FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Camping > Hammock camping

Hammock camping

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone here do hammock camping just received my first hammock today and off camping in it tomorrow night is there anything I need I have a sleeping mat and a sleeping bag aswell as 2 3x3 dd tarps

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have you tried your set up at home first? wind will blow under and over you so good layers under your and 4 season sleeping bag, chuck in few hot water bottles 30mins before getting in your hammock.

"Have you tried your set up at home first? wind will blow under and over you so good layers under your and 4 season sleeping bag, chuck in few hot water bottles 30mins before getting in your hammock. "

No where near home to set it up where I'm going is about 20 mins away from where I live and I have a snugpak 4 season sleeping bag and I have a dd under quilt coming aswell

By *reenman19Man  over a year ago

.....no......

Get a decent length of climbing rope, it adds a ton of flexibility on where you can hang your hammock instead of hunting for perfectly distanced anchor points. I use a 60ft length.

"Get a decent length of climbing rope, it adds a ton of flexibility on where you can hang your hammock instead of hunting for perfectly distanced anchor points. I use a 60ft length. "

Ill pick some up tomorrow from cotsworld thanks

By *istalloverCouple  over a year ago

Pays de la Loire -Normandie -Brittany borderFrance

We had a hammock camper here at our naturiste site in France.

Think he was called The Wolf.

turned up on a motorcycle and slept in a hammock .nice guy and

He wont mind me saying .

Others could hear snoring through the double glazing as youl be sleeping on your back .

By *onrachMan  over a year ago

Lichfield

Good base and tarp over. Warm and comfortable but wouldn’t try sex in it.

By *ydrewMan  over a year ago

Hatfield

"Good base and tarp over. Warm and comfortable but wouldn’t try sex in it."

Just sit sideways. The rocking helps

By *G LanaTV/TS  over a year ago

Gosport

About half of my camping is in hammocks. If you haven't seen it I would rwcommend The Ultimate Hang as the best guide to hammock camping and the Youtube videos by Shugemery. Between them they pretty much cover everything you should probably know.

I presume your suspension system isn't going to come with drip lines on it and if it is wet these really help with reducing water tracking down the suspension into the hammock. These are simply bits of light cordage looped around the suspension ideally, once it is under the tarp, which hang down to divert the water. Other bits of the suspension system can help with this as well but I find additional driplines definatetely help.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

An under blanket. That way with it hanging below your hammock you get all the insulation benefit but as you’re not lay directly in it, you don’t squash it.

» Add a new message to this topic