FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > New bike

New bike

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hubby has been diagnosed with cancer. I’ve convinced him getting a bike will do him (and me) good. He has it narrowed down to two alrounders. Vfr800 or cbf 1000. Thoughts? Any other recommendations ? Budget is 2.5k and he doesn’t like bandits

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hubby has been diagnosed with cancer. I’ve convinced him getting a bike will do him (and me) good. He has it narrowed down to two alrounders. Vfr800 or cbf 1000. Thoughts? Any other recommendations ? Budget is 2.5k and he doesn’t like bandits "

"Hubby has been diagnosed with cancer. I’ve convinced him getting a bike will do him (and me) good. He has it narrowed down to two alrounders. Vfr800 or cbf 1000. Thoughts? Any other recommendations ? Budget is 2.5k and he doesn’t like bandits "

Very sad to hear that guys. I hope all goes well with the treatment and you're coping OK.

On the bike front I think you'd both have fun on the cbf1k as the 800 isn't that friendly two up...short distance yes but long rides out would be testing

Wishing you both the very best. A Xxx

Yes the extra grunt of the thou is appealing, but as it’s going to be only him 75% of the time we think we could live with the 800. Besides, he has a soft spot for v4s and likes the single sided swing arm. It’s the next best thing after a shaft drive. He’s a nightmare when it comes to adjusting chains ...lasers, chalk lines etc. Single sided swing arm is so much easier

"Yes the extra grunt of the thou is appealing, but as it’s going to be only him 75% of the time we think we could live with the 800. Besides, he has a soft spot for v4s and likes the single sided swing arm. It’s the next best thing after a shaft drive. He’s a nightmare when it comes to adjusting chains ...lasers, chalk lines etc. Single sided swing arm is so much easier "

Haha buy him a theodolite 650 Joking apart I did my chain last week it was a doddle lol. Sounds like he's OCD like many a biker so the V4 it is then

No body works on his bikes or cars but him. He’s rather spend £100 on tools than pay someone £50 to do it for him

Try out a fazer 1000 will poo all over the vfr&cbf.

Sorry to hear this news and I hope the treatment goes witbout a hitch.

I had a family member diagnosed with breast cancer last year and the NHS where nothing but brilliant.

They where quick to act and she's just been given the all clear so good luck!

2.5 k can buy you a lot of bike.

VFRs are good but there's so much more out there.

Aprilia Futura and Ducati ST3/4 are excellent bikes and usually come with luggage too.

What about an FJ1200?

You'll pick a real clean one up for that money and they're bullet proof and very grunty.

I forgot to mention the Aprilia has a single sided swing arm too, so it should right up your street!

V twins are so much more pokey than a four too.

By *raceytvcdTV/TS  over a year ago

mansfield

[Removed by poster at 14/07/19 09:02:44]

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

We are so sorry to hear the news

Go get what he really wants. No matter what we all say it's what floats his boat that matters. If it's the vfr he wants go source the best you can find

By *ikerswingCouple  over a year ago

mcr

have a mate thats had vfr800's and he has told me on recent trips abroad 2 up its becoming a pain to ride talking about handle bar risers etc and the fact it "needs to ridden" 2 up .the cbf1 is a cracking bike for 2 up annd will keep up with and pass a lot of sport tourer/sport bikes solo .but all that said its down to personel taste just think about your position and comfort nothing worse than being uncomfy on a bike it can afdect your concentration

By *ustme34Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"Yes the extra grunt of the thou is appealing, but as it’s going to be only him 75% of the time we think we could live with the 800. Besides, he has a soft spot for v4s and likes the single sided swing arm. It’s the next best thing after a shaft drive. He’s a nightmare when it comes to adjusting chains ...lasers, chalk lines etc. Single sided swing arm is so much easier "
seems this list of likes about the 800 would be the thumbs up ..plenty of reasons there for getting it I'd say and yes I think single sided swing arms are way cooler in looks aswell

By *ireblade07Couple  over a year ago

redditch

Honda Vfr 1200 ! It's a V4 with single arm and shaft, and tons of grunt xxxxxx

Good luck for the future .

I have just had the same dilemma and conversation. I opted for the VFR. However, the CBF1000 is more upright and all day comfortable. A mate got knocked off his VFR and broke his shoulder and was unsure he could cope with another one due to the riding position, so he opted for the CBF1000. He says it isn't as well made or as exciting as the VFR, but is all day comfortable, and after a 2,000+ mile tour he didn't have a single ache or strain. I would go and sit on both and see how they feel and decide how you intend to ride. Both are good, it is just personal choice. Good luck with your quest.

» Add a new message to this topic