FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Bug screens on naked bikes?

Bug screens on naked bikes?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *orWullie OP   Man  over a year ago

Dunoon

So after much humming and hawing I finally decided to get a Honda cb500 as my first 'Big bike'. And I'm happy with my choice, good fuel economy, comfortable, fast enough for now, handles surprisingly well for a 20yr old commuter and forgiving of a cack-handed novice. However, the wind blast on the way home was nasty! Even at 60mph my 125 was far better than the 500, and by 70mph it feels like my helmet would come off if the chin strap wasn't done up tight! So, I'm considering a screen, just a small bug screen on the headlight. Do they work? Have any of you used one? And is there a 'best brand' to go for?

I've looked at Puig and Givi ones on ebay, but open to any other suggestions. Or do I just need to man up and work on my neck muscles more?!

Cheers.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have you seen/looked at MRA screens??

They're available for all naked bikes and offer an adjustable spoiler to help deflect the wind over your head at higher speeds. Ideal for the taller rider, like myself... I bought one for my dad's Fazer 1300 - he's 6'3 and loves the looks and adjustability. Days it's much quieter on the road than his previous Puig screen

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Have you seen/looked at MRA screens?? "

(I forgot the link)

https://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/Honda_CB500F_2013-2015_MRA_Adjustable_Motorcycle_Touring_Screens.html#aVFXCZ

By *orWullie OP   Man  over a year ago

Dunoon

Hadn't heard of them but I'll have a look. Adjustable sounds good, some people say they can actually make things worse by aiming even more wind at the rider, so that sounds like a better option. Thanks.

By *uckcherryCouple  over a year ago

hull

I've got a puig thunder bikini fairing on my bandit 12, does make a small amount of difference, but I'm only a short arse.... Lol..

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

We put a little puig screen on Mrs F's 600 for that very reason and it worked well. That was a few years ago. She now has a real big 1200cc bike

By *ubbles12312Couple  over a year ago

stockport

Have a small screen on the xjr 1300 keeps the wind blast off till about 90 ish

» Add a new message to this topic