FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Leave the bike in the garage

Leave the bike in the garage

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

For God's sake you lot who are going on or organising group rides and meets,Ffs catch yourself on and wise up. We all love bikes and love getting out on them and if you must go out just go on your own.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ariemike11Couple  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

Can’t argue with that!

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

This is the best time to get them stripped and cleaned properly.

I'm wishing I had bought a sandblast cabinet as the amount of stuff I could have cleaned with it is rapidly growing.

By *evoncream2017Couple  over a year ago

exeter

Sorn the bikes. Gutted. But let’s be sensible.

It’s not the time for bikes

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just to clarify ...After years of trying to persuade the authorities that motorcycles are not dangerous are we now accepting that they are ?

Mine won't be moving for a while

"Mine won't be moving for a while "

"Sorn the bikes. Gutted. But let’s be sensible.

It’s not the time for bikes "

"This is the best time to get them stripped and cleaned properly.

I'm wishing I had bought a sandblast cabinet as the amount of stuff I could have cleaned with it is rapidly growing.

I have just went through mine, a full service, new discs and pads front and rear, new rear shock, new battery and powdercoated the wheels. Just my tank seat hump is stuck at the painters.

"

"Just to clarify ...After years of trying to persuade the authorities that motorcycles are not dangerous are we now accepting that they are ? "

Motorcycles aren't dangerous. When motorcycles crash, it's never into other motorcycles. it's always some arsehole in a car not paying attention who crash into us. It's the car drivers that are dangerous... Not the motorcycles..

The Missenden Flyer made a great comment on one of his latest videos on YouTube saying if you are out riding and crash you are overloading an already stretched NHS. I will still use my bike for commuting ( Utilities Key Worker ) but have knocked the fun rides in the head.

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

Ours were going to be taxed end of the month but that's now on hold like everything else, we are saving a fortune with everything that has been cancelled

[Removed by poster at 27/03/20 23:17:07]

"Just to clarify ...After years of trying to persuade the authorities that motorcycles are not dangerous are we now accepting that they are ?

Motorcycles aren't dangerous. When motorcycles crash, it's never into other motorcycles. it's always some arsehole in a car not paying attention who crash into us. It's the car drivers that are dangerous... Not the motorcycles.."

Ive crashed many times into other motorcycles on a motorcycle ! How can you say that .. and ive known others who have ... ploughing into the back of your mate is a legendry biker tale ...

Of all the accidents , get offs ,crashes ive had i would say 80% have been my fault ... And its a very long career riding bikes , ...The trick i believe is to be able to hold your hands up and admit its not always someone elses fault .. The trick also i believe to ride accordingly .. if i have to go out during this period then i will use the bike whenever i can .. knowing that health care is at a stretch so maybe have a double look before pulling out . A good old look over the shoulder . Keep the speeds down not to many wheelies , that sort of thing .. your right " motorcycles are not dangerous , but we can be ,the riders

"Just to clarify ...After years of trying to persuade the authorities that motorcycles are not dangerous are we now accepting that they are ?

Motorcycles aren't dangerous. When motorcycles crash, it's never into other motorcycles. it's always some arsehole in a car not paying attention who crash into us. It's the car drivers that are dangerous... Not the motorcycles..

Ive crashed many times into other motorcycles on a motorcycle ! How can you say that .. and ive known others who have ... ploughing into the back of your mate is a legendry biker tale ...

Of all the accidents , get offs ,crashes ive had i would say 80% have been my fault ... And its a very long career riding bikes , ...The trick i believe is to be able to hold your hands up and admit its not always someone elses fault .. The trick also i believe to ride accordingly .. if i have to go out during this period then i will use the bike whenever i can .. knowing that health care is at a stretch so maybe have a double look before pulling out . A good old look over the shoulder . Keep the speeds down not to many wheelies , that sort of thing .. your right " motorcycles are not dangerous , but we can be ,the riders "

Wow, let me know when you are out on your bike, I’ll leave mine at home and do my journey in my Landrover.

