FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Tenere 700 or new Africa twin

Tenere 700 or new Africa twin

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

A bit stumped at the moment as to what new bike to buy.

The T700 has me intrigued as it's a fun exciting little bike built for adventures on and off road and what an engine. Plus the savings mean I can upgrade the suspension, and anything else as I see fit. The downside is the lack of any major electronics and aids by comparison and I'm worried it won't be as up to longer distances.

The Twin is obviously the bigger more touring oriented bike with all the gadgets, it's rock solid and like the T700 it's a looker. The downside is it costs more (not a major issue but mad not to consider it) and I just know it won't be as enjoyable off road.

Riding will be likely 80% Road and 20% off road but I've been threatening to do the trans European trail so it is a consideration.

Anyone have any feedback or experience on one or both?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Go test ride the new BMW 850GS

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I did, it just wasn't for me. Lovely bike. No major issue but it didn't do it for me unfortunately.

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

Personally I would go for the Yamaha, they look gorgeous and I think the Tenere has always been a good bike.

I wouldn't worry about the electronics etc the Yamaha would be good for anything. I still do some big trips on a 1992 carbed XL600!

Go to 44Teeth on YouTube they test both bikes including the Ktm790.

By *ock69erMan  over a year ago

Middle o’ Fife

"A bit stumped at the moment as to what new bike to buy.

The T700 has me intrigued as it's a fun exciting little bike built for adventures on and off road and what an engine. Plus the savings mean I can upgrade the suspension, and anything else as I see fit. The downside is the lack of any major electronics and aids by comparison and I'm worried it won't be as up to longer distances.

The Twin is obviously the bigger more touring oriented bike with all the gadgets, it's rock solid and like the T700 it's a looker. The downside is it costs more (not a major issue but mad not to consider it) and I just know it won't be as enjoyable off road.

Riding will be likely 80% Road and 20% off road but I've been threatening to do the trans European trail so it is a consideration.

Anyone have any feedback or experience on one or both? "

Yeah, toss a coin. They're both brilliant

It's the yamaha t7 for me all the way.

Been waiting for it for 3 years and about to order one.

I owned an mt07 with the same engine and it's the best bike I've ever owned just amazing.

Also redtread in spain have some for next year and have mad some new on/off road adventures ready for next year.

By *omieMan  over a year ago

Larne

T700. I test rode both the naked 07 and Tracer 700, they were both superb

yes I'm with you on the 850 awesome bike x

» Add a new message to this topic