FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Triumph sprint st 1050

Triumph sprint st 1050

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

OK peeps I have been thinking of a change and fancy the triumph sprint st 1050 as they are alot of bike for cheap money. Do any of you own or have owned one, thoughts.?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

"OK peeps I have been thinking of a change and fancy the triumph sprint st 1050 as they are alot of bike for cheap money. Do any of you own or have owned one, thoughts.? "

I love Triumph, had a couple a Speed Triple and a Bonneville, was looking at a Sprint but ended up buying a VFR800 instead. Will be interested in other bikers opinions as I certainly fancy owning one in the future

I've a fazer fzs 600 that I tidied up over the winter, so it's now a low miles minter. I seen one in this month's Ps magazine and has got me thinking of one.

By *udith55TV/TS  over a year ago

Birmingham

Had a test ride on one when I thought of getting rid of my Trophy 1200, the GT was nice but I found the clutch too heavy for town riding. A lot of bike for the money.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

ive had one. only had it 4mths. the clutch was shite it was way top heavy doing u turns was horrible. even worse two up. liked the look of it spent loads tring to make it handle better. but gave up and swapped it for a cb1300. which run rings round the st

Someone said to me today about them feeling top heavy but a friend had one and he would have another tomorrow. We'll update I am of over across the water to lancaster to pick one up so will see if I like it on the ride down to the Birkenhead ferry lol.

Have got one and love it.....big open roads where I am though and clutch hasn’t been a drama but if riding around town can see it might be. Plenty of kick and I love riding it.

Now that is what I want to hear thic, do you get practical sports bikes magazine?, the one I am picking up is at the back of it.

I've got an st1050, rode it all round the country and for a while used to use it to commute into London. Even used it when teaching cbt's though I never used it to demonstrate the turn in the road.... It has the turning circle of the ark royal. Love the bike too bits. It's never let me down other than a dodgy battery.

I'm soo happy it was an instant click with the bike, comfy, sporty, silky smooth power. My only gripe is the mirrors

Had a 955i daytona awesome !

Blackbird cbr1100 traded in for a tiger 1050 miss cbr top end but tiger is ace v torquey

I jad a sprint st 1050. Great engine. Shite headlights. Triumph luggage is also shite. Far too small, a helmet wont even fit in the topbox. If buying one, try for one of the last made. Upgraded headlights and sprint gt luggage.

I love my Triumphs, back to speed triples for me though.

"I jad a sprint st 1050. Great engine. Shite headlights. Triumph luggage is also shite. Far too small, a helmet wont even fit in the topbox. If buying one, try for one of the last made. Upgraded headlights and sprint gt luggage.

I love my Triumphs, back to speed triples for me though."

I bought an 06 one with no luggage and going to ubgrade to LEDs all round.

I used to have one. It was brilliant. Now on my 4th Triumph

By *riumphriderMan  over a year ago

Norwich

Had a 2006 Sprint st 1050. Loved it. Very smooth n comfy. Look out for bikes with charging problems as the alternator can burn out. Headlights are crap so changed to h.i.ds miles better, LED bulbs better still. Would I buy another 1.......yes

By *p478Man  over a year ago

norfolk

Lovely bikes, quite nippy, awful headlights at night. Only real issue is on a hot day my legs and arse get too hot because of the underseat pipes.

By *im ZeeMan  over a year ago

staffs/chesh

Reading this with interest as I have Fazer 600 at present but quite like the look of the ST

» Add a new message to this topic