FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > 5 day NW200 trip may2020

5 day NW200 trip may2020

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Going to try and organise a wee trip over the water to the gorgeous Emerald Isle and take in the NW200 while we’re there, any must see places to take the bikes and recommendations of places to stay ?

Anyone else heading over fancy arranging a social meet over there ?

Leaving from Glasgow and taking the ferry over cairnryan to larne

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ugyukMan  over a year ago

EDINBURGH

Am gawn

By *attooed gentMan  over a year ago

anywhere everywhere

12th-17th may

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Went to the NW200 many time in the 80s great racing and friendly people. Sadly spent most time there in the paddock working

"Am gawn"

Aw man who said you were invited lol looks like it’s just a wee threesome so far need to get a catch up when you’re home and we can look st routes and accommodation

I dare say I will be over there, sorry I don't know where to recommend as i stay in the paddock.

By *ugyukMan  over a year ago

EDINBURGH

"Am gawn

Aw man who said you were invited lol looks like it’s just a wee threesome so far need to get a catch up when you’re home and we can look st routes and accommodation "

Defo

I is a NW200 expert

"Am gawn

Aw man who said you were invited lol looks like it’s just a wee threesome so far need to get a catch up when you’re home and we can look st routes and accommodation

Defo

I is a NW200 expert

"

Oh aye x

By *edLionScotMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I defo fancy going over to check it out.

By *orm1Man  over a year ago

White Waltham

Love the area - half my family is within 5 miles of the course, just never managed to get over for the race. Doh!

Great roads all around that area, out towards Castlerock and Downhill is great, but it’s hard to go wrong!

Many answers to your question OP so hope this helps.

Must do... Larne to Portstewart coastal road. (Keep on the scenic coast hugging routes). There's many castles and view points to explore too. Know the area like the back of my hand. Travelled all around Ireland in my 30 yes plus here and that one is hard to surpass for Twisties, views, interests and good pub stops. I'd happily be a tour guide for you guys for the day if interested.

"Many answers to your question OP so hope this helps.

Must do... Larne to Portstewart coastal road. (Keep on the scenic coast hugging routes). There's many castles and view points to explore too. Know the area like the back of my hand. Travelled all around Ireland in my 30 yes plus here and that one is hard to surpass for Twisties, views, interests and good pub stops. I'd happily be a tour guide for you guys for the day if interested."

There's quite a few options for accommodation too from hostels, BnBs, a few fabbers along there who might be willing to offer a bed or as I do is wild camping and I've a friend in Ballycastle that might allow a pitch there looking over the beach.

After Portrush, head along towards L'derry and on towards Glenveagh national park, definitely head then to Falcarragh the views are great as are the roads.

Have biker friends from UK that come over, I always say you need 2 weeks minimum. Most have returned to continue exploring. The west and south west are amazing too.

By *frrider_ukMan  over a year ago

Portrush

I will be there, I tend to stay at Skerries camp site, opposite Royal Portrush Golf club. Not too far to wander into town from there.

[Removed by poster at 08/08/19 09:27:55]

» Add a new message to this topic