FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Restricting bikes

Restricting bikes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ive farming relations who use the rural roads, and for years, seen accidents, had large groups of recreational riders speeding, screeching tyres and on occasion, accidents.

One trend seems to be aggressive riders involving road rage incidents, including myself.

I was driving an agricultural vehicle doing 20 odd mph with lights and beacon on in dry weather when a bike came around a bend ending up on my side of the road. Luckily I could stop in time as the vehicle i was driving is quite solid. The rider had lost a lot of speed and ended up off his bike and nearly slid under my (large) front wheels.

2 other Angry riders soon were threatening with the usual hand signals and kicking my vehicle so decided not to get out, and drove off after the guy hot up, his bike on its side under the hedge row. Luckily they didn't come after me., especially with a top speed of just over 20mph.

So, enough id enough.. Should recreational groups of riders be restricted from country lanes, or more speed cameras be used on country lanes that attracts the thrill seaking yobo type of rider?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No!

Totally get what you mean the rural country roads many of them are very narrow and I have total respect for aggri because I grew up around those areas not to mention in shit weather especially snow it’s the farmers out clearing these roads and rescuing cars because they need these roads clear and accessible all year to look after their animals

End of the day if we’re speeding and not adhering to the Highway Code advice on country roads no one else to blame but ourselves

By *nglishdoodMan  over a year ago

Morristown

I've got a video on YouTube of me encountering a farm vehicle on my side of the road coming out of a blind bend. Let's not get mention the swathes of slippery shite farm vehicles spread over the roads.

There are selfish pricks in every walk of life. All we can do is try not to be one of them and call them out when we encounter them.

For every 1000 respectful riders, there will always be the 1 or 2 that give the masses a bad rep. Restricting the many who know how to ride safely and respectfully on country lanes seems overkill to me.

Part of being a good rider, is the ability to assess conditions, the road itself and more importantly, the riders own ability.

To ride on the wrong side of the road on any country lane suggests the rider is probably not aware of his own restricted ability, or the road itself, at this point, he should have reigned it in until his riding matched his ability.

By *uckcherryCouple  over a year ago

hull

Isn't this the same op that was baiting people on another thread on the forum saying all bikes should be banned, bike clubs be imprisoned, and anyone that thinks of becoming a biker be hung drawn and quartered!!!!!

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

Is this the same shit you posted the other day OP.

Falkirk

"Ive farming relations who use the rural roads, and for years, seen accidents, had large groups of recreational riders speeding, screeching tyres and on occasion, accidents.

One trend seems to be aggressive riders involving road rage incidents, including myself.

I was driving an agricultural vehicle doing 20 odd mph with lights and beacon on in dry weather when a bike came around a bend ending up on my side of the road. Luckily I could stop in time as the vehicle i was driving is quite solid. The rider had lost a lot of speed and ended up off his bike and nearly slid under my (large) front wheels.

2 other Angry riders soon were threatening with the usual hand signals and kicking my vehicle so decided not to get out, and drove off after the guy hot up, his bike on its side under the hedge row. Luckily they didn't come after me., especially with a top speed of just over 20mph.

So, enough id enough.. Should recreational groups of riders be restricted from country lanes, or more speed cameras be used on country lanes that attracts the thrill seaking yobo type of rider? "

In answer to your question no.

Have you actually tried to action anything in your local area “IF” these so called gangs are such a scourge on the local community, or are you just trolling the forum to get views on your profile?

And unfortunately just to point out your statement of accounts is entirely your own opinion so don’t be surprised if the majority on here call bull shit.

"Is this the same shit you posted the other day OP.

"

Obviously you either haven't a problem with hazards and casualty counts on the road and quite happy for accidents and incidents to continue.

[Removed by poster at 20/10/19 20:40:18]

"Ive farming relations who use the rural roads, and for years, seen accidents, had large groups of recreational riders speeding, screeching tyres and on occasion, accidents.

So, enough id enough.. Should recreational groups of riders be restricted from country lanes, or more speed cameras be used on country lanes that attracts the thrill seaking yobo type of rider?

Have you actually tried to action anything in your local area “IF” these so called gangs are such a scourge on the local community, or are you just trolling the forum to get views on your profile?

And unfortunately just to point out your statement of accounts is entirely your own opinion so don’t be surprised if the majority on here call bull shit.

"

You enjoy the country lanes then.