Of all the accidents , get offs ,crashes ive had i would say 80% have been my fault ... And its a very long career riding bikes , ...The trick i believe is to be able to hold your hands up and admit its not always someone elses fault .. The trick also i believe to ride accordingly .. if i have to go out during this period then i will use the bike whenever i can .. knowing that health care is at a stretch so maybe have a double look before pulling out . A good old look over the shoulder . Keep the speeds down not to many wheelies , that sort of thing .. your right " motorcycles are not dangerous , but we can be ,the riders

Wow, let me know when you are out on your bike, I’ll leave mine at home and do my journey in my Landrover. "

Looks like your Landy is gonna clock the miles up .. im on the bike everyday

I can’t can I? It’s like a drug, I’m a relatively new “ legal” rider and I even look forward to going into work now because of the ride in, and home. It’s ten miles from home to work, and on my daily commute I can rack up 70/80 miles.

By *icple4u2Couple  over a year ago

Teesside

Tax and insurance both due in April, no point in forking out for them until we get the all clear so sadly I'll be sorning mine, let's hope it won't be too long before we can all resume doing the things we enjoy

"Tax and insurance both due in April, no point in forking out for them until we get the all clear so sadly I'll be sorning mine, let's hope it won't be too long before we can all resume doing the things we enjoy "

I’m keeping my 600 Bandit and car taxed, but going to sorn my other toys as I think it will be September till things settle down.

"I can’t can I? It’s like a drug, I’m a relatively new “ legal” rider and I even look forward to going into work now because of the ride in, and home. It’s ten miles from home to work, and on my daily commute I can rack up 70/80 miles. "

Of all the accidents , get offs ,crashes ive had i would say 80% have been my fault ... And its a very long career riding bikes , ...The trick i believe is to be able to hold your hands up and admit its not always someone elses fault .. The trick also i believe to ride accordingly .. if i have to go out during this period then i will use the bike whenever i can .. knowing that health care is at a stretch so maybe have a double look before pulling out . A good old look over the shoulder . Keep the speeds down not to many wheelies , that sort of thing .. your right " motorcycles are not dangerous , but we can be ,the riders "

Thank fuck I'm not your mate then... and if you've had that many crashes. Maybe you should stay off the road. You're clearly a danger to other bikers..

Thank fuck I'm not your mate then... and if you've had that many crashes. Maybe you should stay off the road. You're clearly a danger to other bikers.. "

I can imagine you and i would not be mates , 100% that

By *magine all the peopleCouple  over a year ago

Perth

[Removed by poster at 28/03/20 22:57:01]

Perth

Thank fuck I'm not your mate then... and if you've had that many crashes. Maybe you should stay off the road. You're clearly a danger to other bikers.. "

I'm with ruthruby on this. Been riding since 16, dispatched in France and the UK, and still use my bike a lot. I've had more than my fair share of accidents. Almost ALL of them my fault, at least in part. Mainly due to not anticipating other drivers making mistakes, or speed.

Nothing worse than a biker who blames everyone else for their prangs.

Stay safe.

Awww. You 2 will make a lovely couple. Best of luck to you both. Hope it works out..

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

Motorcycles aren't dangerous. When motorcycles crash, it's never into other motorcycles. it's always some arsehole in a car not paying attention who crash into us. It's the car drivers that are dangerous... Not the motorcycles.."

Never this, always that.

Very definitive words. Have you evidence?

Always a victim too?

By *dglasgow30TV/TS  over a year ago

glasgow

Feck just stay off the fecking road. Accidents happen and you clear are a accident.

By *dglasgow30TV/TS  over a year ago

glasgow

This is why insurances are so expensive. Yea we all have the wee accident . Learn from it, but when your saying you have had multiple and your 80% of them then give it up before you kill someone.

You need to hang your keys up. Bikings not for you

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Malmesbury/Larkhill

"This is the best time to get them stripped and cleaned properly.

"

Make on yourself. Saw some stuff on line and some looked quite easy - would be a good project.

I’m making pannier frames for my MT350. Once the lockdown is over Im off camping on the bike, finding a decent spot in the middle of nowhere, grilling a steak on an open fire and having a beer or two.

Thank fuck I'm not your mate then... and if you've had that many crashes. Maybe you should stay off the road. You're clearly a danger to other bikers..

