FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Back in the saddle again...

Back in the saddle again...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oxycouple28 OP   Couple  over a year ago

bexley

Hi all

I am changing jobs soon and will be working in central london. I haven't ridden for about 6 years but before that rode for 10 years with an R6 and CBR, both commuting/touring and sports.

I'm looking for a decent big bike to get back into riding and to commute on. I am toying with either a 600 Hornet or Bandit. The way I see it, decent low down grunt and decent seating position.

Anybody gave any experience of these? Or any other suggestions...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ugyukMan  over a year ago

EDINBURGH

Ducati ST3

Your welcome

By *raceytvcdTV/TS  over a year ago

mansfield

Yamaha mt09

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hi all

I am changing jobs soon and will be working in central london. I haven't ridden for about 6 years but before that rode for 10 years with an R6 and CBR, both commuting/touring and sports.

I'm looking for a decent big bike to get back into riding and to commute on. I am toying with either a 600 Hornet or Bandit. The way I see it, decent low down grunt and decent seating position.

Anybody gave any experience of these? Or any other suggestions... "

Get a yamaha fazer fzs 600, they are a better bike than the hornet and cheaper

By *NawtyCplCouple  over a year ago

Around and about

"Hi all

Anybody gave any experience of these? Or any other suggestions... "

Not a fan of the bandits, very front heavy, i found the weight hard to manage but im short

By *uckcherryCouple  over a year ago

hull

If your thinking of a bandit, go for the 12, you'll never get bored of it.. ??

"If your thinking of a bandit, go for the 12, you'll never get bored of it.. ??"

Definitely a 12 if thinking of a bandit..

Yamaha FZ1 Might be a good shout..

By *ribsaMan  over a year ago

A box at end of your bed

Triumph road rocket 3 should make a fantastic commuter bike in London traffic.

I had a Hornet and it is the perfect commuter bike. Light enough to comfortable weave through traffic, nippy enough to get away at the lights, comfortable enough to go long runs on and not too bad to insure.

The only drawback is that the 600 engine is too revvy for longer trips or spells on the motorway.

Loved the bike though.

Best bike I've ever had for commuting, was a Suzuki SV650, had everything it needed. Although the CP3 engine in the MT09 is an absolute belter. CP4 in the mt10 even more fun, but lairy is an understatement

Fazer or Hornet. Not too cumbersome. Or my favourite. Honda Rebel 500cc.

bexley

Although I like some of the suggestions made. This is going to be a budget bike due to insurance and me being away from riding for a few years. That and I want something I dont mind get wet every day etc.

Like the idea of a Frazer as well... hadn't had that thought.

By *raceytvcdTV/TS  over a year ago

mansfield

[Removed by poster at 21/10/19 18:11:27]

By *andDeeCouple  over a year ago

Ashford

Don’t forget when considering a bike to see if it is ULEZ compliant, or it will cost you a fortune over time.

Got to love the intelligence of the Mayor of London.

bexley

"Don’t forget when considering a bike to see if it is ULEZ compliant, or it will cost you a fortune over time.

Got to love the intelligence of the Mayor of London."

Thankfully not going to hit ULEZ where I am, and by the time they extend it out to the south circular in a couple of years, I will then have the experiance back again and the no insurance bonus (hopefully) to then justify something brand new

By *andDeeCouple  over a year ago

Ashford

"Don’t forget when considering a bike to see if it is ULEZ compliant, or it will cost you a fortune over time.

Thankfully not going to hit ULEZ where I am, and by the time they extend it out to the south circular in a couple of years, I will then have the experiance back again and the no insurance bonus (hopefully) to then justify something brand new"

Until the thieving scrotes find their kicks elsewhere, I wouldn’t want to take a motorbike in to London, let alone a new one.

Any of the MT range ..

I'm on a gsxs 1000 fab bike

By *ad habit to breakMan  over a year ago

South manchester

CBf 600 or better still the CBF 1000.. amazing alrounder and nobody want to nick them cheap to insure .. maintain and a bloddy lot of fun..

bexley

Thankfully not going to hit ULEZ where I am, and by the time they extend it out to the south circular in a couple of years, I will then have the experiance back again and the no insurance bonus (hopefully) to then justify something brand new

Until the thieving scrotes find their kicks elsewhere, I wouldn’t want to take a motorbike in to London, let alone a new one. "

Not sure I ever made this clear enough. It wont be a new one, it will be a cheap old one while I get back into it. No point ruining a new bike riding through winter

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

Bandit 12, best £1800 I’ve spent.

Used as a hack and fitted with Renthal bars.

Can throw it about town and still embarrass the litre class sports bikes when out for a blast.

Budget for rear tyres lol

By *ilfandme206Couple  over a year ago

North Kerry

"Hi all

Anybody gave any experience of these? Or any other suggestions...

Get a yamaha fazer fzs 600, they are a better bike than the hornet and cheaper"

I had the fazer it was a fantastic bike, easy to handle at low speed around town and great fun when you get it out on the open road (track 120mph no problem!!)

I commute on a monster 1200. Not really recommended.

With pcp deals now there are loads of commuter options.

» Add a new message to this topic