FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Triumph

Triumph

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ctionman2019 OP   Man  over a year ago

swadlincote

Not looking forward to the ride to pick my bike up from Staffordshire triumph unless the monsoon stops lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"Not looking forward to the ride to pick my bike up from Staffordshire triumph unless the monsoon stops lol"

Could always put it off till tomorrow

By *otlero69Man  over a year ago

ayr

Always rains when u get a new bike! Well does with me lol

By *outhessex14Man  over a year ago

basildon

Which one you gone for?

swadlincote

Was my bike what was in for a service had a street twin for a courtesy bike was ok but wasn't my explorer .. 700 quid lighter now but been done

By *icksfocusMan  over a year ago

Pontefract

"Was my bike what was in for a service had a street twin for a courtesy bike was ok but wasn't my explorer .. 700 quid lighter now but been done "

£700 ? What the feck did you have done?

By *ornymates25Couple (MM)  over a year ago

Tipton

Should try a guy called muddy sump he does services at your house using all geuine triumph parts hes an ex triumph tech top bloke.

Hell of a lot cheaper aswell.

Have to book a bit in advance tho ??

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

£700

Could by a little run around for that...

swadlincote

Was a 20k service all exhaust valves changed headstock bearings stripped degreased rear shock the same .. final drive checked and all fluids apart from coolant changed .. big services .. muddy sump next time

swadlincote

Yes you could had a loan bike .. street twin 900 was ok .. was great for nipping to the pub on .. but wasn't my explorer ..

By *ock69erMan  over a year ago

Middle o’ Fife

Was a 20k service all exhaust valves changed headstock bearings stripped degreased rear shock the same .. final drive checked and all fluids apart from coolant changed .. big services.

I have never heard so much shite in all my days... What the fuck did you do to the bike that merrited that kind of work at 20k?

You either destroyed the bike or you have been royally ripped off.

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

"Was a 20k service all exhaust valves changed headstock bearings stripped degreased rear shock the same .. final drive checked and all fluids apart from coolant changed .. big services.

I have never heard so much shite in all my days... What the fuck did you do to the bike that merrited that kind of work at 20k?

You either destroyed the bike or you have been royally ripped off. "

You've been done! I know Triumphs are difficult to work on and dealer rates are expensive but £750 for a service??

Why would the exhaust valves need replacing? 50,000 miles in my 2001 XJR,adjusted the valve clearances 3 times, even then there weren't far from their tolerances. Do Triumphs really need these replacing?

Why regrease the headstock bearings? If you are going to strip the front end completely to get at them you might as well replace them. They only cost about £20-£30. Nowadays rear shocks and bearings, bushes etc are sealed and don't need much maintenance apart from adjusting the head bearings.

How many fluids do you have? Oil, brakes and possibly clutch. They didn't even change the coolant, that strikes me as odd.

Final drive check takes 2 minutes.

Sorry but they saw you coming.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Exploders sorry I mean Expirers, damn I mean Explorers like the Trophy tourer are heavy on valve guides for some reason.

A guy I know with a Trophy has had an ongoing dispute with Triumph for four years.

So if the exhaust valves where replaced it's not a bad price.

Saying that Triumph have been producing that motor for over eight years and any issues with it should have been well and truly sorted by now.

If they haven't that's truly a bad manufacture at its worst!

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

They had a bit of a "Turkey" period with the Explorer & with production processes. I don't recall what years it covered but they had a free recall for new heads, centre stand & Ecu (from memory) Also had an issue for a period of bikes leaving the factory with virtually no grease on the headstock bearings.

£700 sounds ballpark for the 20k on an Explorer at a main dealer with a courtesy bike. Much like certain Firelades half the labour is taking the fucker apart & putting it back together again!

S

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

I didn't realise they still had issues.

I agree about the time taken to put it back together though, they've always been like that.

» Add a new message to this topic