I would love to do this but wouldn’t have a clue where to start with it all

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *r politeguy OP   Man  over a year ago

coningsby

I have a camper so could go anywhere you wanted

By *uderichMan  over a year ago

swindon

You can wild camp legally in Scotland as long as you dont open any gates park without causing an obstruction and leave nothing but footprints

I have heard of a place in Herefordshire where a farmer has opened up an area of his farm for wild camping

By *callycatMan  over a year ago

Mid Wales

Just come back from another wild camp up in the mountains of Snowdonia.....real wild camping and backpacking expedition, not parking your van in a lay-by or sleeping in a farmers field. X

By *parky4gMan  over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

I’ve done a fair bit of proper wild camping

In the lakes and Yorkshire you stop and sleep when your tired and get going when you wake

I did Ulverston to Carlisle over 3 days wild camped every night

By *akedduo66Couple  over a year ago

Near Bordon

When we can get away we wild camp on Dartmoor.

Look it up and there's a map of where you can camp.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

All over the island.

By *Xtriple7Couple  over a year ago

Tried it once in a playing field just outside Hoddesdon.

Would love to spend Xmas day or new years in the Brecon beacons, Lake District or Scotland wild camping.

You’re welcome to wildcamp on my smallholding.

By *osineCouple  over a year ago

Weston-Super-Mare

I camped with an ex on the Black Mountains in Wales, absolutely beautiful. Woke up about 2 in the morning and was in a cloud so it didn't even look dark....

such a beautiful time

By *areToBe43Man  over a year ago

Surrey

Anyone have any advice on wild-camping in Dorset, specifically Studland Bay and the Isle Of Purbeck? Would love to give it a go over the summer if anyone has any decent suggestions...

By *allnlongMan  over a year ago

Plymouth

"When we can get away we wild camp on Dartmoor.

Look it up and there's a map of where you can camp. "

I am soo keen to try out Dartmoor, its a gorgeous area

Mid Wales

Heading for Snowdonia again this week for a walk and overnight wild camp. Fit and friendly company always welcome to join me x

By *ale_seeking_funMan  over a year ago

reading

"When we can get away we wild camp on Dartmoor.

Look it up and there's a map of where you can camp. "

Some lovely areas there to wild camp. I took my son last year and woke in the night as I often do, went outside and saw the Milky Way for the first time (other than in photos) was so enthralled I forgot to take any pics

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Isnt wild camping illegal in the UK except in Scotland?

Plymouth

"Isnt wild camping illegal in the UK except in Scotland?"

Legal and encouraged in the designated areas of Dartmoor

By *G LanaTV/TS  over a year ago

Gosport

Its also normally legal on private land as long as the campers use tents and have the land owners permission.

As far as I understand it, unless there are further convenants on the land, the land owner can permit upto 28 days camping (in tents) in any 12 months. If they want to have more days camping on the site then planning permission would be needed. There are also further requirements of obtaining a camping licence if you want to have campers on site for either more than 60 days in any 12 months or periods of longer than 42 consecutive days with campers on site with some exceptions to licencing requirements for campers from certain organistations such as the Scouts which have a camping licence excemption.

The government guidance on this does not cover other camping types such as bivvi or hammook camping but I would expect them to be treated as tents in these instances.

Mid Wales

With the promise of the first snow of the winter here, really looking forward to some wild camping in the hills.

By *ricBananaManMan  over a year ago

Basildon

I do also go wild camping anywhere in the UK ,But at the moment because of Corona virus and Tier2 in my area and also it too Cold soI am not going anywhere untill the warmer weather come in April

I wild camp all over South Wales and planning on doing the cambrian way in March and wildcamping all the way

By *nabreakCouple  over a year ago

Walton-on-Thames

We wild camp - mostly in the Lakes..

By *ody and mindMan  over a year ago

Somewhere near you

I’m out tonight

By *ondon258963Man  over a year ago

Bishops Cleeve

"I’m out tonight"

Very jealous

Plymouth

"I’m out tonight"

I saw there were a few hardy souls out last night, was bad enough in a car let alone a tent!