I'm with ruthruby on this. Been riding since 16, dispatched in France and the UK, and still use my bike a lot. I've had more than my fair share of accidents. Almost ALL of them my fault, at least in part. Mainly due to not anticipating other drivers making mistakes, or speed.

Stay safe."

Remind me. To avoid bikers from Perth to be on the safe side of not accidently bumping into you, or you bumping into me more so !

I'll stick to my parachute rolls in carpark

34yrs a sports biker with 3 accidents and yes I do ride fast. 2 my fault (tank slapper and bad corner position) plus one the dumb ass 4x4 driving Aussie when I lived there.

If your riding with the attitude that says "oh well shit happens..." and your admitting it's your fault then your fatalities waiting to happen.

Ride'em long enough and your gonna loose mates to accidents, I'm sure we all been to one to many funerals.

I can tell by the flippant attitudes what type of riders you must be.

Have some pride in how you ride a learn by the mistakes that your admitting to making.

If you cant keep up without spills I wouldn't ride with you either...

Perth

Stay safe.

Remind me. To avoid bikers from Perth to be on the safe side of not accidently bumping into you, or you bumping into me more so !

I'll stick to my parachute rolls in carpark "

Well, after five years dispatching in Glasgow in the 1980s, you're bound to meet folk like me on a motorbike given you live there or thereabouts. I still ride, still make mistakes 35 years on, and all I'm saying is don't blame others for your mistakes.

If you crash because you were speeding, or misjudging some other drivers stupidity, then it's partly your fault.

I prefer to ride alone (with Louise on the back) because I don't get the dick swinging that goes with shiny new bikers, or power ranger racers, so don't worry about bumping into me / us.

Just ride solo. Never had any mishaps that were my fault in 32 years of riding

You need to hang your keys up. Bikings not for you"

Agreed

I can imagine you and i would not be mates , 100% that "

I'm away to cry into my pillow. You hurt my feelings..

Never this, always that.

Always a victim too?"

Having read this thread again, I will amend my thoughts on this matter. Apparently there are bikers in the world who boast about the amount of crashes they have had, and others who seem quite proud of the crashes they have caused by ploughing into the back of their mates. Apparently it's a legendary biker tale?? Not for me tho. I think these people are morons who shouldn't be riding bikes. In fact probably shouldn't even be driving cars if that's the attitude they hold about other road users safety. I have had 1 accident in my biking life. A van hit me because he "sorry mate, I didnt see you" to these bikers I'm referring to. Please dont come to scotland, and those that are already here, when ever you are heading out, please let me know where you are going to, just so I can avoid that area and avoid being cought up in your "accident" thanks.

not wanting to start an argument here but we're I stay and quote it needs to be said about some motorbikes they seem to think the road is race track the paramedic I know drebs the summer

By *adboyandgirlCouple  over a year ago

Louth/M1

"Awww. You 2 will make a lovely couple. Best of luck to you both. Hope it works out.."

By *adboyandgirlCouple  over a year ago

Louth/M1

Never this, always that.

Always a victim too?

Having read this thread again, I will amend my thoughts on this matter. Apparently there are bikers in the world who boast about the amount of crashes they have had, and others who seem quite proud of the crashes they have caused by ploughing into the back of their mates. Apparently it's a legendary biker tale?? Not for me tho. I think these people are morons who shouldn't be riding bikes. In fact probably shouldn't even be driving cars if that's the attitude they hold about other road users safety. I have had 1 accident in my biking life. A van hit me because he "sorry mate, I didnt see you" to these bikers I'm referring to. Please dont come to scotland, and those that are already here, when ever you are heading out, please let me know where you are going to, just so I can avoid that area and avoid being cought up in your "accident" thanks."

My ZZR1100 is still on the road (purely for commuting the once or twice a week I'm required on site as an MOD key worker) but the toys are well un truly tucked away and probably won't get taxed or tested this year.

"34yrs a sports biker with 3 accidents and yes I do ride fast. 2 my fault (tank slapper and bad corner position) plus one the dumb ass 4x4 driving Aussie when I lived there.

