FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Most underrated bike that's impressed you

Most underrated bike that's impressed you

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uffymayfair OP   Couple  over a year ago

Almeria

I took a test ride on an Enfield 500 and was totally impressed when I expected it to be shite, not impressed in a top speed way but just the way it rides. Has anyone bhad similar experiences

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ardiff123Man  over a year ago

Cardiff

My Honda 125CBR really impressed me when I was learning

By *im fuegoMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

Years ago, my aprilia RS was back at the dealers and they lent me a 500 mile old TRX850 demonstrator, I expected it to be a budget bike but I loved it

By *orWullieMan  over a year ago

Dunoon

My current bike, a 1998 Honda cb500. She's my first 'big' bike after only passing my test this year, so I don't have anything to compare her to and she's a budget/commuter bike, but anyone who has had a go on her is surprised how well she rides!

Almeria

"Years ago, my aprilia RS was back at the dealers and they lent me a 500 mile old TRX850 demonstrator, I expected it to be a budget bike but I loved it"

I had the same bike as a demo when they were launched TRX was a brilliant bike and so ahead of its time

By *kbull2000Man  over a year ago

Carluke

"My current bike, a 1998 Honda cb500. She's my first 'big' bike after only passing my test this year, so I don't have anything to compare her to and she's a budget/commuter bike, but anyone who has had a go on her is surprised how well she rides! "

You will go on to bigger and faster bikes, but don't sell the CB500. Brilliant bikes and sometimes it's good to take it out for a ride. It'll remind you how far you've come and how much fun it was developing your skills.

By *uckcherryCouple  over a year ago

hull

My latest bike, a virago 1100, handles surprisingly well, got a little bit of go in it, but it's nice to just potter about on a Sunday ride, always got the modified bandit 12 to expose my inner hooligan when needs be.....

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

A Honda XL600 Transalp. I brought it for a winter bike but I ride it all year. A nice V Twin engine, reliable and comfortable.

Not an exciting bike but suprisingly good.

By *kbull2000Man  over a year ago

Carluke

VFR800. Every time I ride it, it immediately reminds me why I should never part with it. Other bikes come and go, but I keep a few bikes that are special to me.

By *edLionScotMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

SUZUKI GSX750F

Surprisingly quick and capable bike. Cheap as chips, it was often referred to as the poor man's VFR. Air/oil cooled 750. Retuned (not defined) and a lot smoother through the gears and rev range than the GSX-R. It'll surprise a few bigger bikes.

Stick panniers or soft luggage on and you've got a great wee sports tourer.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My first bike, a 1990 honda cb-1 400, amazing little bike with an over-engineered engine for its time, still actually have it

My current 600rr is just slightly better lol

This one was a blind buy vt250st t yes the t ment turbo a v twin 250 jap import bought from huddersfield with a turbo the size of a thimble on it redline at 16k revved out to just 20k sounded like an f1 car with a 400 ss conti pipe grafted onto it screamed like hell loads of fun till the clutch cylider went had to import on from Japan 200 quid only paid 250 for the bike

My 72' Honda C70. A right giggle, fettling it to get every mph out of it, bullet proof, cheap as chips, simple to work on, always makes me grin when I ride it ass up, head down

Opposite end to my R1!

In fact everything I ride 'ass up head down' is fun lol

Almeria

One that I really enjoyed riding was an xt500 that was if I could get the bloody thing kick started, if I didn't get it first or second time I'd give up lol

By *inkytoolMan  over a year ago

barnsley

Aprillia rs250 awesome ride

By *tooleMan  over a year ago

Munster

S1000rr lightening quick with lots of gadgets and an aprilla rs250

Well it's always been moto guzzi for me, never see many around which is a shame.

Suzuki Gladius .. Quirky name plus quirky styling but punchy SV650 motor and low seat height = pegs on the deck through the bends and great around town ...

Honda cb250G5. It just works..

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

My Yamaha WRX 125 super motto.