By *adlad65Man  over a year ago

Peterborough

I'm seriously thinking about going wild camping for a few nights next year on the motorbike in Scotland. I've never wild camped or been on the bike camping. Though I have camped on regular sites for many years with the family.... This would be minimalist though.

I do have this fantastical plan to get a train to Scotland, buy a bike and wild camp across the countryside back home to South Lincolnshire. If I like the bike I'll keep it, if not I'll sell it..

Plymouth

"I do have this fantastical plan to get a train to Scotland, buy a bike and wild camp across the countryside back home to South Lincolnshire. If I like the bike I'll keep it, if not I'll sell it.. "

Sounds awesome

By *uttonBiMan  over a year ago

Sutton Coldfield B73 5XP

I have done many long distance trails including Coast to Coast, Offa's Dyke, South Downs Way, Cotswold Way to name a fewI always try and get in some wild camping as its cheaper and less crowded than campsites. I love

By *lue NoteMan  over a year ago

Chertsey

We love camping but P likes her creature comforts too much to go wild for more than one night

By *ear in the chairMan  over a year ago

Godstone

[Removed by poster at 26/12/20 21:23:51]

By *oneyBear100Couple  over a year ago

Gatwick area

"[Removed by poster at 26/12/20 21:23:51]"

And again but from the correct profile

Love wild camping and would equally love another couple to go camping with on occasion

Plymouth

"[Removed by poster at 26/12/20 21:23:51]

And again but from the correct profile

Love wild camping and would equally love another couple to go camping with on occasion "

I stand ready to muster a +1 as needed

By *atcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Suffolk - East Anglia

Camping. Where you spend a small fortune to live like a homeless person.

By *uttyandbeeCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

"Camping. Where you spend a small fortune to live like a homeless person. "
A very insensitive comment, im sure homeless people dont choose to be so.

Mid Wales

Is anyone up for a wild camp in the snow sometime next week? Have a few favourite spots in the Berwyns in mind. Safe and socially distanced but fun!

By *ack69erMan  over a year ago

Beverley

I just get on my bike, pedal all day and before dark find a spot out of sight of anyone, ie farmers who land it maybe and just sleep there and be up at first light and gone. One day I may be on East coast, the next day, up the West coast.

I've slept in corn fields, meadows, children's play parks, peoples gardens, etc, and even on a roundabout once.

"Anyone have any advice on wild-camping in Dorset, specifically Studland Bay and the Isle Of Purbeck? Would love to give it a go over the summer if anyone has any decent suggestions..."

Quiet a lot of climbers wild camp around winspit quarry, and some of the close by caves.

By *atcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Suffolk - East Anglia

"Camping. Where you spend a small fortune to live like a homeless person. A very insensitive comment, im sure homeless people dont choose to be so."

Not insensitive at all!! Lighten up. If we can't joke during these dark times then that is very sad.

It is except on Dartmoor

"Isnt wild camping illegal in the UK except in Scotland?

It is except on Dartmoor "

Though I wild camp all over

By *isspurplechesterWoman  over a year ago

Chester

I was literally just talking about this, weird! Maybe it’s a sign that I need an expedition soon! I love it, but Mr PC wouldn’t enjoy it one bit haha

we would love to try it as long there was other motor homes there xx

As soon as things calm down I'll be out and about again

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

"Camping. Where you spend a small fortune to live like a homeless person. A very insensitive comment, im sure homeless people dont choose to be so.

Not insensitive at all!! Lighten up. If we can't joke during these dark times then that is very sad. "

It's actually a micky flannagan joke

By *nglianmanMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

A few years did some great wild camping on the Isle of Mull.... Awesome

I cycled 600 miles to lands end and back, wild camping along the way and staying at campsites for showers. It was a great experience. I like to do every year lol

"I cycled 600 miles to lands end and back, wild camping along the way and staying at campsites for showers. It was a great experience. I'd like to do every year lol"

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

Can't wait to get back out camping.

Does anyone go camping in Kent..in normal times ???

