FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Help

Help

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rez OP   Man  over a year ago

Mungret

How you doind Riders

Need you opinion ;

Currently im on vstrom 650.

Wanted to do an upgrade and im kind of all over the shop. Might use your experience and knowledge.

Bike will be used on B roads and motorway.

Have 4 on my list but you may have better idea...please help.

1. VFR

2. Fz1

3. SV1000

4. Badndit 1250

Please help

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

For me it would be 2/3

Mungret

"For me it would be 2/3 "

Thank you for reply... 2 nd 3 hmm they are soo different huh...

Anyone else has other opinion?

By *unglebook40Man  over a year ago

hull

"How you doind Riders

Need you opinion ;

Currently im on vstrom 650.

Wanted to do an upgrade and im kind of all over the shop. Might use your experience and knowledge.

Bike will be used on B roads and motorway.

Have 4 on my list but you may have better idea...please help.

1. VFR

2. Fz1

3. SV1000

4. Badndit 1250

Please help

"

Try a hayabusa, best bike I've owned, does everything.

Mungret

Well...hayabusa would be my step 3 bike. Im on step 2 now i need to grow up to hayabusa i guess.

Still great bike but sure if i could handle it...might get crashed lol...

What about other once ive mentioned?

For me it would be the SV, cos the twin sounds great.. But the Fz1 has a great R1 motor..

I'd see which one fits you best. Try a triumph speed triple. They are a great all round bike..

Mungret

"For me it would be the SV, cos the twin sounds great.. But the Fz1 has a great R1 motor..

I'd see which one fits you best. Try a triumph speed triple. They are a great all round bike.. "

Have to admit that V 90degree engines are more sexy to me. Their sound is priceless...but Fz1 is sexy looking thing....Triumph...hmmm never considered it...are they reliable as jap bikes ?

Test-ride each of them before you make a decision. It's the only way to know for sure

By *ableboyMan  over a year ago

Stockton

Go for the fz1, be best all round for what you want I think.

Mungret

"Test-ride each of them before you make a decision. It's the only way to know for sure "

Good idea...but will need to rent it to try it out id say..not many in ireland.

I love my fazer and she’s well sexier than the bf sv but they’re both lovely bikes his other bike he’s now wanting rid lol keeps getting sent memes slagging it off

Never owned one but a mate of mine swears by his FZ1. Perfect all rounder.

Mungret

Looks like FZ is getting on a 1st place so far. Im only asking for your opinions...i still have to do so move...dont get me wrong...my vstrom sounds sexy...rides perfecgly...butvit is ugly as hell...need more sexy and faster bike...

Im still considering Triumph...as its been mentioned before...

Any other recomendations? Please?

hull

"Well...hayabusa would be my step 3 bike. Im on step 2 now i need to grow up to hayabusa i guess.

What about other once ive mentioned?"

Had a 1200 bandit and TL1000, earlier models of 2 on yer list, both very different bikes, a big V twin is great,but my TL only did around 20mpg when being used properly, where as bandit was better.

Freind has a Fz1, it's bloody quick, very capable bike!! Heart over head, big V twin for sound alone, head over heart FZ1 or bandit.

Mungret

"Well...hayabusa would be my step 3 bike. Im on step 2 now i need to grow up to hayabusa i guess.

What about other once ive mentioned?

Had a 1200 bandit and TL1000, earlier models of 2 on yer list, both very different bikes, a big V twin is great,but my TL only did around 20mpg when being used properly, where as bandit was better.

Freind has a Fz1, it's bloody quick, very capable bike!! Heart over head, big V twin for sound alone, head over heart FZ1 or bandit."

Thank you again for an crucial opion...looks like 4cylinders are going ahead...fz1 has better brakes then bandit...so i guess FZ...might be the choice...

Whats your opinion on Triumph? Spees Triple or Tiger 1050?

How much do you want to spend?