By *andK78Couple  over a year ago

Newport

Not exactly underrated,

MT09, dislike the look of them, spec is nothing to write home about BUT I took one out and wow what an engine that triple is, that engine in an R6 chassis would get my money.

By *simpleguyMan  over a year ago

Caterham

Or break an ankle trying!

"One that I really enjoyed riding was an xt500 that was if I could get the bloody thing kick started, if I didn't get it first or second time I'd give up lol "

I bought a thruxton 900 a couple of months ago. I hVe other bikes but it's the one that gives me the most giggles.

Love my tl1000s, never had an issue with her handling

Almeria

"Love my tl1000s, never had an issue with her handling "

I've always fancied a tl.

It's a great bike xx

Always liked the look of the tl1000

By *unglebook40Man  over a year ago

hull

"Love my tl1000s, never had an issue with her handling "

Brilliant bike, got a bad image given early in its life due journalists that couldn't ride a big vtwin, I had an original 97 TL for a few yrs until rear shock mount broke off writing it off then had a couple of BT12s now it's big sister a Busa.

By *artyanna16200TV/TS  over a year ago

leeds

My little mz290 saxon , did everything at between 30 -55 mph , comfy seat , if you jeeded to brake hard it was too late , so steer instead, started every morning second kick , electrics either worked , or didnt and a spare fuse made sure if they didnt , they would , adorable , light , brittle when crashed into sadly ! Id recommend one

honda c90...stallion of a bike

A few years back I bought an 04 plate BMW k1200Gt.

Looked dull but went like a rocket and amazing handling on it too.

By *olveskismetCouple  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Back in the day I had a Norton F1 rotary for a day while my K100 was having a service. I'd heard the hype about them but never believed it, turned out to be an awesome ride turbine smooth and handled like a dream. Definitely wouldn't have had a licence for long if I'd owned it.

Years ago I didn't have much money and bought an ex couriers CX500 for £500

Brilliant bike so relaxing to ride, did an indicated 100mph any day of the week and was brilliant on fuel

CX500, a big ugly lump, but great fun to ride,

95 suzuki gsx600f is way under rated..in my opinion.

By *icksfocusMan  over a year ago

Pontefract

"My current bike, a 1998 Honda cb500. She's my first 'big' bike after only passing my test this year, so I don't have anything to compare her to and she's a budget/commuter bike, but anyone who has had a go on her is surprised how well she rides! "

These are a brilliant bike and a few turn up at track days and embarrass bigger more expensive bikes. They even race them, have a look on YouTube for cb500 racing

By *otorcyclingPerson666Man  over a year ago

western hemisphere , planet earth

had loads of thou`s,1100s etc... things like vmax etc... but as I`m getting older and a few health issues I got a little ER^n last year... and seriously impressed with it, quick enough up to 95, handles great as its so light and just feels like riding a dt125

By *artyanna16200TV/TS  over a year ago

leeds

My old R80rt , bought for £620 , three dufferent shades of red, no fairing, 58 000 miles, ran stopped handled , solo or two up , it was a fuckin hoot to ride and enjoy everyday ALL day, Had a quite organic burbling note to its motor, much like a beetle, but it handled so well for quite a tall bike with such long travel suspension and a single rear shock , the nivomatt rear shock soaked up the torque reaction when the bike was cornering, and damped the most pot holed surface , but stayed firm and inspired confidence when cornering at high speed two up on the motorway or through the derbyshire countryside, . Still want to own, an R100 or 1150 ,rs ,if you want to have your pillion kicking your armpits or be climbing all over the tank every roundabout trying to scrape your knees or pegs , buy an r1 , if you want to enjoy your journey to work then tale a holiday on two wheels , buy boxer twin

By *obmarieCouple  over a year ago

Mid Wales& Border

FJ1200 pulled like a train and not as difficult to ride as some people said they were. A bike that could cover serious miles wish I still had it.

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

The K1200 I had a blast on last week.

First BMW I rode and it's a bit of a weapon.

» Add a new message to this topic