If your riding with the attitude that says "oh well shit happens..." and your admitting it's your fault then your fatalities waiting to happen.

Ride'em long enough and your gonna loose mates to accidents, I'm sure we all been to one to many funerals.

I can tell by the flippant attitudes what type of riders you must be.

Have some pride in how you ride a learn by the mistakes that your admitting to making.

If you cant keep up without spills I wouldn't ride with you either...

"

A Sports Biker ? You race then ?;

Bit confused as to your post . In one breath your admitting 2 out of 3 accidents have been your fault . And then go on to say anyone who admits an accident is their fault is a fatality waiting to happen ...so which one are you

I'm away to cry into my pillow. You hurt my feelings.."

Make sure you put your head down gently into that pillow , hate to think you might give yourself a nasty bump

Stay safe."

Youve got miles under your belt and a realistic approach that couriers get from working the job if you are in it for any lenth of time ...I worked London for a number of years ..

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Obviously the lack of bike usage has got us at each others throats.

Some intresting comments, but the reality is it's just each individual's perception of how they ride and how they feel.

Not an accurate representation of what is going on out on the road and can't be as conditions change constantly.

Being a minority out on the road we tend to have a universal understanding of each other and the road.

From the comments here its turning into a "I'm right, your wrong" type of thread.

Make sure you put your head down gently into that pillow , hate to think you might give yourself a nasty bump "

I'll wear my helmet, just to be safe..

Make sure you put your head down gently into that pillow , hate to think you might give yourself a nasty bump

I'll wear my helmet, just to be safe.. "

I'll get the strap on ready

I have been cleaning my

Leathers for the big bike ride, stay in people

By *J GeminiTV/TS  over a year ago

Northumberland

The Zs in the garage and that's where it's staying for now,

Xx

I'll be riding mine to work this week not much traffic and lovely weather otherwise it'll sit under a cover while im not working, which is hard as its a beautiful day today and I'd be at my fave biker cafe

By *ouble_The_DelightCouple  over a year ago

Wakefield

We have SORN our 3 bikes until lockdown is over.

By *ess n BenCouple  over a year ago

Didcot

If you must go for a fun ride just carry a disclaimer with you stating in the event of me having an accident I waive my right to having any help from the ambulance service and any treatment in A&E so I am not taking any NHS personal away from more important duties like looking after people dying from corona virus

Durham

"If you must go for a fun ride just carry a disclaimer with you stating in the event of me having an accident I waive my right to having any help from the ambulance service and any treatment in A&E so I am not taking any NHS personal away from more important duties like looking after people dying from corona virus "

You will never convince STUPID people from going out. Just selfish, then they stand and clap in support. Hypocrites

"If you must go for a fun ride just carry a disclaimer with you stating in the event of me having an accident I waive my right to having any help from the ambulance service and any treatment in A&E so I am not taking any NHS personal away from more important duties like looking after people dying from corona virus "

Should car drivers do the same thing then if they get into a car crash?? The NHS is for everyone...

May I just add,

I have not ridden my bike since we went into lockdown. And have only left the house for essential shopping and excersize.. so I dont want any comments calling me selfish.

May I also add

My partners works frontline for the NHS and I have ALWAYS been proud of her, not just this past month like most of you people who are just jumping on the "thank you" bandwagon..

I thought the message from the government is simple. Stay at home, protect the nhs, save lives.

Totally get those key workers doing the essential journey to get to work and back.

Surely no one is riding for pleasure at the moment.

My bikes are tucked up in the garage

"I thought the message from the government is simple. Stay at home, protect the nhs, save lives.

Totally get those key workers doing the essential journey to get to work and back.

Surely no one is riding for pleasure at the moment.

My bikes are tucked up in the garage "

Unfortunately mate I feel there still are people out thinking I'm on my own not bothering anyone. But if they where to come of for whatever reason then where will they end up. All the doctors, nurses, key workers are putting themselves and there families at risk to keep us safe, least we can do is hang the keys up. Sorry rant over lol.

Daft bit is .... it shouldn't need a rant ....