I would love to go or stay in a lodge. Meet some ransoms and be civilized and in the evening devour my partner behind a closed door or tent. I think Bournemouth is the most beautiful sea side location and I've been camping abroad. however if it's camping and not a holiday I would definitely prefer a lodge with a sauna than a tent. After Corona I would like to bring my partner and meet some lovely swingers. July ???

By *ishaw cucksCouple  over a year ago

wishaw

Been wild camping alot off times in my area plenty great pkeces to go have met great people and even had Helen with me on some off the trips xxx

By *oasterMan  over a year ago

Sth Wales

I am looking for a van there’s a few I like. But predominantly I’m looking for something to wild camp in.

As soon as I get a decent camper. I’m going to start recording areas that are out of the way. As me job takes me all over sth wales.

Any recommendations type of van is best ??

By *orky2Man  over a year ago

parkdean resort

Claonaig to Skipness Road up on Kintyre. A few places to pull off the road right on the shore. Stunning views across to Arran and great fun watching the seal bachelor boys floating past.

By *ackman82Man  over a year ago

leeds

It’s all about finding the right spot. A decent map helps In finding that. There is also bothies all over the U.K. nice brick building ready to be used as a shelter

By *ovioMan  over a year ago

On the Road. Spain, Scotland, England

Wild camping (I'm talking campervans & motorhomes) is still reasonably tolerated in Scotland although recently I've started seeing reports about local councils clamping down due to an upturn in the number of vehicles coming to beauty spots. It is possible to wild camp in England within local authority guidelines... If you know where too look.

Online sites such as wildcamping co.uk can be great for finding information

"Wild camping (I'm talking campervans & motorhomes) is still reasonably tolerated in Scotland although recently I've started seeing reports about local councils clamping down due to an upturn in the number of vehicles coming to beauty spots. It is possible to wild camp in England within local authority guidelines... If you know where too look.

Online sites such as wildcamping co.uk can be great for finding information"

Sadly it was announced this Jan 5th that wild camping was denied on Dartmoor due to Covid. I don't know whether this has been lifted since. Check here for Dartmoor

https://www.dartmoor.gov.uk/about-us/how-we-work/coronavirus-update

By *unandfriendship4uMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Ok. Welsh lad in Sheffield.anyone interested in wild fab camping after covid.i am thinking of setting up z kik group to get people involved. I'm ex army.love the outdoors and hope yo hit the penines or Brecon beacons summer time. Pm if you may be interested. Bi strait it foes not matter its all about getting back to normality.

By *irth Next DoorMan  over a year ago

I’d be up for a k I k group.

By *inkybabe1109Couple  over a year ago

Barnsley

We have booked to go to a swinging festival camping 1st July till 4th July cant wait as long as lock down been lifted

By *tue555Man  over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

"Anyone have any advice on wild-camping in Dorset, specifically Studland Bay and the Isle Of Purbeck? Would love to give it a go over the summer if anyone has any decent suggestions..."

Live locally after the debacle last year the council and police will be very hot on fining and moving on if you staying overnight without landowners permission or designated camp site so it will be high risk this year, sorry

"I am looking for a van there’s a few I like. But predominantly I’m looking for something to wild camp in.

As soon as I get a decent camper. I’m going to start recording areas that are out of the way. As me job takes me all over sth wales.

Any recommendations type of van is best ??"

There are a few groups on Facebook about camper vans. The one for “van conversions under £2500” has a lot of information about choice of van and how to convert.

Passed Beyond Reach

"I am looking for a van there’s a few I like. But predominantly I’m looking for something to wild camp in.

Any recommendations type of van is best ??"

First there is an important distinction there is no such thing as wild camping in camper van. Even where wild camping is allowed, that does not include camper vans or motor homes.

That aside there are many resources now for self conversions need to decide exactly how you want yours, also DVLA have changed rules on self conversions so you need to be aware of any restrictions also insurance on self conversions else you may void insurance. But doing a self conversion can be very satisfying cos its a blank canvas and you can make it how you want it, There are lots of vids online which are very useful, take your time to research and decide what you want.

Any recommendations type of van is best ??

First there is an important distinction there is no such thing as wild camping in camper van. Even where wild camping is allowed, that does not include camper vans or motor homes.

