FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Route advice

Route advice

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Morning all! I'm after some route advice and recommendations of places to stay. I'm doing a solo trip at the end of June early July for around 2weeks. Starting at Harwich taking ferry to hook of Holland then down through Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Austria to Italy. The plan is just to get to the Med. Is it worth heading back a similar route, or heading down the coast into France and coming back up that way? Appreciate any advice or recommendations. I'll have a tent but happy to B&B or camp. Hot tubs would be a bonus to soothe tired muscles (and a saddle sore bum)! Thanks, B x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *errymanxxxMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Hi,sounds like a good trip,no filtering in Belgium’s traffic,Swiss are fussy about exhaust noise ,Austria needs a permit,yes why not return via France,

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Hi,sounds like a good trip,no filtering in Belgium’s traffic,Swiss are fussy about exhaust noise ,Austria needs a permit,yes why not return via France,"

Thanks for the reply and the advice. I've also heard about huge fines for speeding in Switzerland too!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes, careful in Switzerland. I go most years and have been fined twice for just exceeding the limit 85 in an 80 and 54 in a 50).

France is also very strict!!

You are covering quite a lot of ground but all is possibe.

Plenty of Facebook groups out there with advice also check out MyRouteApp as plenty of freely available routes and advice.

Have a good time

» Add a new message to this topic