By *ess n BenCouple  over a year ago

Didcot

"If you must go for a fun ride just carry a disclaimer with you stating in the event of me having an accident I waive my right to having any help from the ambulance service and any treatment in A&E so I am not taking any NHS personal away from more important duties like looking after people dying from corona virus

Should car drivers do the same thing then if they get into a car crash?? The NHS is for everyone...

May I just add,

I have not ridden my bike since we went into lockdown. And have only left the house for essential shopping and excersize.. so I dont want any comments calling me selfish.

May I also add

My partners works frontline for the NHS and I have ALWAYS been proud of her, not just this past month like most of you people who are just jumping on the "thank you" bandwagon.. "

Yes same applies to car drivers if they are only using the car for non essential journeys

Just for you information my daughter is a critical care nurse (very front line) so I don’t need a lecture about jumping on the band wagon

Got my forks in bits. But now I have the steering in bits too lol

Durham

"I have been cleaning my

Leathers for the big bike ride, stay in people "

Great advice. But unfortunately there are people in this world who have no respect for anyone including the NHS and do keep going out as much as they can for rides out.

"Just to clarify ...After years of trying to persuade the authorities that motorcycles are not dangerous are we now accepting that they are ? "

If motorcycles didn't have a hint of danger most of us wouldn't want them, but couldn't agree more now isn't the time to be enjoying them

So what about the Romanians, Syrians, Iraqis and all other immigrants straining the emergency services, ride everyday people

Falkirk

"So what about the Romanians, Syrians, Iraqis and all other immigrants straining the emergency services, ride everyday people"

What have they got to do with staying off the roads until the curfew has been lifted.

Stop trying to turn it into a political post to justify your own actions.

Durham

[Removed by poster at 23/04/20 20:29:42]

Durham

"So what about the Romanians, Syrians, Iraqis and all other immigrants straining the emergency services, ride everyday people"

the little green arrow next to your user name shows how much you are winding everyone up, you can't even stick to your own advice. We see a troll

Lol, live to ride, I don't clap for no one...Its a job you get paid so do it!

Not political just realistic, out on the bike whatever, you know what they said about Fs riding bikes.....they all have floppy ears

Falkirk

[Removed by poster at 24/04/20 07:28:56]

Falkirk

"Lol, live to ride, I don't clap for no one...Its a job you get paid so do it!

Not political just realistic, out on the bike whatever, you know what they said about Fs riding bikes.....they all have floppy ears "

Wrong

Got mine in bits, bit of an upgrade on the suspension and steering

New taper roller bearings for the steering and new adjustable forks, mmmmmmmm sexy !??

By *B1000Couple  over a year ago

North Lakes and Manchester

FFS Once again a thread where bikers end up criticising each other, seriously there’s enough out there doing that for us!! Stick together, stay safe, and ride according to conditions which in this case is for essential journeys eg commuting and shopping, I’ve tried to justify it as daily exercise but I just can’t

Falkirk

Unfortunately some people are stupid enough to post what they are doing during the lockdown on an open forum.

If your going to go for a blast why tell several thousand strangers on a swinging site you are openly breaking the rules?

I suppose it can be put down to attention seeking and a little bit of desperation.

Falkirk

"Got mine in bits, bit of an upgrade on the suspension and steering

New taper roller bearings for the steering and new adjustable forks, mmmmmmmm sexy !??"

What are you building?

Falkirk

"Unfortunately some people are stupid enough to post what they are doing during the lockdown on an open forum.

If your going to go for a blast why tell several thousand strangers on a swinging site you are openly breaking the rules?

I suppose it can be put down to attention seeking and a little bit of desperation.

"

I will agree with you on that one.

On another note I got a letter this morning asking me to do Jury Duty on the 13th of May.

I've phoned the court to confirm and they seem to think it will go ahead as planned.

They also stated I would receive a letter if there it is postponed to a later date.

Is that a sign that things are slowly opening back up again.

New taper roller bearings for the steering and new adjustable forks, mmmmmmmm sexy !??

What are you building? "

It's a Ducati monster, just didn't handle when I started going quick so had it in bits to see what's wrong and upgrade while it's in bits

I've been out 3 times in about 5 weeks prescriotion pick up, and two shopping trips with a wee extra 10mile detour taking the scene route rather than direct through the town

Falkirk

What are you building?