That aside there are many resources now for self conversions need to decide exactly how you want yours, also DVLA have changed rules on self conversions so you need to be aware of any restrictions also insurance on self conversions else you may void insurance. But doing a self conversion can be very satisfying cos its a blank canvas and you can make it how you want it, There are lots of vids online which are very useful, take your time to research and decide what you want. "

Well said wild camping is that wild in the hills not at the side of a road and pissing off the locals, which happened in the Highlands and it was awful people hiring motor homes with no idea how to drive, park them and no consideration to local access, it's important to read the access outdoor code and be respectful then everyone is welcoming and happy.

My favourite place to wild camp is lockdoon in Ayrshire

Love wildcamping all over the brecon beacons and the South Wales coast

By *D_GinaTV/TS  over a year ago

Broadstairs

Been wild camping all over Kent since my early teens.

Mid Wales

Happy to share some of my favourite wild places in Snowdonia

I'll be heading to the Peak District near Edale pretty soon... Can't wait!

By *eanna31TV/TS  over a year ago

Llangeinor

Yes in south wales

Wild camping allowed on Dartmoor from 12 April. Check for range shooting before you go. Map of legal access with no permission required is back up and running

[Removed by poster at 13/04/21 09:01:27]

By *ricBananaManMan  over a year ago

Basildon

I do wild Camping around UK, I do go wild Camping at Leysdown sea wall,Isle of Sheppey, Studland bay in Dorset Shoreham nudist beach by the Scottish power station , Corton North beach and Eastney down near portmouth , And then Adult campervan site and Naturist Campervan and Camping site I used

By *achael_55TV/TS  over a year ago

Wilmslow

"Happy to share some of my favourite wild places in Snowdonia "

Would love some of your suggestions for when Wales opens up to overnight stays.

By *om barbaraCouple  over a year ago

staffordshire

We have wild camping fish ST10

If intrested it soucial as fishing mainly £15 per night

Manly couples but motorcycle frendly. Not nudiest soft camping LOL.

Fishing camping and meeting people sounds perfect x

"You can wild camp legally in Scotland as long as you dont open any gates park without causing an obstruction and leave nothing but footprints

I have heard of a place in Herefordshire where a farmer has opened up an area of his farm for wild camping"

sadly the right to roam in Scotland seems to be a licence to ruin the countryside. There are lots of wonderful respectful wild campers out there but even more disrespectful morons who cut down trees, crap everywhere without burying it, lighting fires in aforested areas, smashing bottles and glass into the fire making it more difficult to dispose of, leaving all manner of rubbish from bbq’s to tents and all the time working on the well known scientific tenet that a full crate of beer is incredibly light and can be carried any distance but empty cans are one of the heaviest known substances in the universe.

Had a great camp in a glen below Ben More on the Isle of Mull last September. Had this huge Glen all to myself for three days, I spent quite a bit of time sunbathing naked on the rocks next to the stream and climbed Ben More too. Absolute bliss.

Your welcome to share my tent any time

glasgow

Wild camping means kit in a pack on your back & away from roads.

Camping is sites.

Anyho, had a good time on hills @killin at weekend despite the downpours of hailstones

Good kit & layers essential

glasgow

"Wild camping means kit in a pack on your back & away from roads.

Camping is sites.

Anyho, had a good time on hills @killin at weekend despite the downpours of hailstones

Good kit & layers essential"

Left no trace, fire was built upon rock pit collected from nearby stream to limit scorching & cleared afterwards, rocks to stream & charcoal buried (cold obviously)

I'm planning a trip wild camping for 2 to 3 days around the Cader Idris area. If there is anyone who hasn't tried it before and would like to PM me. You just need a sleeping bag and a rucksack.

"I'm planning a trip wild camping for 2 to 3 days around the Cader Idris area. If there is anyone who hasn't tried it before and would like to PM me. You just need a sleeping bag and a rucksack. "

WHAT, your not taking a double. Wild camping with benefits

"I'm planning a trip wild camping for 2 to 3 days around the Cader Idris area. If there is anyone who hasn't tried it before and would like to PM me. You just need a sleeping bag and a rucksack.

