FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Camping > Motorbike wild camping

Motorbike wild camping

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Wasn't sure whether to post this in here or the motorbike section but i chose here as i am more interested in the camping than the bike used to go do it.

I have been thinking it would be good to be able to just jump on the bike and see where it takes me, find somewhere peaceful and remote, and set up camp for the night. Does anyone else do this and would you care to share you experiences and comment on the practicalities and any tips you may have?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *scarwilde1330Couple  over a year ago

Warrington

We use our motorbike a lot for camping

Like to go to Barmouth

There's a naturist campsite and beach

We go out on it whenever we can

"We use our motorbike a lot for camping

Like to go to Barmouth

There's a naturist campsite and beach

We go out on it whenever we can"

Sounds like a fun trip. How do you find carrying all your luggage? esp as there is two of you. I suppose going to a nudist spot means you dont have to take many clothes

I will have to find myself a small lightweight tent at least. Carrying water is also something to consider for me if i am wild camping. The weight will soon add up if im not careful

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’m an avid camper of 35 years plus, done the wild camping by foot and 4x4 over the years but last year passed my bike test and amongst other bikes got an ex army MT350 with the sole intention of camping and riding. I’ve fitted extra pannier frames to carry my stuff and can’t wait to go to Llyn Gwynant for my first trip.

By *genpeepsMan  over a year ago

Stockport

Hey!

I have done wild bike camping quite a bit and it is possible. I've even done it on a 125 with a tent,clothes, crate of beer, food and bbq!

The secret is to take essentials only and only do 2 nights max. Another tip is head to where your going then buy the food, water etc so you don't have to travel the full distance with everything. Better still set up camp and then go back out for bulky items.

I'd love to get back into it again. It's a great way to see the UK so if you want any company give us a shout!

By *hortstallionMan  over a year ago

leicester

Always limited to how much you can carry.bought a bike/side car,this makes life so much easier.room for a few comforts.??

I don’t have a bike but have a tent and would defo be up for wild camping

this sounds amazing

love riding

love camping

love the wild

will def be looking in to wild camping for the end of lockdown if not before...

By *lyn2000Man  over a year ago

london

I wanna do the biking camping thing.was looking at the inflatable tents so no poles

By *redwilma666Couple  over a year ago

Kilbirnie

I use a Pan European & I have a hooped bivvy tent, sleeping bag, inflatable mattress, full cooking set including gas cannister all in one pannier. This leaves the other pannier for clothes etc.

[Removed by poster at 23/06/20 16:43:28]

"I wanna do the biking camping thing.was looking at the inflatable tents so no poles"

This seems like a good solution, thanks.

"I use a Pan European & I have a hooped bivvy tent, sleeping bag, inflatable mattress, full cooking set including gas cannister all in one pannier. This leaves the other pannier for clothes etc."

Im surprised that a buvvy with poles fits into a pannier. Do you have a link please?

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

[Removed by poster at 23/06/20 19:14:40]

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"I use a Pan European & I have a hooped bivvy tent, sleeping bag, inflatable mattress, full cooking set including gas cannister all in one pannier. This leaves the other pannier for clothes etc."

We have toured Europe on our Pan European with a large 4 man tent purched on the top box. Cooking gear and kettle, air bed, clothes, fleece sleeping bag as its rather warm in July. All this in the 2 panniers and top box and two up on the bike. Its all in the planning and keeping stuff to the maximum and minimum

By *riumph bonnevilleMan  over a year ago

canterbury

Try a Dutch army hooped Bivi with single pole , or use a robens starlite one tent no condensation!!, German army folding kipmat, on top that inflatable mattress ,British army jungle sleeping bag,sea to summit pillow,........mar pocket rocket stove , small gas canister , lixada 650 titainium cup , lixada 900 titainium cup, fire steel trusses ready to go

"Try a Dutch army hooped Bivi with single pole , or use a robens starlite one tent no condensation!!, German army folding kipmat, on top that inflatable mattress ,British army jungle sleeping bag,sea to summit pillow,........mar pocket rocket stove , small gas canister , lixada 650 titainium cup , lixada 900 titainium cup, fire steel trusses ready to go"

Ive just had a look at the bivvy and the tent and they seem good.

Im not a fan of gas stoves. I have a coleman featherlite petrol stove, not the lightest but no gas cannister to run out or freeze up and can get fuel easily, esp if i am camping with the bike.

canterbury

Lixada wood gas stove is good , just started using bob crusader cook set with Trangia stove excellent piece of kit

"Lixada wood gas stove is good , just started using bob crusader cook set with Trangia stove excellent piece of kit"

I do prefer a real fire and like the look of the gassifier/rocket stoves. There are some excellent folding stoves too that pack away flat.

canterbury

Again the lixada folding box stove is good , I use one when tarp camping

"Again the lixada folding box stove is good , I use one when tarp camping"

Thanks, which model do you use?

By *G LanaTV/TS  over a year ago

Gosport

I get to the hike in point for virtually all my wild camps on my scooter the rest tend to be split a peddle powered trike and my inflatable catamaran kayak. The scooter has plenty of storage for either my bivy/tarp or hammock/tarp setups between the topbox and underseat storage but if I am transporting the kayak as well I end up with it strapped to the pillion seat.

By *ave3058Man  over a year ago

southampton & playa del ingles

Wild camping is brilliant I have done it on studland beach over the years just the odd night or two

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Celle, Germany

"I get to the hike in point for virtually all my wild camps on my scooter the rest tend to be split a peddle powered trike and my inflatable catamaran kayak. The scooter has plenty of storage for either my bivy/tarp or hammock/tarp setups between the topbox and underseat storage but if I am transporting the kayak as well I end up with it strapped to the pillion seat. "

Love this, so inspiring but... Where do you put the paddle?

By *G LanaTV/TS  over a year ago

Gosport

"Love this, so inspiring but... Where do you put the paddle?"

My slightly odd craft is a Kayacat (it can be used as a paddleboard and dingy as well) and came with a multi section, aluminium pole and plastic bladed paddle that breaks down into the storage bag.

» Add a new message to this topic