FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > TT 2019 part 3

TT 2019 part 3

Jump to: Newest in thread

By * and B OP   Couple  over a year ago

Durham

Wow 3rd thread for this amazing topic. Just over a week till it all starts off with practice week. This will be a good place to add your meets or location while on the Rock.

Don't forget, Couples who are up for the TT social Tuesday 4th June, get in contact with _ove and life. They did post on the part 2 thread and have a good handful of couples on their list so far. We are sort of Co Hosts.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *londie and him 1Couple  over a year ago

NORTH west

names are down and could not be happier , this will be the best TT ever x

By *londie and him 1Couple  over a year ago

NORTH west

staying at the ballamoar camp site at ballaugh bridge next to the raven pub , if your there or somewhere near come say hi

By *iltshiregentMan  over a year ago

Calne

Have an enjoyable TT. I've not been since 2015.

By *ove and lifeCouple  over a year ago

bolton

TT social is looking good. We will be in touch end of next week with everyone to update with venue and time. This is a couples only meet and there is still time to join us. Just message us and ask to be added to the list. SORRY FELLA'S COUPLES ONLY.

By *od ThrusterMan  over a year ago

Newport Pagnell

On part 2 which is now closed someone said about going in the grandstand as it's their first time.

The first time I went I watched the first Superbike race from the grandstand. With a guaranteed seat you can mooch about the paddock in the lead up to the race. All the top riders are around signing, etc for about an hour. You can also watch the pitlane stuff too.

In all honesty it's not the best place to actually watch a race (especially sidecars who don't pitstop) but worth doing once for the atmosphere and seeing the presentations too.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Rhencullen, Ballacrye and Glen Duff have all been good to watch from, even with crowds.

By *ider500Man  over a year ago

Blackburn

Omg wen you look at your ferry booking and you booked the wrong ferry back nnnooo lol

It's official....I do not like you guys!! lol. This is on my bucket list and my wife keeps saying one year we will go....then spends all my money on shit! But on a serious note....have a great time guys and don't be shy with updates on this forum.

Newport Pagnell

"It's official....I do not like you guys!! lol. This is on my bucket list and my wife keeps saying one year we will go....then spends all my money on shit! But on a serious note....have a great time guys and don't be shy with updates on this forum."

Ferry tickets for next year go on sale Monday. Get online/on the phone and book it!

Thanks for the tip!!

Blackburn

I always get mine in March never had a problem

Durham

"It's official....I do not like you guys!! lol. This is on my bucket list and my wife keeps saying one year we will go....then spends all my money on shit! But on a serious note....have a great time guys and don't be shy with updates on this forum."

Book on Monday when they are released for 2020. Deposit is £60 and balance not paid till February next year. Get the 1st one on your wife and tell her next week you've paid deposit for TT so money now goes to pay balance in February. You can then say you have spent the money this time

Blackburn

LMFAO that's brilliant love it

By *otogpcplCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

"On part 2 which is now closed someone said about going in the grandstand as it's their first time.

The first time I went I watched the first Superbike race from the grandstand. With a guaranteed seat you can mooch about the paddock in the lead up to the race. All the top riders are around signing, etc for about an hour. You can also watch the pitlane stuff too.

In all honesty it's not the best place to actually watch a race (especially sidecars who don't pitstop) but worth doing once for the atmosphere and seeing the presentations too.

"

That was us! TBH if we don't enjoy the 1st grandstand experience we won't do the 2nd!

Problem is wife wants to go to Disney.....AGAIN!!

Durham

"On part 2 which is now closed someone said about going in the grandstand as it's their first time.

That was us! TBH if we don't enjoy the 1st grandstand experience we won't do the 2nd!"

We will be going to creg on the Sat, welcome to join us.

Cardiff

That was us! TBH if we don't enjoy the 1st grandstand experience we won't do the 2nd!

We will be going to creg on the Sat, welcome to join us. "

We are in the Hillberry gs on the Saturday then doing the feeling gig in the evening

By *ontrolldomiomMan  over a year ago

Douglas

Not long now until you lovely lot invade our island, I can’t wait!!

