FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Irish Bikers, North and South

Irish Bikers, North and South

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

There's a lot and met a few and chatted to quite a few on forums and in odd Kik group too.

For many the season isn't far away and you'll be hankering to get things oiled and serviced and planning on some road trips soon. There's others who just can't get off them and keep going as if it's their last ride.

I'd be interested in hearing from you all, when you first got your leg over, what was it and what you think is the best road in Ireland that you've ridden.

I'll start it off.

Fantic Caballero 125 at 17 and had her 3 years. Fun fun fun bike.

Best road is hard as there are so many on this island that can qualify, and I'm going to suggest my two favourites, both for similar reasons.

1. Dingle to Lisdoonvarna, south west coast. It’s only about 8km from the town of Dingle to the top of the Conor Pass, but what an amazing ride a fairly narrow road, that snakes its way up with cliff faces on one side and steep drops to the lakes below on the other side gets even more narrow and twisty down the other side. The rest is a beautiful ride along the coast and magnificent cliff top views, then you have the magic of the Burden.

2. North east coastal road on the other diagonally opposed corner of the Island. This road offers the biker all aspects of riding hugging the coast from Larne to Portrush. Magnificent views, of glens on one side and the North Sea on the other. Twisties, open straights, tree covered lanes and cliff tops.

Some great stop offs along both, and on a sunny day there will be many fellow bikers particularly along the North Antrim coast.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *frrider_ukMan  over a year ago

Hanleyish

I would have to agree with you on the North Antrim coastal road,I have ridden it many times over the years. Ride it fast or slow there is something for everyone.....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My first bike was a suzuki ts125er for the fields, and I bloody lost my licence once,riding the antrim coast road lol.

"I would have to agree with you on the North Antrim coastal road,I have ridden it many times over the years. Ride it fast or slow there is something for everyone....."

It's the road I'll always take visiting friends along no matter the weather. As you say fast or slow. There's also so many great detours to do on the return that you wonder if it's the same road you rode on earlier.

Never get tired of it and I've ridden in over 15 years now.

"My first bike was a suzuki ts125er for the fields, and I bloody lost my licence once,riding the antrim coast road lol. "

Always good memories.

Well the Irish bikers are certainly not selling themselves on here.

I've said it before and I'll say it again there is hardly any chat from bikers in the bikers chat.

"I've said it before and I'll say it again there is hardly any chat from bikers in the bikers chat. "

The UK ones do.

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"I've said it before and I'll say it again there is hardly any chat from bikers in the bikers chat.

The UK ones do. "

We do ok over here on this forum. We are the couple who got this forum on fab up and running and so glad we did. Optimism is the way forward as there's far to much negativity in the world. On a positive, we loved our tour of Ireland a few years ago. We got off the ferry and our very first anything of Ireland was riding the Antrim Coastal Route to Port Rush. What a road that was. People from North to South are amazing.

"I've said it before and I'll say it again there is hardly any chat from bikers in the bikers chat.

The UK ones do.

We do ok over here on this forum. We are the couple who got this forum on fab up and running and so glad we did. Optimism is the way forward as there's far to much negativity in the world. On a positive, we loved our tour of Ireland a few years ago. We got off the ferry and our very first anything of Ireland was riding the Antrim Coastal Route to Port Rush. What a road that was. People from North to South are amazing. "

Yes I know. I was there too championing the need for a bikers forum with you. It is good and there's a great community over here, but you'll find most are cagey when it comes to the forums. Not sure if it's to do with being easily identified with the bike or what it is. There's also quite a few lady bikers over here, but few will say it openly on forums for fear of being swamped even more.

I see you guys are heading to both TT and Manx this year. I'm heading to Killarney, Enniskillen, Sherries, waterford and a few others here plus a few UK one and two over in Europe this year.

I was glad to see a bike fourm when I discovered all the forums on here and I am all for it. I love my bikes and love the road racing and good to see there are folk on here the same, but aye threads would be days, weeks without comments only recently the top few have been more avtive

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

The UK ones do.

We do ok over here on this forum. We are the couple who got this forum on fab up and running and so glad we did. Optimism is the way forward as there's far to much negativity in the world. On a positive, we loved our tour of Ireland a few years ago. We got off the ferry and our very first anything of Ireland was riding the Antrim Coastal Route to Port Rush. What a road that was. People from North to South are amazing.

Yes I know. I was there too championing the need for a bikers forum with you. It is good and there's a great community over here, but you'll find most are cagey when it comes to the forums. Not sure if it's to do with being easily identified with the bike or what it is. There's also quite a few lady bikers over here, but few will say it openly on forums for fear of being swamped even more.

I see you guys are heading to both TT and Manx this year. I'm heading to Killarney, Enniskillen, Sherries, waterford and a few others here plus a few UK one and two over in Europe this year."

Been going to TT for over 20 years missed 3 in that time, now started to go to Manx every year too. You have a busy itinerary

» Add a new message to this topic