FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Born again biker

Born again biker

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Not had a bike for nearly 30 years, last was a CBR600.

Also had a mb50, sp400, rd 400 with a ridiculously difficult to keep runnng beeline stage 3 tune, Guzzi V50, RD 350 ypvs, pantah 500(awful brakes, awful gear change, never far from a tank slapper nearly killed my wrists on the way back from v twins rally in Yorkshire, clip ons and rear sets, really wanted it to break down so I could call AA but loved the look and sound of it.

So I want another bike, don’t want a sports bike, I’m still as hot headed as I always was but without the reactions or ability or the body to bounce when ability meets bike performance and it goes wrong.

So a street racer look, not to much weight on the wrists. Preferably a v twin.

Would love to go tt again, (did tt and paul Ricard 24 through super bike magazine , one year) need to be comfortable

I have access to a full engineering shop so can customise.

Any suggestions where to start, no one I know rides anymore.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ubbles12312Couple  over a year ago

stockport

Sv650 nice little bike lot of fun sounds lovely with a good end can good all round fun you can have it in the sports or the naked had one when I started riding again loved it will do 130 lots of low down poke

"Sv650 nice little bike lot of fun sounds lovely with a good end can good all round fun you can have it in the sports or the naked had one when I started riding again loved it will do 130 lots of low down poke "

Hi thanks for the suggestion.

I think something more retro, I like the look of the Ducati Scrambler. The SP400 I had was similar style, it was a nightmare to start though.

Decompressor lever to find tdc, then needed a high kirb or wall to stand on so I could get over the kick start and just hope it doesn’t kick back, ow happy days

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Sv650 nice little bike lot of fun sounds lovely with a good end can good all round fun you can have it in the sports or the naked had one when I started riding again loved it will do 130 lots of low down poke "

Bf has sv650 and agree I have a fazer600 it’s lovely seen some great street fighter mods, I have fibro and always sore and it’s fairly good for me to handle, if you’ve got money to spend on something newer the Kawasaki Versa 650 is gorgeous seen it at the bike show very lightweight and great seating position

By *entleman.kMan  over a year ago

close by

If you are after something different, a work colleague has a 2012 motto Guzzi V7, Has a few upgrades, low mileage mint bike,

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

[Removed by poster at 08/05/19 16:19:45]

Durham

Take a look at The Kawasaki Z1000SX its faired and more an upright position and very sporty as you would expect from a zed. Mrs F loved hers. Alternatively there is the naked Z1000, Mrs F also likes being Naked

If I could afford it I would have a Moto guzzi Le Mans mk2 or a 500LC.

I know couldn’t be more different but two bikes I always wanted.

By *hatterbox 2Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

we are getting a new kawasakiz 1000sx this week

Durham

"we are getting a new kawasakiz 1000sx this week"

You will both love it. Only thing we did was to change the luggage rack from a Kawasaki one to Givi as the Kawasaki one for some reason was 2 inches wider, even though Givi made it for them, and a bugger to filter through traffic with. You won't have that problem if its a new one as I thing they now just clip onto the frame.

By *odg123Man  over a year ago

southampton

I had an SP370, no decompression lever though, good bike, I've an transalp now.

"I had an SP370, no decompression lever though, good bike, I've an transalp now. "

Looks really similar to the 400 I had.

Looking on eBay at a Moto guzzi 1100 Griso, very tempting.

» Add a new message to this topic