FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Camping > Nc500

Nc500

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *olgary OP   Man  over a year ago

Tob

Evening all. Am looking at doing the nc500 in June providing covid allows me. Has anyone done wild camping on the route? Any public showers throughout the journey? Also anywhere you would recommend visiting? Thanks in advance

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ovioMan  over a year ago

On the Road. Spain, Scotland, England

"Evening all. Am looking at doing the nc500 in June providing covid allows me. Has anyone done wild camping on the route? Any public showers throughout the journey? Also anywhere you would recommend visiting? Thanks in advance "

"Evening all. Am looking at doing the nc500 in June providing covid allows me. Has anyone done wild camping on the route? Any public showers throughout the journey? Also anywhere you would recommend visiting? Thanks in advance "

As you say, allowing for covid restrictions, June is not a bad time, best to do it before School holidays. I've never done the NC500 under that name but have covered most if not all of the roads before they got the NC500 designation.

You don't say how your travelling (I'll presume a van) but there are lots of places to park/camp. Best to arrive late and leave early though.

Public showers, I imagine would be pretty hard to find but you could think of using local leisure centres and have a swim and shower at the same time. Of course... Plenty campsites exist on the route and would welcome your money.

Happy travels

By *ust love to giveMan  over a year ago

atherstone

Hi I did it two yrs ago in a motorhome wild camped all the way go anti clockwise and it just gets better and better

By *eaf44Man  over a year ago

near Inverness, and wick sometimes

"Hi I did it two yrs ago in a motorhome wild camped all the way go anti clockwise and it just gets better and better "

I take it you mean you slept in your van and didnt wild camp at all, understanding the definitions is gonna be important as our access code comes under review.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I’m also planning to do this but in 2021. I’m thinking of buying a motor home.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Done it in 2020 late August.

Absolutely gorgeous but you have to leave the main route now and again to see more.

By *olgary OP   Man  over a year ago

Tob

I don't mind going off track thinking 5 days should be enough time for me to explore it. Ill be taking my car and a tent and rough it up a few nights then get a hotel last couple of nights.

By *ovespudsMan  over a year ago

Swindon

There are plenty of NC500 vlogs on YouTube. I'm using them to plan my first VW campervan tour have a pen & pad handy. YouTube bloggers "Life's too short" and "Wandering bird" give great info. Apparently you need a permit to camp in Loch Lomond area. "Wild camping" in a tent IS permissible in Scotland, however "overnight parking" isn't, my advice is park "off route" and do so discreetly. Apps are available to help finding park up places. Have fun, I can't wait to hit the road.

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Celle, Germany

[Removed by poster at 19/02/21 12:11:16]

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Celle, Germany

Did the NC500 in two stages (over two years): year 1 - West coast, year 2 - North and East coast. Although I used official campsites but I did wild camp on the side of the Loch at Apple Cross; really great spot, a 5 minute walk from the pub and public toilets (with drinking water tap). There's also a serve yourself fuel station (credit card required).

By *adlad65Man  over a year ago

Peterborough

"Did the NC500 in two stages (over two years): year 1 - West coast, year 2 - North and East coast. Although I used official campsites but I did wild camp on the side of the Loch at Apple Cross; really great spot, a 5 minute walk from the pub and public toilets (with drinking water tap). There's also a serve yourself fuel station (credit card required)."

This is just the sort of thing I'm looking for. I want to have a week of touring Scotland on a motorbike and take the absolute bare minimum. The situation you described is perfect. I looked on google maps and see people camping on the wide verge....

By *ake it easy!Man  over a year ago

Notts

When is the best time to go to avoid the midges?

"When is the best time to go to avoid the midges?"

When it's windy

By *ricBananaManMan  over a year ago

Basildon

Hello , I might be silly or what , Can I ask ? What is NC500 sound for me?? Not Naked cycle

We want to do it too - was thinking of guesthouses along the way or sleep in car.

I'm cycling nc500 in five days early July, plenty of campsites for showers

"Hello , I might be silly or what , Can I ask ? What is NC500 sound for me?? Not Naked cycle "

North coast 500 = coastal tour of the highlands

» Add a new message to this topic