outside a circuit, McRae (helicopter crash) Nicky Hayden (pushbike) Hailwood (in car going to the chippy) "

Yep and you could add Norick Abbe killed on a moped and a few others - all tragic and all a great loss, but this is just one family and I just imagine what his must be going through his mums mind when he slings a leg over the bike.

By *asher11Man  over a year ago

market harborough

i got asked once on here do i do drugs my reply was only motorbikes they are more addictive and fun

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"Nope not the tyres!!

Just read that Michael Dunlop has just signed with Tyco BMW for the 2019 road race season.

As this series has already claimed the lives of his father (Robert) his uncle (Joey) and his brother (William) - Yes I know that Joey was killed outside of Ireland but it was a road race - Does anyone here think that for the sake of the families, that he should just call it a day??

I know (personally) that the desire to race is a strong drug, but, I don't think he has anything left to prove and as a parent I wonder at his decision to carry on...

Is it me or do others see a different side here?! "

People who have to ask this question just don't understand and next thing that will be said is 'should motor racing be banned' Passion is an incredible thing and Dunlop Family are definitely passionate. Not only racing but promoting and speaking out to the people who want a ban. The whole family are proud of their achievements and Micky D's Mum will only have thoughts of how proud she is of her son when he puts his leg over the bike as she was the day William died

» Add a new message to this topic