FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Norton

Norton

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atcpl OP   Couple  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

I see Norton have gone into liquidation. Sad to see as the bikes look absolutely gorgeous - sex on 2 wheels!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"I see Norton have gone into liquidation. Sad to see as the bikes look absolutely gorgeous - sex on 2 wheels! "

Someone told me this was going to happen 2 weekends ago. We thought it was twash. Their bikes @ TT are awesome. McGuiness rode one last year. Let's hope someone comes in and saves them. Mind the prices of their machines put a lot out of their market.

By *atcpl OP   Couple  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

"I see Norton have gone into liquidation. Sad to see as the bikes look absolutely gorgeous - sex on 2 wheels!

Someone told me this was going to happen 2 weekends ago. We thought it was twash. Their bikes @ TT are awesome. McGuiness rode one last year. Let's hope someone comes in and saves them. Mind the prices of their machines put a lot out of their market. "

Yes agreed - I would have loved one but hard to justify the price when there are better machines for less money - I think the fact they were building them in a stately home had something to do with the prices they were charging!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They have owed my mate money for ages and kept giving him bikes instead of paying the bills. Once he said enough and wanted the money they had to pay him and then couldn’t pay the tax bill.

By *ableboyMan  over a year ago

Stockton

Writing was on the wall with them from the get go. You dont try and build a product like that in an office with the desks pulled out with a halfords tool kit. The guy bought a badge and tried to make it work but was too fixated by going to the TT. Mate of mine raced it there a while back n said it was sketchy at best. Saw the super bike they had at NEC that they said was done, the engine they reckoned was finished was a shell with used pipes on to make it look like it worked.

Sad to see but couldn't see it going any other way to be honest...not even going to mention the financials....

By *ugyukMan  over a year ago

EDINBURGH

least the boy got off his arse n made a go of it...

im no disputin how it was ran n how its ended up

aw am sayin is..it mighta worked !!

at least he tried...which is a lot more than us armchair critics have done

By *icksfocusMan  over a year ago

Pontefract

I remember test riding a norton 961 commando at the classic bike weekend at Donington park in 2013, felt at the time that it was a nice bike. BUT massively overpriced for how it felt when riding it. As said at least he got off his arse and had a go

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

They are now talking pension pot discrepancies, It would appear housed a known fraudster to manage staff pensions & he then invested it all in guess who?

If true whether he “Had a ho” or not he needs to do time!!

Oh & apparently McPint hasn’t been paid yet for the TT ride...

Rumours abound around Norton always have, I have a couple of mates who are brothers & ordered their bikes at the same time. One got his a month ago. The other gets to lose his substantial deposit.. Nice...

S

Pontefract

More news about Norton this week. I didn’t know that he also destroyed the spondon company. For any that have never heard of spondon they built awesome motorcycle frames. So that is two famous british marques he has destroyed

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"More news about Norton this week. I didn’t know that he also destroyed the spondon company. For any that have never heard of spondon they built awesome motorcycle frames. So that is two famous british marques he has destroyed "

He’s wrecked lives. It’s even worse when you read they was very close family friends to begin with. John Hogan has done good work so far.

Pontefract

"More news about Norton this week. I didn’t know that he also destroyed the spondon company. For any that have never heard of spondon they built awesome motorcycle frames. So that is two famous british marques he has destroyed

He’s wrecked lives. It’s even worse when you read they was very close family friends to begin with. John Hogan has done good work so far. "

Yes he has and there are more instalments to come

By *outhessex14Man  over a year ago

basildon

Feel sorry for the Employees,Stuart Garner needs to see a jail cell

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

Norton was given subsidies and he even went out on government trade visits abroad to help drum up trade for great Britain. Subsidies all disappeared, but hey ho he does now have some lovely sports cars on his drive as Norton Ltd is in the hands of administrators

By *ewkeencoupleCouple  over a year ago

Richmond

His Hotel at Donnington has gone tits up as well, but his villa in South of France is all safe so that’s good........

By *adboyandgirlCouple  over a year ago

Louth/M1

"least the boy got off his arse n made a go of it...

im no disputin how it was ran n how its ended up

aw am sayin is..it mighta worked !!

at least he tried...which is a lot more than us armchair critics have done "

You'd do well to get out of your armchair and do some reading.. he defrauded many ppl right from the get go... turned a very respected brand to ash, not Norton! that was just a badge! Its thought he will end up behind bars and it wont come a day too soon...

» Add a new message to this topic