If anyone is looking for any advice or somewhere to stay I can help out, feel free to message me! Hope to see some of your around

Blackburn

Me and the miss are staying in Ramsey is any one else ther

Durham

We are in the Hillberry gs on the Saturday then doing the feeling gig in the evening"

Thought you were in Grandstand remembered after we'd posted it. Enjoy the gig. We'll be in Douglas after your gig if you want a drink

By *etwo4usCouple  over a year ago

nearby

Can't wait

By *aveyIOM1970Man  over a year ago

douglas

Bit dull and overcast in Douglas at the mo, not long to practices now

Cardiff

We are in the Hillberry gs on the Saturday then doing the feeling gig in the evening

Thought you were in Grandstand remembered after we'd posted it. Enjoy the gig. We'll be in Douglas after your gig if you want a drink"

Ok see how it goes may need a early night Honda may be just may be loaning me a road bike for mad Sunday!! Fingers crossed

Durham

That's a record. 1 and 3 quarter hours refreshing page and booked for 2020. Woohoo. Good sailings too

Just a quick one as it is my first TT and it has all been booked by a friend who has basically been a bit of a knob and keeps drop feeding me different info etc;

Ferries, I know he has booked them for us and the bikes we are taking but for return ferries how strict are they that the ferry home you get is the only one you can use without paying a massive fee? Purely as I might have to cut my trip shorter than what he has now said are the ferry dates for work and child care.

Let’s just say the other half is pretty fuming at me and him right now.

Durham

"Just a quick one as it is my first TT and it has all been booked by a friend who has basically been a bit of a knob and keeps drop feeding me different info etc;

Ferries, I know he has booked them for us and the bikes we are taking but for return ferries how strict are they that the ferry home you get is the only one you can use without paying a massive fee? Purely as I might have to cut my trip shorter than what he has now said are the ferry dates for work and child care.

Let’s just say the other half is pretty fuming at me and him right now."

I used to book a big group in the past. You will have your name on the booking all you need is the booking reference number from him. There's no tickets as such. Take ID with you such as driving licence. Once on the island go to ferry terminal and you will be able to change ferry for you to come back on a separate ferry from your mate at no extra charge. Steam packet are really good and if you have a problem back home they will get you on a ferry to get back. Don't stress over it as all will be good. Just need the booking reference number. Even if you lost yr booking details they have name address of your mate and your name. How many friends have fallen out at TT and someone like you have had to go to ferry terminal to sort out getting back. Like I said don't worry and enjoy the build up to an amazing week at TT

Thanks for the heads up, makes me much happier, he’s a great mate but really struggles to organise a piss up in a brewery at times.

Still can’t wait to get to the island on the 4th and see some amazing close racing.

Also hoping to get some get pictures with my big camera.

Hope everyone has a great time on the rock and everyone comes home again safely.

Durham

"Thanks for the heads up, makes me much happier, he’s a great mate but really struggles to organise a piss up in a brewery at times.

Still can’t wait to get to the island on the 4th and see some amazing close racing.

Also hoping to get some get pictures with my big camera.

Hope everyone has a great time on the rock and everyone comes home again safely."

Glad to have helped and set your mind at ease. ENJOY...

The sailing from belfast are bloody awfull so tbats it knocked on tge head for me returning .

By *c100Couple  over a year ago

Bierton

We are going on Thursday as foot passages for the practices. Can anyone give advice on parking at heysham port or close by. Safety and cost from experience. Regards Ck

Durham

TT social is looking good. Any couples want on the list contact _ove and life

Douglas

"TT social is looking good. Any couples want on the list contact _ove and life "

I can host if you’re looking for somewhere! Happy to meet couples and singles xx

I'm still looking to get a last minute ferry over on the bike .... not sure when yet though

Durham

"I'm still looking to get a last minute ferry over on the bike .... not sure when yet though "

Let us know if you do my friend. Drinks in the pub would be good

By *uckymooMan  over a year ago

Mid-Cheshire

Whooop whooop its like pre Christmas week for TT fans!

Whats on everyones IOM Santa list.