"

good points on here.. Eg draging mud onto roads which Ive tried to avoid and cleaned up. Some good replies.. Yours isn't.

Falkirk

Obviously you either haven't a problem with hazards and casualty counts on the road and quite happy for accidents and incidents to continue. "

Ok OP to you-

Do you think Agricultural equipment drivers and operators should force harsher enforcement with regards to equipment condition and operation on the public highway?

For instance as HGV drivers require a CPC should heavy equipment operators have to comply to the same high standard.

What enforcement should be implemented for tractor drivers and operators who’s tractors and equipment leak hazardous fluids like diesel and hydraulic oil on the public highways making driving conditions dangerous for other road users?

What enforcement should be implemented for tractor drivers and operators who contaminate road surfaces with mud when transiting from field to field. Mud and heavy loam soil is very dangerous in wet conditions should the farmer or operator be held responsible for any accidents caused by the mud?

What enforcement should be implemented for tractors exceeding the maximum road speed for towed or hitched implements. New tractors have road speeds up to 55kph when carrying front and rear mounted implements which restricts vision when in transportation.

What enforcement should be implemented for tractors and implements running over the maximum legal road width by the use of larger tyres or set up for row crop configuration.

Falkirk

Obviously you either haven't a problem with hazards and casualty counts on the road and quite happy for accidents and incidents to continue. "

The main hazards now on rural roads is heavy equipment size and speed.

Operators and drivers are pushing these machines to the limit on these small rural roads crossing into oncoming traffic usually fully laden with implements which would cause catastrophic and fatal damage to those unfortunate to be involved.

Obviously you either haven't a problem with hazards and casualty counts on the road and quite happy for accidents and incidents to continue.

Operators and drivers are pushing these machines to the limit on these small rural roads crossing into oncoming traffic usually fully laden with implements which would cause catastrophic and fatal damage to those unfortunate to be involved.

"

https://www.fwi.co.uk/business/mud-road-farmers-responsibility-explained

I was always aware of the vehicle and the potential of hazards it presented, i always checked everything before and after work., drove carefully and took my time. Plenty things did happen but because I was always careful, accidents were averted because guess what! I was safety conscious and didn't want to be involved in an accident!

Im the ssme with my car, stick to the highway code and never had an accident in over 30 years

How about you? When was the last time you checked your bike over? Or considered other road users?

[Removed by poster at 20/10/19 21:44:08]

Nearly having someone slide under your wheels, especially when driving something big n heavy, me being careful paid off didn't it. My 30 year record intact, how about yourself?

Falkirk

I was always aware of the vehicle and the potential of hazards it presented, i always checked everything before and after work., drove carefully and took my time. Plenty things did happen but because I was always careful, accidents were averted because guess what! I was safety conscious and didn't want to be involved in an accident!

Im the ssme with my car, stick to the highway code and never had an accident in over 30 years

How about you? When was the last time you checked your bike over? Or considered other road users? "

Always check my bikes, they go through the same compulsory checks every year.

I consider road probably a lot more than you do as I’m aware of my size and visibility when riding.

Anyway this is all irrelevant to your original post, “should bikes be restricted” and the answer is still No.

Like my previous question that you failed to answer, have you actually done anything about it?

Have you approached your local farming community and expressed your concerns,

Have you wrote or visited your local MP and explained what is actually going on, have you formed an official body to tackle the issue locally, have you sat down with your local police community liaison officer and explained it to them??????

Probably not. So rather than come across as a twat trying to preach how sensible you are behind the wheel of a tractor, how about actually doing something about it rather than whinging on a swinging site looking for Rolling for approval.

"Isn't this the same op that was baiting people on another thread on the forum saying all bikes should be banned, bike clubs be imprisoned, and anyone that thinks of becoming a biker be hung drawn and quartered!!!!! "

Yep, the green arrow is our friend...

How about you? When was the last time you checked your bike over? Or considered other road users?

I consider road probably a lot more than you do as I’m aware of my size and visibility when riding.

Anyway this is all irrelevant to your original post, “should bikes be restricted” and the answer is still No.

Like my previous question that you failed to answer, have you actually done anything about it?

Have you wrote or visited your local MP and explained what is actually going on, have you formed an official body to tackle the issue locally, have you sat down with your local police community liaison officer and explained it to them??????

Probably not. So rather than come across as a twat trying to preach how sensible you are behind the wheel of a tractor, how about actually doing something about it rather than whinging on a swinging site looking for Rolling for approval. "

Lots of boring and arrogant assumptions here.