It's a Ducati monster, just didn't handle when I started going quick so had it in bits to see what's wrong and upgrade while it's in bits"

I always wanted a 1st generation monster 600 with the single front disk brake.

There is a site called Duccutters and they do some really nice stuff which would make it look amazing.

Well said, nice to here someone with understanding and not biased opinion

Well said

"FFS Once again a thread where bikers end up criticising each other, seriously there’s enough out there doing that for us!! Stick together, stay safe, and ride according to conditions which in this case is for essential journeys eg commuting and shopping, I’ve tried to justify it as daily exercise but I just can’t "

People must be cracking under the pressure as I'm hearing more bikes at the weekend and some deserve criticism its difficult to defend bikers when there are a minority that ride like twats.

A post came up on my Facebook over last weekend of some dashcam footage on a road I have been down countless times, it's a short bendy roller-coaster stretch all double white lines.

Two bikes one with a child on the back weaving past the traffic over the white lines on blind bends causing the oncoming traffic to brake to avoid them

I was passed on the way home today by three bikes obviously out for a blast up some twisty roads near my house.

My bike is still under a cover I use to go to work sometimes but apart from that it hasn't moved, I do sometimes think why I bother obeying the lockdown when others don't give a shit

"FFS Once again a thread where bikers end up criticising each other, seriously there’s enough out there doing that for us!! Stick together, stay safe, and ride according to conditions which in this case is for essential journeys eg commuting and shopping, I’ve tried to justify it as daily exercise but I just can’t

People must be cracking under the pressure as I'm hearing more bikes at the weekend and some deserve criticism its difficult to defend bikers when there are a minority that ride like twats.

A post came up on my Facebook over last weekend of some dashcam footage on a road I have been down countless times, it's a short bendy roller-coaster stretch all double white lines.

Two bikes one with a child on the back weaving past the traffic over the white lines on blind bends causing the oncoming traffic to brake to avoid them

I was passed on the way home today by three bikes obviously out for a blast up some twisty roads near my house.

My bike is still under a cover I use to go to work sometimes but apart from that it hasn't moved, I do sometimes think why I bother obeying the lockdown when others don't give a shit "

My bike has only left the garage to me cleaned and back in and cover on. It is killing me not being out on it with this weather but it won't kill me leaving it alone. Whereas if I go out and come of for whatever reason then I will end up in hospital taking doctors and nurses away from saving folks lives that have the virus, and possibly end up with it myself. So just leave it at home unless it's your only form of transport

By *arleyfatboy2019Couple  over a year ago

exeter

Totally agree. The amount of bikes out today is really pissing me off . I’m trying to be sensible and so far have . As far as I’m concerned they should be stopped and the bikes seized until the lockdown is over. These people cannot justify their ride out. The more these pricks disregard the current situation the longer we’ll be in lockdown.

Please ... just bite the bullet for a couple of weeks, then maybe we can all get out .

I thank you.

By *scarwilde1330Couple  over a year ago

Warrington

Just been looking at most of these post

Personally i use my bike to commute to work, as mine has stayed open during this time

I miss tsking it out for a blast but have to be content commuting

So thoughts .... with the latest change in guidance from the government, what's the consensus on using the bike to get to an open space for exercise??

"So thoughts .... with the latest change in guidance from the government, what's the consensus on using the bike to get to an open space for exercise?? "

Those clampits don't know the arse from there elbow, constantly changing what they say plus depends where you live. England the only ones able to go and start spreading, catching the virus, still to soon I think.

Falkirk

"So thoughts .... with the latest change in guidance from the government, what's the consensus on using the bike to get to an open space for exercise?? "

It should be allowed. As long as you don't cross any of the borders.

Four hour ride to get there an hour exercise then four our ride back.

Keep social distancing to a minimum which you will do on a bike.

Guidelines are pretty vague, its totally down to the individual how they are interpreted.

Sadly, bike will be staying in...we still have to social distance and not much open anyway.. I'm trying to stay sensible, I've been on furlough since it started and desperate to get out, but it's the need of the many outway the need of the few! ??