WHAT, your not taking a double. Wild campi

ng with benefits :-

It's not all about sex sharing a common interest and making new friends is far more rewarding. Laying looking at the stars is just magical.

D"

By *ady7Woman  over a year ago

Hereford

"You can wild camp legally in Scotland as long as you dont open any gates park without causing an obstruction and leave nothing but footprints

I have heard of a place in Herefordshire where a farmer has opened up an area of his farm for wild camping"

which part of herefordshire ?

By *iggyStarjumpsMan  over a year ago

Stockport

I love wild camping, mostly in the Peaks & Lake District. I like camping in woodland for the privacy and waking up to birdsong

By *unandfriendship4uMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Joined sheffield ramblers

By *ete51Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

Would like to spend time with one or two ladies.

By *elanieforyouTV/TS  over a year ago

Near, Ashburton

This year as so many campers to stay in U K, 56 days permitted to camp without planning permission.

Camp or Motor home at my farm when you like on the edge of Dartmoor xx

By *elanieforyouTV/TS  over a year ago

Near, Ashburton

[Removed by poster at 15/05/21 15:19:23]

Plymouth

"This year as so many campers to stay in U K, 56 days permitted to camp without planning permission.

Camp or Motor home at my farm when you like on the edge of Dartmoor xx"

Shall we organise an event? How many pitches can you fit in

By *idzguyMan  over a year ago

coventry

I seem to think you can wild camp on Dartmoor

Plymouth

"I seem to think you can wild camp on Dartmoor "

Yes indeed, there is a map for the exact areas

By *inkybabe1109Couple  over a year ago

Barnsley

There a few of us going to freedom for all camping next week who going

"This year as so many campers to stay in U K, 56 days permitted to camp without planning permission.

Camp or Motor home at my farm when you like on the edge of Dartmoor xx

Shall we organise an event? How many pitches can you fit in "

I like to wild camp, will be out Tuesday overnight not far from Newton Abbot. Hopefully get some sun on me Wednesday if I dare to say.

Legal and encouraged in the designated areas of Dartmoor"

I think Dartmoor (apart from certain areas or when military exercises going on) is the only place it is legal wild camp in England. Of course that doesn't mean it isn't possible when done respectfully. Unfortunately Dartmoor has recently had parties of people setting up big tents and leaving behind litter; that's clearly not in the spirit of wild camping!

By *ordjeffMan  over a year ago

around and about ,as travel.

"I would love to do this but wouldn’t have a clue where to start with it all "

Plenty of Facebook groups and you tube clip with tips and advice.

Start small.

Not even an over night camp

Walk . Cook food for the day

And ease your self in

There be no looking back

This time of year is great

Passed Beyond Reach

I think Dartmoor (apart from certain areas or when military exercises going on) is the only place it is legal wild camp in England. Of course that doesn't mean it isn't possible when done respectfully. Unfortunately Dartmoor has recently had parties of people setting up big tents and leaving behind litter; that's clearly not in the spirit of wild camping!"

As far as I'm aware wild camping has been banned from Dartmoor due to last year. Same as new forest here I'd make sure before any ventures there

I think Dartmoor (apart from certain areas or when military exercises going on) is the only place it is legal wild camp in England. Of course that doesn't mean it isn't possible when done respectfully. Unfortunately Dartmoor has recently had parties of people setting up big tents and leaving behind litter; that's clearly not in the spirit of wild camping!

As far as I'm aware wild camping has been banned from Dartmoor due to last year. Same as new forest here I'd make sure before any ventures there"

It is now allowed again on Dartmoor from 17th May 2021. The map of where you can camp is back on the web again.

I Live down by Dawlish and ex military so keep my eye on what’s happening, hope to get out there again soon. Can’t walk far, 4 to 5 miles then camp for me. Getting fitter since heart op 2 months ago. 13 KG pack for me including food and water. Non driver so have to depend on train and bus.

[Removed by poster at 24/05/21 09:41:35]

Looking to wild camp the SW coast path walking Exeter to Poole this summer

» Add a new message to this topic