FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Cold hands!

Cold hands!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *orWullie OP   Man  over a year ago

Dunoon

Has anyone tried heated gloves? Looking for advice on what to get, heated gloves, heated liners, wired into the bike or rechargeable battery powered? I want to get out when we get decent weather but I can't deal with the frozen hands!

Also, I do have bigger than average hands (I take XXL in work gloves) so sizing can be awkward. If you have used them, do the sizes come up normal or bigger or smaller than you expected? I live in the middle of nowhere so would be buying online without the opportunity to try them on first.

If anyone has tried any products can you tell me what you think of them please!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

A pair of latex gloves under some thick normal protective gloves will keep your hands dryer and stop a lot of the wet heat loss problems this time of year. They also make getting wet gloves back on easier. Also a decent set of hot grips will work better than heated gloves.

I always found if you can keep your torso warmer then your hands dont feel as cold.

I used to put disposable handwarmers either on my wrists or in my gloves on top of my hands they did the job but now I just don't ride in the winter.

Get some silk inner gloves they will help don't use surgical gloves your hands will get damp or wet because the skin can't breath so in the end they will actually feel colder

Oxford heated grip are quite good

The other alternative is handle bar muffs they go on the handle bars and your hands slide into them and prevents the wind actually getting to your hands

By *raceytvcdTV/TS  over a year ago

mansfield

I suffered from white finger for years then bought a bike with heated grips,if I'd have know they was that good I would have had some years ago absolutely brilliant with a pair of gortex gloves and wind defectors

By *orWullie OP   Man  over a year ago

Dunoon

Thanks for the responses, I will look into heated grips. I just thought heated gloves would help keep the back of the hands warm, as opposed to grips heating the palms.

Biggest frustration just now is getting lessons and tests, was meant to be doing DAS this week but had 3 days cancelled because of the weather and tomorrow looks unlikely too, had to cancel my mod 1 test as well since I've just not had enough time on the big bike. I suppose trying to do it in Scotland in January carries its down side. Really wish I had done it years ago before they made it more complicated and more expensive!

By *appychappy13Man  over a year ago

Addlestone

Love my oxford heated grips

By *ombikerMan  over a year ago

the right side of the river

I can honestly say heated grips are great, even in extreme wet weather. And if you have a faring that keeps the wind off your hands then that is a huge help also. And if you have both then your hands will always be toasty warm.

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

I had those mits that fitted over the grips and levers.

Looked daft but they were honesty the best things for keeping the cold off the hands. And they were not the heated ones either so no pissing about wiring them in.

Got them from J&S

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"I can honestly say heated grips are great, even in extreme wet weather. And if you have a faring that keeps the wind off your hands then that is a huge help also. And if you have both then your hands will always be toasty warm. "

We have heated grips on all of our bikes. It's the first thing we fit if we buy a bike that hasn't got them fitted already.

Couldn't have a bike without them

By *ondonerMan  over a year ago

London / Essex borders

Been looking at the KEIS G501 and tried them on at the Bike show. They are the only ones that are certified to the new EU PPE regulations and having tried them at the show can confirm that they are VERY warm.

Their sizing is generous too, I'm a medium large in most gloved and fit a small in KEIS.

The only reason I haven't got them yet is funds.. At £189 they are not cheap

» Add a new message to this topic