FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Luggage

Luggage

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *attooed gent OP   Man  over a year ago

anywhere everywhere

Looking for a bit of advice.

Im heading out for a week on the bike and i don't really fancy wearing a backpack full of clothes and what not.

So my question is what would be best luggage wise to use on a Honda cbr600rr it has under the seat exhaust and a magnet tank bag won't work due to the tank being plastic.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

I have a couple of sets of sports bike soft luggage, should work with the under seat. The old Oxford set also has a zip on centre section as big as a large tankbag. I've used this for a weeks luggage (b&b's not camping).

S

West Wales

Best but most expensive bag option has always been the baglux IMO. Just change the cover when you change the bike, Do not sell it with the bike & you'll usually get 50% of the cost back when you stick it on EBay.

The tankbag you just use on everything. I have bikes with ally & plastic tanks too

S

By *outhessex14Man  over a year ago

basildon

Yeah as above just some throw over soft panniers should do

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I bought a set of Oxford soft Panniers used on ebay for £40.. They expand depending on what you have packed. Used for a 2 day tour with my wife 2 up... And a small tank bag...

Plenty of space... Just pack light... Shoes are the heaviest and most bulky thing...

But it was enough for us..

West Wales

"I bought a set of Oxford soft Panniers used on ebay for £40.. They expand depending on what you have packed. Used for a 2 day tour with my wife 2 up... And a small tank bag...

Plenty of space... Just pack light... Shoes are the heaviest and most bulky thing...

But it was enough for us.. "

& don't forget to fill the shoes with your socks & pants when you pack! No point in wasting all that space

S

"I bought a set of Oxford soft Panniers used on ebay for £40.. They expand depending on what you have packed. Used for a 2 day tour with my wife 2 up... And a small tank bag...

But it was enough for us..

& don't forget to fill the shoes with your socks & pants when you pack! No point in wasting all that space

S"

What pants....

By *kcpllCouple  over a year ago

colchester

Rock straps, and a waterproof bag/holdal? striped to back seat

"Rock straps, and a waterproof bag/holdal? striped to back seat"

Yes, that's a good option.. I use a waterproof roll bag for lighter trips one up...

anywhere everywhere

Thanks folks

As for wasting space I don't know how to waste space anywhere I go I have the smaller luggage than everyone else due to packing things compact and using every inch of space available

Check out kriega stuff. Can always sell it on for hardly any loss once you’ve finished.

"Check out kriega stuff. Can always sell it on for hardly any loss once you’ve finished. "

Kreiga is great stuff... I can only dream

anywhere everywhere

Wouldn't be selling it afterwards as got loads more trips planned for next year.

Just everytime I look and put my bike details in it shows newer models as mine is one of the first 600rr 03-05 very little available for them unlike the 06 onwards

"Wouldn't be selling it afterwards as got loads more trips planned for next year.

Just everytime I look and put my bike details in it shows newer models as mine is one of the first 600rr 03-05 very little available for them unlike the 06 onwards "

Soft luggage is a generic fit, fitted bike specific luggage is generally harder to get and more expensive..

anywhere everywhere

So something universal will do panniers and tail bag then.

Just never really had any need before for this but planning trips with bike group and taken in nw200 and tt next year.

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

Aldi had some great waterproof roll packs and holdalls for 10 quid couple of weeks ago. If they have none in store you are sure to find them on their Web site. Just strap it to back seat

"Aldi had some great waterproof roll packs and holdalls for 10 quid couple of weeks ago. If they have none in store you are sure to find them on their Web site. Just strap it to back seat"

Yes.. Roll bags are good if no pillion..

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

Or you have a rack. I had one on my blade I used to take on and off for camping. Roll pack and throw over panniers.

I've got an Oxford Aqua Roll. Great piece of kit, straps to the tail easily and kept everything nice and dry after 3 days of riding in Torrential rain in Europe.

anywhere everywhere

"I've got an Oxford Aqua Roll. Great piece of kit, straps to the tail easily and kept everything nice and dry after 3 days of riding in Torrential rain in Europe. "

Just not long been looking at this online and a lot of good reviews

Kriega stuff is generic and can be built to suit what you want. It all fits together in different configurations to suit you.

Has a 10 year guarantee on everything they make. It’s well worth the money.

By *oeyttMan  over a year ago

london / East Midlands

Another thumbs up for kriega fantastic luggage worth every penny highly recommend

By *ustWatchesMan  over a year ago

Newton Aycliffe

Could look at the Autokicker Revolve pannier tail pack, pal of mine throws that kit on the back of his sports bike, gives more capacity than simple throw overs for a longer trip.

» Add a new message to this topic