For me its; everyone safe, and the good weather and the rest takes care of itself!

And whilst im being nosey wheres your fav pubs

Peel - The Creek

Doolish

Bring on Queens, Jacks and all the bars in between.

I love the IOM for all the right reasons and if others dont... then they aint been!!

Durham

"Whooop whooop its like pre Christmas week for TT fans!

For me its; everyone safe, and the good weather and the rest takes care of itself!

Peel - The Creek

Doolish

I love the IOM for all the right reasons and if others dont... then they aint been!!

"

Yes it's like Christmas eve for a whole week... 5 more sleeps.

Douglas

The island is gearing up this weeks! Lots going on currently- I can’t wait!

Cardiff

Peel - The Creek

Doolish

"

Best pubs in Douglas for live music etc??

Douglas

Jaks or Sam Webbs.

Bushy’s village will be very good too!

Peel - The Creek

Doolish

Best pubs in Douglas for live music etc?? "

bolton

We are hosting a SOCIAL ON TUESDAY 4TH of race week. It's strictly couples only. Venue and time to be disclosed on Friday 24th May. This is going to be a chance to meet old friends and new with at least 2 common interests (Bikes and Swinging). Contact us for an invite. Chris & Steve.xx

By *anxmann55Man  over a year ago

Douglas Isle of man.......

I do hope there's enough women go round you lot want to party ...

I shall be Marshalling you sexy people so much talent around ...

Truely can't wait to get to the island now.

hoping there might be a few social events going on that I might find my way to and see what happens.

nearby

Looking forward to it, even without Mrs. Hope we get the weather, be great anyway

By *ouBetMan  over a year ago

Douglas

Great to see a few fellows coming over. Any help or advise give me a shout. Enjoy and stay safe

my luck bike been stolen last night let's hope new one is here for Monday

By *phrodite and FunCouple  over a year ago

FRANCE and various UK

We’ll be there 26 May to 10 June staying with sexy friends in Douglas. Have asked to put our names on the list for the social on the 4th

Cardiff

7 sleeps for us!!!

By *aseman_291Man  over a year ago

kildare

Heading over to Douglas tomorrow cant wait first time..where would best place to view practice.

Thanks

By *aughtyonexxMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

8 sleeps for us. Cant wait..

douglas

What a glorious morning here on the rock and first practice today

Durham

Be there Monday. Don't let the sun out of sight.

By *ichaelsmyMan  over a year ago

douglas

where on the island are you staying. what things do you like to see, speed, jumps, close, loud?

douglas

"Be there Monday. Don't let the sun out of sight. "

Raining at mo

Durham

"Be there Monday. Don't let the sun out of sight.

Raining at mo "

We'll bring some with us Monday

Douglas

Raining at mo

We'll bring some with us Monday "

Very wet here at the minute if anyone is camping and wants shelter or to freshen up, message me x

douglas

Raining at mo

We'll bring some with us Monday "

Please do as being raining through the night, should be clearer later for first practice

Durham

One more sleep then we are off to Liverpool to catch the midday ferry.

By *ouble_The_DelightCouple  over a year ago

Wakefield

We couldn’t make it this year but have just managed to book tickets for next year

Cardiff

"One more sleep then we are off to Liverpool to catch the midday ferry. "

Looking at some fb footage of today's practice just can not wait now! Have fun!

Durham

"One more sleep then we are off to Liverpool to catch the midday ferry.

Looking at some fb footage of today's practice just can not wait now! Have fun!"

On route, just left Liverpool

By *im fuegoMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

[Removed by poster at 27/05/19 12:12:13]

wolverhampton

I’m not over there till Monday of race week

douglas

"One more sleep then we are off to Liverpool to catch the midday ferry.

Looking at some fb footage of today's practice just can not wait now! Have fun!

On route, just left Liverpool "

Safe crossing and hole the weather is ok

By *naconda 87Couple  over a year ago

Derry

Out on Saturday morning... Can't wait

douglas

"Out on Saturday morning... Can't wait "

In time for first race day

bolton

Just been informed the ferry on thursday leaving Heysham in the afternoon is departing 1 hour earlier than scheduled due to tidal issues....

douglas

"Just been informed the ferry on thursday leaving Heysham in the afternoon is departing 1 hour earlier than scheduled due to tidal issues....

