FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > First ride out this year

First ride out this year

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uckcherry OP   Couple  over a year ago

hull

OK, it was only a shortblast, but boy did it feel good, forgot how quick and how easy that front wheel lifts...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Why? did you stop riding for winter?

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"Why? did you stop riding for winter?"

We don't ride in winter due to the salt. It eats your bike away, even if you wash it down after every ride. Our bikes are pristine. Cold doesn't bother us as anyone can wrap up warm. Plus I don't like stripping bikes down for that kind of maintenance.

Hi guys what bike do you have we have a Harley fat boy djxxx

By *uckcherry OP   Couple  over a year ago

hull

We've got a lightly modified bandit 12, would like a v max or a vzr 1800 if one comes up at the right money..

We're the same as f&b, far too much polished alloy for the salt to eat, even though the bikes legal all year round, just in case we get decent days..

By *hropmMan  over a year ago

shrewsbury

Have you tryed useing acf50 great stuff for keeping your bike protected i dont ride much in winter but still use it twice a year and my bikes are spotless

Durham

"Have you tryed useing acf50 great stuff for keeping your bike protected i dont ride much in winter but still use it twice a year and my bikes are spotless

"

Spotless maybe the shiny bits you can see but what about the frame and linkages (swingarm etc) you cant see. Spotless and pristine are different states of condition. Salt is a bikes worst enemy. Bikes are ready to ride all year round and if no salt on the road we are out

By *ickie dave 69Couple  over a year ago

leeds

Fat boy nice would like one of them with vance and Hines pipes very loud as it should be had a 1340 Dyna low rider 18 inch bars

By *raceytvcdTV/TS  over a year ago

mansfield

"Fat boy nice would like one of them with vance and Hines pipes very loud as it should be had a 1340 Dyna low rider 18 inch bars "
just got rid of a fat Bob 1600cc 2010v+h short shots dyno ed aswell quick for a HD,the noise is great for 100 mile .

Gets on ya tits after 300

By *raceytvcdTV/TS  over a year ago

mansfield

And as F+B quote,salt wrecks em ,all them lovely bearings and bushes."No not those bushes,salt being washed in .put what you want on em it won't stop the salt

Was out for my first ride of the year on Thursday- was wetter and colder than I would have hoped, but was great

Durham

"Was out for my first ride of the year on Thursday- was wetter and colder than I would have hoped, but was great "

We were hoping to get out today for a short blast but we didn't get in from a club till early hours, so once up and sorted the weather had changed here

"We've got a lightly modified bandit 12, would like a v max or a vzr 1800 if one comes up at the right money..

We're the same as f&b, far too much polished alloy for the salt to eat, even though the bikes legal all year round, just in case we get decent days.. "

I lived in Australia for 10 years and owned what you know as a VZR 1800.

Down under they're called a Boulevard M109R. The 109 is the cubic inch of the motor (how American lol) very quick for a sporty cruiser. I ran a 260 metzeller rear tyre and shorter aftermarket pipes. Looked and sounded the bomb so I can recommend

We've been on a few spins and it's been amazing lol. Loving the spring time!!

By *B1000Couple  over a year ago

North Lakes and Manchester

Had our first ride out together 2 weeks ago in the mini heat wave

But I ride every day, only missed one day this winter when snow was just too deep, maybe fit knobblies for next winter

By *ainbow_RoadWoman  over a year ago

Near Leamington Spa

Have to say, this winter was the first I've not ridden, but that was more by accident than design.

IDGAF about salt etc, I practically rebuild by bikes twice a year anyhow

Had my first ride of 2020 last week on the 2nd of Jan. Had my last of 2019 on the 31st of Dec lol.

F**k salt got an old gsx hack for winter complete with well used crash bobbins, give it a fresh water rinse after every ride, strip the callipers when they seize and bolt second hand bits on when you come off in the snow

» Add a new message to this topic