FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > 1000 miles

1000 miles

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oy man 2 OP   Man  over a year ago

g

Anyone doing 1000 miles in 24hr in June

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Iron Butt is on my bucket list, but doing it in Ireland. Bit harder than in the UK.

By *cobberlotcherCouple  over a year ago

Southport

I'm looking to do the RBL1000, have done 800 in a day before so the extra 200 will be interesting.

i'll be doing 4.500 on a round trip to Morocco in June.

I've never really considered any of the endurance challenges but might for next year.

"i'll be doing 4.500 on a round trip to Morocco in June.

I've never really considered any of the endurance challenges but might for next year."

Where you traveling in Morocco? I went 3 yes ago in the Atlas mountains on the Africa Twin. Crossed at Gibraltar.

"i'll be doing 4.500 on a round trip to Morocco in June.

I've never really considered any of the endurance challenges but might for next year.

Where you traveling in Morocco? I went 3 yes ago in the Atlas mountains on the Africa Twin. Crossed at Gibraltar."

Pretty much that really going down through France, having a couple of days in The Picos. Cartegena is our first stop then onto Granada and Gibraltar take the crossing and three days in Africa!

On the way back it's ducking in and out of Portugal until we're north enough to head for the Alps. A quick run around the Austrian Tyrol, back through France and the tunnel home.

By *azelle74Couple  over a year ago

Warwickshire

1000 miles in 24hours I’m doing well if I do that in 24 months

By *ikerswingCouple  over a year ago

mcr

you will love the picos it exxxxxcellent

Been there done it??

Which route are you doing? North or south clockwise or anti-clockwise?

Plan your fuel stops ( I nearly fckd it by running out on A74 but made it on fumes! To Annan service station)

It rains in June.. so take spare gloves and waterproofs (I couldn't the get Oxford “waterproof” gloves back on, because they were sodden and the membrane lining came out ..thought might have to abandon in Inverness but got them back on with diesel plastic gloves ...so take some spares . (however best diesel gloves are at Tesco in Wick!))

Satnavs are great some of checkpoint aren’t too obvious

Enjoy it you will have a ball it aint easy but that’s the point ... pace yourself .. don’t panic 1000/24 hours is less the 50 average

Tired take a rest!

And finally the reality check came when Honda 90 came in to squires about an hour after my victory Vegas did it .....on about a Fckg tank of gas??????

pm if you want more info

g

"Been there done it??

Plan your fuel stops ( I nearly fckd it by running out on A74 but made it on fumes! To Annan service station)

It rains in June.. so take spare gloves and waterproofs (I couldn't the get Oxford “waterproof” gloves back on, because they were sodden and the membrane lining came out ..thought might have to abandon in Inverness but got them back on with diesel plastic gloves ...so take some spares . (however best diesel gloves are at Tesco in Wick!))

Enjoy it you will have a ball it aint easy but that’s the point ... pace yourself .. don’t panic 1000/24 hours is less the 50 average

Tired take a rest!

And finally the reality check came when Honda 90 came in to squires about an hour after my victory Vegas did it .....on about a Fckg tank of gas??????

pm if you want more info"

g

"Been there done it??

Tired take a rest!

pm if you want more info"

south clock wise. Don’t like rain

» Add a new message to this topic