Mungret

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

My opinion is.... 1,3 or 4. All great bikes. Depending on what you look the look of all handle well. VFR was raved about when it came out as a great all rounder. SV what a great sounding bike and has some grunt, personally not keen on the look of it. Bandit 1250 has great power and looks great, handles brilliant and to be honest the older 1200 is amazing, gets much better reviews than the 1250.

I have also rode the FZ1 and was terrible handling.

By *avana8817Man  over a year ago

Consett

Ive rode all them, the VFR is probs your best bet, I did a tour of France with a couple of Mates. There was a SV,Fz,VFR and a tiger, the VFR was probs the best all rounder.

hull

What about other once ive mentioned

Freind has a Fz1, it's bloody quick, very capable bike!! Heart over head, big V twin for sound alone, head over heart FZ1 or bandit.

Thank you again for an crucial opion...looks like 4cylinders are going ahead...fz1 has better brakes then bandit...so i guess FZ...might be the choice...

Whats your opinion on Triumph? Spees Triple or Tiger 1050?"

Only triumph I've had was a 955i Daytona, beautiful bike triple sounded great with racecan, just couldn't get on with the heat soak in the groin area.... But with your budget you have a big choice of bikes!!

By *raceytvcdTV/TS  over a year ago

mansfield

I know the Honda1200 crosstourer highlander isn t on your list but it has the vfr motor ,comfortable shafty and good all rounder,economical 200mile from a tank full and the choice of panniers on or of and similar to the one you have. I know was just saying lol,bandit take some beating though,good strong motor plenty of room for touring.fz1 cracking bike allright for a bit of touring ,bit of fun out wi the lads not much room for a stunning fabswingers lady pillion though

Mungret

"My opinion is.... 1,3 or 4. All great bikes. Depending on what you look the look of all handle well. VFR was raved about when it came out as a great all rounder. SV what a great sounding bike and has some grunt, personally not keen on the look of it. Bandit 1250 has great power and looks great, handles brilliant and to be honest the older 1200 is amazing, gets much better reviews than the 1250.

I have also rode the FZ1 and was terrible handling."

Wow...F...thank you for your opinion. I guess you are absolutley right. The older bandit was even lighter then a the new one.

SV sounds great...looks...like Vstrom ugly ducklin...

I need sex on wheels in my price range.

Im 6'1 so here you go...it aint easy...dont want another vstrom style of bike...

VFR is a legend...but i read so many opinions on forums...vfr pre vtec till 2001 is the best option...is it sexy...mmm not too sure What you think...

Fazer...looks sexy...only that...not too sure about rest...

Is there any FZ1 riders here? Help...

F thank you again

Mungret

"Ive rode all them, the VFR is probs your best bet, I did a tour of France with a couple of Mates. There was a SV,Fz,VFR and a tiger, the VFR was probs the best all rounder. "

VFR...but which RC31? Which year?

Mungret

What about other once ive mentioned

Whats your opinion on Triumph? Spees Triple or Tiger 1050?

Only triumph I've had was a 955i Daytona, beautiful bike triple sounded great with racecan, just couldn't get on with the heat soak in the groin area.... But with your budget you have a big choice of bikes!!"

Thats why i ask around you guys. People who have more opinions more experience...its worth to ask...and i do apreciate it

Mungret

"I know the Honda1200 crosstourer highlander isn t on your list but it has the vfr motor ,comfortable shafty and good all rounder,economical 200mile from a tank full and the choice of panniers on or of and similar to the one you have. I know was just saying lol,bandit take some beating though,good strong motor plenty of room for touring.fz1 cracking bike allright for a bit of touring ,bit of fun out wi the lads not much room for a stunning fabswingers lady pillion though "

Thank you...wow...

So Bandit you say? Interesting?

Durham

Mrs F had a Kawasaki Z1000SX. She was worried about the power as she's no speed demon. Ended up saying it was the best bike she's had. It got a nice fairing and luggage is optional. I can honestly say it was the best balanced bike I've rode. Know it not on your list and your head must be battered with us all making other suggestions but I would take a serious look at it with this being the class of bike you are looking at. Personally I would say this bike has everything the bikes on your list have and more.

