FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > A little help

A little help

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lueEyedWolf OP   Man  over a year ago

Hemel Hempstead

Hey everyone, I'm looking to get a bike in a week or two and was wondering if I could get a little help on where to go in and around Hertfordshire or best to stick to the private sellers.

I will have about 1500 tops and looking for something above 300cc but don't need anymore than 650cc.

Last bike was a Sv650 2017 but had to sell it when I moved towards Hertfordshire and been itching to get back on the road for nearly 4 months.

Any advice and help is appreciated.

Ride safe

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

Are you looking for a sports bike or something more upright.

Plenty 600s out there to choose from.

Hemel Hempstead

More used to upright street bikes/commuters but open to ideas.

Just wondering where the best second hand places are to browse or if it's even worth it.

By *icksfocusMan  over a year ago

Pontefract

Gumtree and e bay are best places to find good bikes, Bandits are a good bike, or maybe another Sv

By *uckcherryCouple  over a year ago

hull

There's a few on auto trader your way. Bandit 650 is a good bike, should be able to get a decent one for around £1500.

Hemel Hempstead

Thanks all pretty much what I was thinking. Was hoping there were decent second hand dealers.

Just can't wait to pull down the visor and go.

By *1984Man  over a year ago

NW London

You probably had the right idea before with the SV, only other idea I’d suggest is to save up a little longer and get a Street Triple 675 ..as far as agile/nippy/fun nakeds go they’re hard to beat. Borrowed my ex’s one for a 20min blat down some lanes and I was amazed at its overall feel/response. They start at around £4k..

Hemel Hempstead

That has always been the bike I want, to me their gorgeous and yeah fun to ride but yeah probably a bandit, sv or hornet are the likely choices plus their keepers to personalise in time while saving for that street triple

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Love the SV650. I'm not keen on 4 cylinder bikes below 750cc they seem very screamy, what about a triumph Street triple or a Thruxton twin ?

Hemel Hempstead

Adore the street triple but have a budget unfortunately. Just need something to get me back on the road.

I've got a fazer and a zzr

Both lovely bikes and great budget bikes, the fazers are proper workhorses as well as having lots of opportunity to modify fairly easy, my pal has the sv650 and a gxr for track days, he like me learned on a fazer its a great mix for touring and fairly sporty, just check for sprocket nut issues in older models otherwise your fine. I was going to sell mine but can't bring myself to so she's my project bike and the zzr for playing with the now and looking to get finance for a versa in the coming months

Hemel Hempstead

Wow, nice. Agree with keeping the project bike. I learnt on a bandit and had the newer sv650. A Fazer was up there aswell to be fair especially the sexy underseat exhaust

Hemel Hempstead

Update, got the sv650s and loving it. Just need the good weather to hurry up lol.

"Update, got the sv650s and loving it. Just need the good weather to hurry up lol."

Nice one I'm sure you will have lots of fun with it, who needs good weather I learned in the worst of the worst so happy to get out regardless, probably taking the zzr out a run tomorrow and moving him to his new digs at some point

Hemel Hempstead

Oh I don't mind the weather used to it really. Just more fun to push it in better conditions.

Honestly looking for an excuse to go somewhere for a trip lol

» Add a new message to this topic