FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Camping > Road Trip

Road Trip

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ake it easy! OP   Man  over a year ago

Notts

Has anyone already done, or is anyone thinking of doing a road trip with their caravan or motor home next summer... virus permitting.

We are looking at France, Spain and Portugal then back within the 90 day rule ... tips on routes campsites and any "need to know" info much appreciated

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

90 day rule ?

Notts

I'm hearing that uk citizens will only be permitted to spend 90 days out if any 180 in "Europe" post Brexit transit... unless someone knows differently

Use park4night

Notts

Thank you

By *NightingaleCouple  over a year ago

Watching

Yep 90 days max per visit is the rule then 180 out, trashed our retirement plans and no sign of changing the rule being in the Brexit agreement ... gutted, not sure what the consequences are if you overstay but don't want to risk an overall ban

Notts

"Yep 90 days max per visit is the rule then 180 out, trashed our retirement plans and no sign of changing the rule being in the Brexit agreement ... gutted, not sure what the consequences are if you overstay but don't want to risk an overall ban"

Yes, buggered up our plans also but I thought it was 90 days in any 180 ... so 90 in the 90 out and repeat!

I believe there may be an option to stay longer but a visa is required with proof of comprehensive health insurance and proof if funds/income

... all a bit vague and last minute.

"Yep 90 days max per visit is the rule then 180 out, trashed our retirement plans and no sign of changing the rule being in the Brexit agreement ... gutted, not sure what the consequences are if you overstay but don't want to risk an overall ban

Yes, buggered up our plans also but I thought it was 90 days in any 180 ... so 90 in the 90 out and repeat!

I believe there may be an option to stay longer but a visa is required with proof of comprehensive health insurance and proof if funds/income

... all a bit vague and last minute."

The 90 days out of 180 is rolling so for shorter periods than 90 days you need to work it out with a calendar.

Dam. U mean id have to come home every 90 days bummer.

Was planning to do Vanlife

Notts

Or apply for visa(s) to stay longer as per my previous post

"Dam. U mean id have to come home every 90 days bummer.

Was planning to do Vanlife "

Yes - unless they reach a deal. If you become resident in Europe then you can visit U.K. for 1 day less than 6 months but you have to have a home to be a resident, either owned or rented. You can’t be mobile and resident.

Also all of Europe counts so you can’t spend 3 months in say France and then fly out for a week to somewhere else in Europe within the 6 months. It’s because U.K. wasn’t ever part of Schengen Agreement but most of Europe turned a blind eye and included U.K.

"Or apply for visa(s) to stay longer as per my previous post"

If you apply for a visa the rules are the same as they are for say Americans at present and it only covers certain situations and can be quite expensive.

If you are interested in this subject I recommend you either join the RIFT Facebook group (remain in France together) or their website as they update regularly.

» Add a new message to this topic