"

You get here an hour earlier is the positive

By *naconda 87Couple  over a year ago

Derry

"Out on Saturday morning... Can't wait

In time for first race day "

Couldn't have worked out better, hopefully now the weather will improve for the last few practice days and race week..

douglas

"Out on Saturday morning... Can't wait

In time for first race day

Couldn't have worked out better, hopefully now the weather will improve for the last few practice days and race week.. "

Yes hope the weather is good, safe racing and watching

By *hris and SamCouple  over a year ago

at the end of the rainbow

Childcare sorted,we'll be on the rock on Friday evening

By *oo7kingMan  over a year ago

wing

I'm on the rock! Any one want to meet?

Durham

Great night out in Douglas tonight. Bit knackered with our travels so early one for us. Any couples want to meet up give us a shout

By *hynwcpleCouple  over a year ago

NORTHWEST

Get there early hours Friday, shame the Mrs will be at home and I'm with my brother instead.

By *redator888Couple  over a year ago

barnsley

Hope the weather gets better for next we are looking for some sun and a good time and a nice meet be there Thursday

Durham

Don't forget everyone _ove and life are organising a fab TT social Tuesday 4th June for couples. Drop them a message if you want added to the guest list. It's looking good so far

Cardiff

Anybody able to update us on the weather? Does'nt look good on the forecast!

By *hloversCouple  over a year ago

Merseyside & Isle of Man

"Anybody able to update us on the weather? Does'nt look good on the forecast!"

Today.........Mainly dry but with patchy rain or drizzle possible, especially this evening, with hill fog & risk of coastal mist patches

Friday.......Risk of occasional rain or drizzle at times with hill fog & coastal mist, especially around the south.

Saturday......Generally cloudy, possibly with patchy light rain or drizzle at first, then fair & brighter, but more outbreaks of rain later overnight and hill fog

Sunday......Cloudy with outbreaks of rain during the morning clearing to become dry, with brighter, sunnier spells developing for the afternoon but risk of hill fog.

Monday......Bright with sunny intervals and a few showers.

Not the best. No great quantity of rain forecast but the hill fog is the greatest concern (at least until Monday)

nearby

Any updates today. Is it going to be sunny on Tuesday or should I leave my shorts at home

wolverhampton

I arrive early hours of Tuesday, hoping for a bit of a turnaround in the weather

By *hloversCouple  over a year ago

Merseyside & Isle of Man

Tuesday is forecast to be sunny/ clear spells and isolated showers. Good visibility & 15C. Not quite shorts weather!!!

nearby

From pop North. If it's above freezing, it's shorts weather

Durham

"From pop North. If it's above freezing, it's shorts weather "

We've had a little bit of rain since Monday. Next week is a mixed bag of fine weather and showers. We too are from the real North of England so wet weather doesn't faze us

douglas

Still bits of rain and some winds that’s are strong

Might get a couple of laps in if they start on time tomorrow if they're lucky.

Sunday not looking great if the rain in the morning is heavy as expected

By *redator888Couple  over a year ago

barnsley

It’s nice to be in a camper and not a tent it’s not looking good this year for the racing

nearby

Practice cancelled again. hopefully get some later today

By *oo7kingMan  over a year ago

wing

Who's camping where? I'm at Sulby. Anyone want to meet up? Social or other

By *c100Couple  over a year ago

Bierton

Them stickers get everywhere

nearby

Bushys never looked so good

Durham

At least we have a TT social on Tuesday for couples. We need a pub to keep dry in this wet weather. However it may get wet at some point after social

By *ugyukMan  over a year ago

EDINBURGH

What a downer for all you guys n gals over there right now

Heres hoping the weather picks up and you get some good racing

douglas

Very wet out there at the mo ;(

douglas

Good to hear the sounds of the races and some rays too, bit windy but progress on the last couple of days

managed to get a ferry booked to pop out tomorrow afternoon, and then going home again on Friday cant wait to get on to the rock

By *ockring91Man  over a year ago

preston

"managed to get a ferry booked to pop out tomorrow afternoon, and then going home again on Friday cant wait to get on to the rock "

Hope you're bringing sun with you

"managed to get a ferry booked to pop out tomorrow afternoon, and then going home again on Friday cant wait to get on to the rock

Hope you're bringing sun with you"

I will try to !!!