The police and local council are well aware of the issues.

The police do whst they can, but probably not enough powers. The problem still exidts and by monitoring bikers uding rural roads excessively (riding up and down consistently) and at speed should be told to do one or grt fined., especially if they've ridden miles to prat about on local roads.

I agree There are responsible riders, and feel you're not one of them.

I drove a much larger vehicle thsn a bike, spacial awareness and guaging distances, road position etc are based on safety, not your perception of rosd skills are more likely based on how maximum speed you can go taking a corner, screeching your tyres and leaving tyre marks on the road... fuck the speed limit because you know best and its everyone else's fault if you crash.

Riders like you should be controlled by fines and confiscate your bike for yourself and everyone else

Falkirk

Probably not. So rather than come across as a twat trying to preach how sensible you are behind the wheel of a tractor, how about actually doing something about it rather than whinging on a swinging site looking for Rolling for approval.

Lots of boring and arrogant assumptions here.

The police and local council are well aware of the issues.

The police do whst they can, but probably not enough powers. The problem still exidts and by monitoring bikers uding rural roads excessively (riding up and down consistently) and at speed should be told to do one or grt fined., especially if they've ridden miles to prat about on local roads.

I agree There are responsible riders, and feel you're not one of them.

I drove a much larger vehicle thsn a bike, spacial awareness and guaging distances, road position etc are based on safety, not your perception of rosd skills are more likely based on how maximum speed you can go taking a corner, screeching your tyres and leaving tyre marks on the road... fuck the speed limit because you know best and its everyone else's fault if you crash.

Riders like you should be controlled by fines and confiscate your bike for yourself and everyone else "

So you’ve done fuck all really

You posted on a swinger site specifically trying to antagonise bikers and gain the odd sympathy vote.

You argument is shit. You state “riders like me should be controlled by fines and have the bikes confiscated” but that won’t happen because like the majority of bikers on here we are not twats on the road.

Even in your comments above make no sense which makes us all believe you might have deeper underlying issues with motorcyclists.

So to recap on your moaning and whinging and getting back to your original post that you somehow try to body swerve with tales of woe from your tractor,

The answer is still NO. And if nothing is being done about it from a legal standpoint then my money is on the fact you are greatly exaggerating things.

Now sweetheart if there is anything else us bikers can clear up for you just give us a shout.

All this from a biker when In the bikers forum " your top speed" where some people openly brag about hittin 100mph on public roads!

Get a fucking grip!

Legitimate road users like myself need to use roads to provide you with the food, drink clothing etc YOU use!

While your pulling wheelies, speeding at 100+ while lecturing other rosd users, your hypocritical shite is fucking priceless!

I hope when you have your accident, your no where near me or get me involved like the other biker tosser who slid in front of my wheels

Bikers problem, no?

By *mm_n_ZedCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

OP - can't you request a tractor forum where you can vent your spleen?

Falkirk

"All this from a biker when In the bikers forum " your top speed" where some people openly brag about hittin 100mph on public roads!

Get a fucking grip!

Legitimate road users like myself need to use roads to provide you with the food, drink clothing etc YOU use!

While your pulling wheelies, speeding at 100+ while lecturing other rosd users, your hypocritical shite is fucking priceless!

I hope when you have your accident, your no where near me or get me involved like the other biker tosser who slid in front of my wheels"

You still waffling shit. You managed to piss off everyone in the other threads with you mindless drivel.

Have you finally realised in reality nobody really gives a toss what you think and preaching your drivel on the biker forum is going to get you no where.

Man up with your idiotic ramblings, stating you are a “legitimate road user”. You can’t prove that on here, and even if you could do you really think the minority on a swinger site actually give a shit.

Most bikers I know check n clean their bikes before riding them then check em again when they get back - pay the taxes n have the annual checks that most other vehicles do - best to actually get to know a few before ya start slagging the whole group off because of a group of 3 dicks

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"All this from a biker when In the bikers forum " your top speed" where some people openly brag about hittin 100mph on public roads!

Get a fucking grip!

I hope when you have your accident, your no where near me or get me involved like the other biker tosser who slid in front of my wheels"

Food clothing and drink eh... Do you know how many of us bikers drive wagons? Without us all your stuff would get nowhere. Also a high percentage of us professional drivers who also ride motorcycles train or have been trained to a very high standard of advanced driving/ motorcycling

» Add a new message to this topic