Mungret

"Mrs F had a Kawasaki Z1000SX. She was worried about the power as she's no speed demon. Ended up saying it was the best bike she's had. It got a nice fairing and luggage is optional. I can honestly say it was the best balanced bike I've rode. Know it not on your list and your head must be battered with us all making other suggestions but I would take a serious look at it with this being the class of bike you are looking at. Personally I would say this bike has everything the bikes on your list have and more. "

Well...looks allright...never took Kawasaki under consideration...first look i thought it was a Ninja Super Sport...but SX is a sport tourer, diferent windshield...i kind of like it...

I need to read more about it...

But hey...thank you for another point of view.

Durham

"Mrs F had a Kawasaki Z1000SX. She was worried about the power as she's no speed demon. Ended up saying it was the best bike she's had. It got a nice fairing and luggage is optional. I can honestly say it was the best balanced bike I've rode. Know it not on your list and your head must be battered with us all making other suggestions but I would take a serious look at it with this being the class of bike you are looking at. Personally I would say this bike has everything the bikes on your list have and more.

Well...looks allright...never took Kawasaki under consideration...first look i thought it was a Ninja Super Sport...but SX is a sport tourer, diferent windshield...i kind of like it...

But hey...thank you for another point of view."

Yes it's a sport tourer but more out and out sports bike. Touring bit is the add on, but which is why I said it has everything the bikes you listed but more. Its iconic and just bloody brilliant. Has the looks, the power and versatility.

Mungret

"Mrs F had a Kawasaki Z1000SX. She was worried about the power as she's no speed demon. Ended up saying it was the best bike she's had. It got a nice fairing and luggage is optional. I can honestly say it was the best balanced bike I've rode. Know it not on your list and your head must be battered with us all making other suggestions but I would take a serious look at it with this being the class of bike you are looking at. Personally I would say this bike has everything the bikes on your list have and more.

But hey...thank you for another point of view.

Yes it's a sport tourer but more out and out sports bike. Touring bit is the add on, but which is why I said it has everything the bikes you listed but more. Its iconic and just bloody brilliant. Has the looks, the power and versatility. "

Agree...to be honest Kawasaki Z1000sx is a bit of financial stretch to me...

Bandit looks more apealing but again will i find myself on 4 cylinder opose to V2...i might go and check it out my self. So far im still open to your opinions.

F thank you again for you advice

There's allsorts at that money from big Aprilias, BMWs, Dukes, Triumphs and Jap stuff.

5K would get you;

FJR 1300 (I've had three and they're ace)

1300 Pan

BMW K1300S/GT

Busa

Blackbird.

Duke ST3,4S

Or;

KTM 990 Adventurer

Series one Multistrada 1100S

Mid naughties 1200 GS

Mid naughties Triumph Tiger.

Just some left of field choices for you to consider.

Mungret

"There's allsorts at that money from big Aprilias, BMWs, Dukes, Triumphs and Jap stuff.

5K would get you;

1300 Pan

BMW K1300S/GT

Busa

Blackbird.

Duke ST3,4S

Or;

KTM 990 Adventurer

Mid naughties 1200 GS

"

Oh man...now youve done it. Im soo...scattered now lol...

Was thinking all above...decision is hard cause i like most of them and have narrowed to those i stated above. Damn is so hard.

Durham

"There's allsorts at that money from big Aprilias, BMWs, Dukes, Triumphs and Jap stuff.

5K would get you;

1300 Pan

BMW K1300S/GT

Busa

Blackbird.

Duke ST3,4S

Or;

KTM 990 Adventurer

Mid naughties 1200 GS

Oh man...now youve done it. Im soo...scattered now lol...

Was thinking all above...decision is hard cause i like most of them and have narrowed to those i stated above. Damn is so hard."

I have a Pan European ST1300 2009 I'm trying so hard not to sell for £5500.

I can only comment on my own experiences though.

