FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Camping > Croatia and Montenegro

Croatia and Montenegro

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *arleysar OP   Couple  over a year ago

Redhill/Reigate

Planning a trip in our motorhome this summer to Croatia and Montenegro we are going there allowing for the 90 day in 90 day out we believe Croatia and Montenegro are exempt have many other people travelled there and what are we to expect

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Planning a trip in our motorhome this summer to Croatia and Montenegro we are going there allowing for the 90 day in 90 day out we believe Croatia and Montenegro are exempt have many other people travelled there and what are we to expect "

I’m not sure you are correct - they are both not part of Schengen same as U.K. and we don’t need a visa to visit - but - you can only stay for 90 days in any 180 day period and as they are in Europe I think that would mean you couldn’t spend any days getting there or returning through Europe if you stay for the whole 90 days.

Redhill/Reigate

Montenegro is not part of the eu but to be honest if it's nice might just as well park it up there for the winter and fly back and save money

"Montenegro is not part of the eu but to be honest if it's nice might just as well park it up there for the winter and fly back and save money "

It’s not about the EU but about Schengen - if you are travelling there and back through Schengen Countries, (which you will have to by road) then the total time will be 90 days out of a rolling 180 day time scale. Flying there will remove that problem but you will only be able to stay in Montenegro for a maximum 90 days in 180 days to visit without applying for a visa. The 90 days can be made up of several small trips or one continuous trip but cannot be exceeded or you will be refused entry.

Have a read on the U.K. gov website about Schengen rules. I have a house in France and used to split my time between there and U.K. in the past but will have to stick to 90 day limit unless I reside in France.

Redhill/Reigate

Thanks for the info

You still planning on going to Croatia?

By *teviesMan  over a year ago

pontefract

croatia is not part of Schengen zone

so you can spend 90 days in Schengen then 90days in croatia followed by 90days in Schengen and so on

"croatia is not part of Schengen zone

so you can spend 90 days in Schengen then 90days in croatia followed by 90days in Schengen and so on"

Yes but they are both in EU so you can only spend 179 days out of U.K. to remain resident in U.K.

» Add a new message to this topic