Durham

"So thoughts .... with the latest change in guidance from the government, what's the consensus on using the bike to get to an open space for exercise??

It should be allowed. As long as you don't cross any of the borders.

Four hour ride to get there an hour exercise then four our ride back.

Keep social distancing to a minimum which you will do on a bike.

Guidelines are pretty vague, its totally down to the individual how they are interpreted."

Apparently you can now travel to a destination to exercise, sunbathe or have a picnic. Social distance must be adhered to. In essence non essential travel is now permitted as long as you return home to your residence the same day

No limit on distance as long as we don’t leave England, so blast up to Carter Bar, stop for a sarnie and do a U-turn lol

2 metres apart of course

"Sadly, bike will be staying in...we still have to social distance and not much open anyway.. I'm trying to stay sensible, I've been on furlough since it started and desperate to get out, but it's the need of the many outway the need of the few! ?? "

Well said I totally agree ??

mine will be out at the weekend. just bought a new bike and not been out yet. maybe a trip in the north yorkshire dales. loads of social distance then. topbox on sarnies and drinks in a secluded spot

By *ribsaMan  over a year ago

A box at end of your bed

I have been using my bike to get to and from work not far but it's getting me out on it.

For now don't think I will be going much further than work, as someone already said nothing open yet so what's the point.

Falkirk

"mine will be out at the weekend. just bought a new bike and not been out yet. maybe a trip in the north yorkshire dales. loads of social distance then. topbox on sarnies and drinks in a secluded spot"

What did you get?

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

I've been commuting to work every day by bike through lock down.

Really looking forward to going out for pleasure on the XJR this weekend. It won't be to a beauty spot or a place where crowds go. Stop eat a packed lunch and a nice ride home all on my own.

I have been commuting on mine when I can

I may go for a ride tomorrow as I finish early but as its been said nothings open so it'll be a 30 mile loop and straight back home.

My local biker cafe opens on the 18th but its not a cafe any more they have shut the toilets permanently and turned the cafe into a mini Market selling local produce they do do coffee and tea and ice cream but that's it, local police will patrolling the car park regularly dispersing people gathering in groups.

They say the drinks are for cyclists and walkers no mention of bikers at all ??

Or a lorry that pulls out on you completely unaware of the fact and keeps on driving...luckily he is now banned from driving and I have a shiny new bike to play with

By *hromosexualsCouple  over a year ago

Near Abercynon

We went out on both bikes yesterday evening for ride out in to the country, it was really nice to get out

By *uttyandbeeCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

"So what about the Romanians, Syrians, Iraqis and all other immigrants straining the emergency services, ride everyday people

the little green arrow next to your user name shows how much you are winding everyone up, you can't even stick to your own advice. We see a troll "

We see what you mean a bit of a Walter Mitty

Purchased a bike during the first lock down and put in straight in the garage,looking forward now to when all this blows over to take it out

By *hickinthewarmMan  over a year ago

Fife

It’s not the time for bikes "

Is it not? I use mine to travel the 40+ miles to work and back on a weekly basis.

By *othin 2 proveCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool

It’s not the time for bikes

Is it not? I use mine to travel the 40+ miles to work and back on a weekly basis. "

.........................................Not the time for bikes! That sounds dumb as hell to me as a full time biker. Should I start car sharing with the neighbours?

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

I'm just finishing work, peeing down with rain and blowing a gale.

It will be an interesting ride home.

By *artyanna16200TV/TS  over a year ago

leeds

Officer eh?telling us what to do and how to do it, social distancing is entirely possible while encountering other people you know, and awareness of the rules is not the same as breaking them! so please , save your surly public decrees for when your in uniform. I see your not overly keen on non binary folk either, which on its own would mean id avoid you like , the plague , however , on here , you have no authority over me, so take your orders and shove them. Sir!

By *artyanna16200TV/TS  over a year ago

leeds

So you have more than one form of transport i take it , or do you get the bus like everyone else! ,Thought not

By *ichi_acerMan  over a year ago

notts

Too cold for bike ?? it’s wrapped up next to a heater

» Add a new message to this topic