Triumphs have not been good to me, a Sprint RS from new that spent its first twelve months in the shop for instance.

A Ducati ST3S that has been fantastic in every sense of the word or my FJ1200 which will never leave my garage at 90.000 miles and twenty three years young.

The FJR whilst heavy (it's a 2016 AE) handles like a good un for it's mass and weight, is mega comfy and has bags of torque so much torque that a guy on an S1000XR couldn't match my speed gear for gear pulling out of hairpins in the Alps and Dolomites last year!

If you require something a little sporty a Blackbird would be my first choice, I've had two injection models and I rate them highly and only went over to the FJR as my shoulder is buggered so can't really do with sporty riding positions anymore.

5K is a lot of money and there are some lovely bikes out there for the money.

Firstly I'd decide what kind of motor you'd like (V twin, triple, four or parallel twin), then what style (naked, sports, sports tourer, big traillie) then come back with what you think you'd like and then we can advise better.

Go to dealers, book test rides so you can cancel stuff off your list!

Mungret

"I can only comment on my own experiences though.

Triumphs have not been good to me, a Sprint RS from new that spent its first twelve months in the shop for instance.

A Ducati ST3S that has been fantastic in every sense of the word or my FJ1200 which will never leave my garage at 90.000 miles and twenty three years young.

The FJR whilst heavy (it's a 2016 AE) handles like a good un for it's mass and weight, is mega comfy and has bags of torque so much torque that a guy on an S1000XR couldn't match my speed gear for gear pulling out of hairpins in the Alps and Dolomites last year!

If you require something a little sporty a Blackbird would be my first choice, I've had two injection models and I rate them highly and only went over to the FJR as my shoulder is buggered so can't really do with sporty riding positions anymore.

5K is a lot of money and there are some lovely bikes out there for the money.

Firstly I'd decide what kind of motor you'd like (V twin, triple, four or parallel twin), then what style (naked, sports, sports tourer, big traillie) then come back with what you think you'd like and then we can advise better.

Go to dealers, book test rides so you can cancel stuff off your list!

"

So true. Thanks man for your opinion.

I guess at this stage is between V2 and 4inline...sport tourer...

So im still on my search.

I own a Honda Deauville which is a heavy tourer

Have ridden all my sons bikes

CBR 600

SV650

Harley 49Custom

Triumph Street Triple

The Street Triple pissed all over the others.

He has now bought a new Tiger 800 and I had a ride last weekend around the Fife Coastal Route and it was an experience.

Although technically a bigger bike than mine it felt lighter and easier to handle and had that extra kick on long straights

Maybe trade mine in next year against one myself

By *uckcherryCouple  over a year ago

hull

What about a suzuki b king, all the power of a hyabusa, but naked and sat more upright...

Mungret

"I own a Honda Deauville which is a heavy tourer

CBR 600

SV650

Harley 49Custom

Triumph Street Triple

He has now bought a new Tiger 800 and I had a ride last weekend around the Fife Coastal Route and it was an experience.

Although technically a bigger bike than mine it felt lighter and easier to handle and had that extra kick on long straights

Maybe trade mine in next year against one myself "

Nice one man. Tiger 800...i guess its not my budget. For some reason im afraid to trust trimph...used...its not made to last like japanese bikes...but again...thank you for an opinion.

Mungret

"What about a suzuki b king, all the power of a hyabusa, but naked and sat more upright... "

Never thought about...it...ill read more...thx

Durham

[Removed by poster at 14/05/19 08:10:59]

Durham

"I own a Honda Deauville which is a heavy tourer

CBR 600

SV650

Harley 49Custom

Triumph Street Triple

Maybe trade mine in next year against one myself

Nice one man. Tiger 800...i guess its not my budget. For some reason im afraid to trust trimph...used...its not made to last like japanese bikes...but again...thank you for an opinion."

Triumphs research and development now is second to none. Very reliable. Would even say as a convert to triumph from Jap bikes, even better

Mungret

[Removed by poster at 14/05/19 08:56:36]

Mungret

To be honest i do have to read about it...get some info...