Durham

"managed to get a ferry booked to pop out tomorrow afternoon, and then going home again on Friday cant wait to get on to the rock "

Give us a shout, we'll have drink. Be good to catch up mate

Durham

[Removed by poster at 03/06/19 09:54:22]

Durham

Tuesdays TT couples social is nearly here. Looking forward to seeing everyone

I've been told there are a total of 26 people on this ferry !!

By *tunna13Man  over a year ago

liverpool

"Tuesday is forecast to be sunny/ clear spells and isolated showers. Good visibility & 15C. Not quite shorts weather!!!"
are use over here

nearby

On my way in 10 minutes. Can't wait for a Bushys beer ??

Any wet fab guys need a hot drink, etc drop me a pm im in douglas

Durham

Tonight is the night to meet fab friends. Looking forward to a beer or 3

Grrrr can't get my phone to work.... having to use Wi-Fi hotspots to get online

Would anyone be up for a dogging meet some point over TT?

Durham

So can't you ring or text?

What’s current weather like? Just on ferry coming over then got the ride over to silly Moo’s.

Looking forward to hopefully meeting a few people in the island between now and Sunday when I have to return to reality

Durham

"What’s current weather like? Just on ferry coming over then got the ride over to silly Moo’s.

Looking forward to hopefully meeting a few people in the island between now and Sunday when I have to return to reality "

Still raining

Durham

Just arrived at the TT social

wolverhampton

Bit soggy at Douglas Rugby Club !

Here hoping the social went off in a big way for all of you lucky couples and ladies and hoping this soggy weather buggers off and gives us all some great racing in the morning.

this is on my bucket list hoping to go next year would anyone fancy sharing the cost of hotel?

Durham

"Here hoping the social went off in a big way for all of you lucky couples and ladies and hoping this soggy weather buggers off and gives us all some great racing in the morning. "

Went OK. Shame people who committed didn't turn up. The ones that did, think we all had a good social evening. Great to see everyone. Happy swinging everyone and look out for the next thread, TT 2020 part 1

Who’s still there for the senior Friday night? X

Durham

"Who’s still there for the senior Friday night? X"

We are on the 3pm boat back to Heysham on Saturday. So we are

nearby

Me too

I’m about until last ferry out on Sunday get back into heysham at around midnight before blasting home.

Have discovered the TT has a lot of blokes wanting to suck cock which has been very flattering but just not my scene at the moment. We all need to get more ladies out to the isle to enjoy the antics of the TT in my opinion and maybe reduce some of the lunatic riding by a minority who think they are the next best thing.

Sorry to disappoint but your not impressing me or any one else i’ve Spoken too. Your just dangerous to be around and your likely to kill someone and likely yourself as well.

*** steps of soap box and returns to tent to avoid the never ending drizzly rain! ***

By *bandogCouple  over a year ago

Stockton

Looking for somewhere to stay next year 2nd to 15th any ideas x

Stockton

Ps don’t tell him it’s a surprise x

Durham

"Ps don’t tell him it’s a surprise x"

Camping or hotel?

Hi guys i live on the island in douglas,fancy a meet? Tony

Stockton

Don’t think I can do 13 days camping! X

hii everyone, im based in castletown, free flat tonight, anyone free?

Durham

"Don’t think I can do 13 days camping! X"

Getting a hotel is hard. If you go onto Isle of Man government site you will find himestay. That's a really good option. 30 to 40 quid each per night

By *ohnnotts25Man  over a year ago

….

Lucky to stay with relatives

But also looking to buy here at min

Durham

Well that's 2019 TT drawing to a close. Congrats to Dean Harrison wining his first senior today. Last night here and ferry at 3pm tomorrow. So till next year and our next TT 2020 thread. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to our 3 threads on here for 2019.

