FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Bike weight limits.

Bike weight limits.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ok. I’ll not beat about the bush. I’m 105kg and Michelle is a bbw. I’ve just bought a Triumph Scrambler ( 16 plate, no I can’t afford the latest model) and need to find the carrying capacity of the bike. I know we both can’t ride my other bikes, and am curious to know if we can on the newest addition, or can the suspension be upgraded. Any help is gratefully recieved. And yes, I know we should really get on a healthier diet

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uckymooMan  over a year ago

Mid-Cheshire

https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=safari&hl=en-gb&sxsrf=ACYBGNR2yMa0eGaNaCPabHRUYFpzXh46qg:1579207105254&q=motorcycle+weight+chart&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwis8aP0_IjnAhXSgVwKHfxCCfUQ1QIwGXoECBgQFw&biw=375&bih=619&dpr=2#imgrc=8PJebTiqDN-b6M:

By *ubbles12312Couple  over a year ago

stockport

Have the springs up rated you can send then of and have them changed to your spec

Thanks. So do I just tell them I need to carry X kg?

By *ubbles12312Couple  over a year ago

stockport

As far as I know you just tell the the weight and they will fit a spring you need

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I recommend Hagon. Have used them many times and they will supply shocks optimised for your weight. http://www.hagon-shocks.co.uk/catalog/config.aspx?TypeID=T

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I recommend Hagon. Have used them many times and they will supply shocks optimised for your weight. http://www.hagon-shocks.co.uk/catalog/config.aspx?TypeID=T"

Fitted to both my XL600 and my Africa Twin.

One of the best upgrades you can do to a bike IMO. Not cheap but lasts. Mine have been on over 10 years each. It does increase the value of the bike too.

By *icksfocusMan  over a year ago

Pontefract

[Removed by poster at 19/01/20 19:24:33]

By *icksfocusMan  over a year ago

Pontefract

Have a look at mctsuspension.co.uk

They can service your rear shock and fit a heavier spring, you just need to tell them your combined weight with riding gear on. They can also do the same for the forks with heavier springs/oil.

Remember all shocks and forks need servicing to keep them at optimum performance.

I’ve used MCT twice before for two of my race bikes and I’m just waiting for the forks and shock to come back for my road bike (Yamaha Rd350ypvs with Suzuki rgv250 vj22 front and rear ends) and I must say that the service they provide is second to none

Thanks gents, this is all great help.

By *iwynMan  over a year ago

north wales

Being twinshock the Scrambler will be a doddle to upgrade, but you will need to stiffen the front end as well as the rear. Especially when it comes to stopping.

» Add a new message to this topic