All new bikes are good...time verifies them over the years...read that triumph had elecetric issues...but again dont quote me on this!

Durham

"To be honest i do have to read about it...get some info...

All new bikes are good...time verifies them over the years...read that triumph had elecetric issues...but again dont quote me on this!"

Maybe the older ones but over the last 10 years triumph have improved no end we now have 4 triumphs in our stable. Latest I bought last year 2016 Explorer 1200 xrx. It's brilliant.

Mungret

All new bikes are good...time verifies them over the years...read that triumph had elecetric issues...but again dont quote me on this!

Maybe the older ones but over the last 10 years triumph have improved no end we now have 4 triumphs in our stable. Latest I bought last year 2016 Explorer 1200 xrx. It's brilliant. "

Well again the 2016 i woudnt look for faults in that year in any bike...

I as thinking of Triumph 1050 tiger one ...tall bike for tall people...im6'1 it might be a good choice...whats your opinion on this one...

I hope i didnt get bored anyone with the subject so far.

Just trying to get your opinions and conclusions.

Durham

[Removed by poster at 14/05/19 10:11:58]

Durham

Maybe the older ones but over the last 10 years triumph have improved no end we now have 4 triumphs in our stable. Latest I bought last year 2016 Explorer 1200 xrx. It's brilliant.

I as thinking of Triumph 1050 tiger one ...tall bike for tall people...im6'1 it might be a good choice...whats your opinion on this one...

Just trying to get your opinions and conclusions. "

think you debating this and being thorough is a great way. Even though we are all giving our opinion. I had to lower the explorer as I'm only 5'6" so will be great as standard for you. Triumph will do test rides just don't tell them you not going to buy it and you are going to go for 2nd hand, will give you an idea of what they are like. I can't fault all of ours, the whole Tiger range are brilliant

think you debating this and being thorough is a great way. Even though we are all giving our opinion. I had to lower the explorer as I'm only 5'6" so will be great as standard for you. Triumph will do test rides just don't tell them you not going to buy it and you are going to go for 2nd hand, will give you an idea of what they are like. I can't fault all of ours, the whole Tiger range are brilliant "

Another vote for Triumph here!

I've got a Tiger 1050 Sport and absolutely love it - great power, handling, brakes and comes with luggage enough for a tour of France 2 up. I also have a Thunderbird 900 Sport with 35k on the clock and took that on a tour to the Alps a couple of years back and it didn't miss a beat. I would have no hesitation in doing it again!

Oh and the sound the triple engine makes is addictive!

Mungret

think you debating this and being thorough is a great way. Even though we are all giving our opinion. I had to lower the explorer as I'm only 5'6" so will be great as standard for you. Triumph will do test rides just don't tell them you not going to buy it and you are going to go for 2nd hand, will give you an idea of what they are like. I can't fault all of ours, the whole Tiger range are brilliant "

Tiger huh...well...i need to check it out...well Thank You for all the comments...ill keep you posted for now feel free to comment guys

Mungret

think you debating this and being thorough is a great way. Even though we are all giving our opinion. I had to lower the explorer as I'm only 5'6" so will be great as standard for you. Triumph will do test rides just don't tell them you not going to buy it and you are going to go for 2nd hand, will give you an idea of what they are like. I can't fault all of ours, the whole Tiger range are brilliant

Another vote for Triumph here!

I've got a Tiger 1050 Sport and absolutely love it - great power, handling, brakes and comes with luggage enough for a tour of France 2 up. I also have a Thunderbird 900 Sport with 35k on the clock and took that on a tour to the Alps a couple of years back and it didn't miss a beat. I would have no hesitation in doing it again!

Oh and the sound the triple engine makes is addictive!"

Triumph...hmm...well i guess its a happy middle...between V2 i do love sound of them and 4 inline...maybe that is a clue to my story...Thank You. If Triumph im kimd of aiming Tiger 1050 or Speed Triple...its sexy but naked...lol...

» Add a new message to this topic