By *ohnnotts25Man  over a year ago

….

Yup a odd tt for sure

Think Micheal has been off the pace this year tbh can’t fault him tho for even being there

Stockton

All booked can’t wait to see his face!!! Thanks for all your help see you there x

Durham

"All booked can’t wait to see his face!!! Thanks for all your help see you there x"
wey hey...

2019’s TT was a blast for me as my first TT experience, got to meet JM and ask him how his TT went and he is very straight to the point and just said “It was shit” which to fair it was for him 3 DNF’s with the norton.

Also got to meet Dean Harrison and my word what a humble fella and what an amazing family man. Happy to talk to fans and spend time with the people who support him a true lot humble sports man.

Unfortunately couldn’t find any meets not even social ones I could get to and it seemed to be very much a single guys event from the FAB contingent, can’t make next years event due to other plans but looking to return for another trip soon.

Can recommend camping at Silly Moo’s £12 a night with free tea and coffee all day and night, hot showers and plenty of proper flushing toilets, the field drains well if it does rain but be warned if your not into cheesy music on race week and dancing like a loony with no cares you might want to find some other places to spend your evenings on some nights.

As for watching from Conker Tree’s (at the entrance to campsite) it is amazing I have some really good pictures of the riders coming through at High speed and having now ridden the course a fair few times I can’t say I know any of it but those lads has balls bigger than it looks the TV really doesn’t do the course any justice.

Glad everyone had a good trip and the fab couples event went well by all accounts, would be good to see a club social event come up in future which could involve the men as well as the couples and ladies but I know organising anything out there is hard work and likely to be expensive.

Still until next time enjoy the TT 2020 and I will hopefully get to meet some of you in the future.

If there is a rider you’d like a picture of coming through conked fields ping me a message and i’ll See if I have a good shot of them and ping it over via DM to you.

Happy Fabbing one and all

Durham

"2019’s TT was a blast for me as my first TT experience, got to meet JM and ask him how his TT went and he is very straight to the point and just said “It was shit” which to fair it was for him 3 DNF’s with the norton.

Also got to meet Dean Harrison and my word what a humble fella and what an amazing family man. Happy to talk to fans and spend time with the people who support him a true lot humble sports man.

Unfortunately couldn’t find any meets not even social ones I could get to and it seemed to be very much a single guys event from the FAB contingent, can’t make next years event due to other plans but looking to return for another trip soon.

Can recommend camping at Silly Moo’s £12 a night with free tea and coffee all day and night, hot showers and plenty of proper flushing toilets, the field drains well if it does rain but be warned if your not into cheesy music on race week and dancing like a loony with no cares you might want to find some other places to spend your evenings on some nights.

As for watching from Conker Tree’s (at the entrance to campsite) it is amazing I have some really good pictures of the riders coming through at High speed and having now ridden the course a fair few times I can’t say I know any of it but those lads has balls bigger than it looks the TV really doesn’t do the course any justice.

Glad everyone had a good trip and the fab couples event went well by all accounts, would be good to see a club social event come up in future which could involve the men as well as the couples and ladies but I know organising anything out there is hard work and likely to be expensive.

Still until next time enjoy the TT 2020 and I will hopefully get to meet some of you in the future.

If there is a rider you’d like a picture of coming through conked fields ping me a message and i’ll See if I have a good shot of them and ping it over via DM to you.

Happy Fabbing one and all"

Great review of your first trip to TT. So glad you had a great time and got some great pics. We are looking for a picture of sidecar No35

Getting a meet of any kind on the Island is Hard work. Apart from meeting the few couples who came along to the social we didn't manage any meets or play. Been that way every time we go. We have a new thread going now for 2020.

Newport Pagnell

"We are looking for a picture of sidecar No35."

What do you want it for? I have one, not great but not bad, of them going through Kirk Michael in practice week.

Durham

"We are looking for a picture of sidecar No35.

What do you want it for? I have one, not great but not bad, of them going through Kirk Michael in practice week."

All sorted now. Having one put on a canvas. Thanks though

» Add a new message to this topic