FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Bikes and work

Bikes and work

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Many years ago, when I was an all weather biker, I had the opportunity of a promotion at work, which I duly grasped with both hands.

But in my interview, just as I was about to walk out of the door, I was told that having the job and a motorbike were not compatible, despite the fact that I was working at the same establishment with the same people, and did not need to travel with work....

Has anyone else ever had this sort of prejudice??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

Years ago when I started racing the company I worked for said I couldn't race bikes and work for them. So I just kept it a secret which was hard work.

Still working for the same company but in another area I told them I was going on holiday to the Isle of man. I was actually racing at the Manx Grand prix and still couldn't tell them. Ended up having a crash, 2 weeks in Nobles hospital and 4 months off work. I had to tell them it was a road traffic accident and I got away with it.

I work in the motorcycle industry now so it doesn't matter.

By *ombikerMan  over a year ago

the right side of the river

I have had both, had interviews where the other person was into bikes, that was all that was talked about

Needless to say, got the job

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Used to work for a company who was so snobby they wouldn’t let me park my motorcycle in the car park because they didn’t want Clients to see them. They felt they tarnished the look of the building. I was ‘allowed’ to park it at the rear in the loading bay.

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

Thoroughly encouraged where I work as it is part of the job.

By *lancheifMan  over a year ago

Ayr

Not that i'm aware of, but if i did then they would have been told to get to fuck and shove their job up their arse

By *eauville69Man  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

Two little words Employment Tribunal

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It was 1986....didn't have that sort of thing then. Best you could get was the union..

» Add a new message to this topic