FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Camping > Buying a motorhome?

Buying a motorhome?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rightonsteve OP   Man  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I’ve been thinking during this lockdown about buying a motorhome. We would like a fixed bed and recently I’ve been thinking a ‘garage’ would be useful. I have about £30k for a secondhand one. 4 berth.

Any suggestions about good makes/models? What to look for?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Steve, can you lend me a fiver?

By *atonMan  over a year ago

barnet

Knaus or bessacars . German great engineering. I have a boxer autocruise. Ok but niggly faults

Brighton - even Hove!

[Removed by poster at 23/02/21 17:38:42]

Brighton - even Hove!

"Steve, can you lend me a fiver?"
no, I bloody can’t because that would leave me with only £29,995

"I’ve been thinking during this lockdown about buying a motorhome. We would like a fixed bed and recently I’ve been thinking a ‘garage’ would be useful. I have about £30k for a secondhand one. 4 berth.

Any suggestions about good makes/models? What to look for? "

Try hiring one or two first great way to get the feel, also mix with othes and ask questions

I know that you are a bit away from Swansea but my work place hire them out, either from Swansea or Exeter and new ones ordered for this year. You may find it’s cheaper hiring for the time being. Ray

hi def hire or borrow one first its expensive to buy one and find the leyout isnt right for you .go to a warners moterhome show where they have lots of different dealers and vans and you can walk round the site and look at peoples vans and chat to the owners

By *un and Laughter 2Couple  over a year ago

folkestone

Hi well before we bought into one we hired one for a week and realised it was great . There is a very good dealer in rye harbour ( not too far from you ) who also have a number for hire —- and lots of different ones to buy both new and nearly new . It’s a very helpful dealer we found

By *attooCTMan  over a year ago

Glasgow /Swansea

"I’ve been thinking during this lockdown about buying a motorhome. We would like a fixed bed and recently I’ve been thinking a ‘garage’ would be useful. I have about £30k for a secondhand one. 4 berth.

Cheaper to hire on and see how you get on with it u get cheap deals online a lot

By *ficouldMan  over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

So many options for you.

For birth / size of motorhome it varies alot, not all four births are built the same.

My advice would be (when allowed), go to the motorhome agents, for sale vans, watch out for them on your travels and speak to the owners. View as many as you can, it will help you decide what layout you think will work.

Work out what else is important to you?

Ie separate shower cubical to toilet, vanity within bedroom,big lounge? Drop down bed? AClass or Bclass?

Check your license for the size you can drive (tonnage).

You will narrow the Marc, make and eventually model too.

Then depending how you feel, hire one out, the only thing is Hire companies only hire basic cheap vehicles, not sure you will get much of fantastic quality.

And prices im sure will be High to higher will "Staycasion" being the order of the year.

By *AM2214Man  over a year ago

Manchester Area

Google motor homes some brilliant ones available but don't look if you have dodgy heart pricey... Understand what you want...a day van

Overnighter or say a week or more...

As others say.. Look at options and hire see what works for you

By *ranfondoMan  over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

It's not about the base vehicle or brand.....all about the layout...what will work for you

By *otdoggieCouple  over a year ago

Tenby

We had a roller team with a garage and variable height bed over garage which was great if we didn't carry the bikes but now have a Dethleffs with fixed height bed which is not so good but the quality is so much better.

By *ovigalWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

Is there better value in the UK....looking for a 4 or 5 berth too.

Came across a site MJ Caravan Sales, prices seem to be too good to be true??

By *uttyandbeeCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

"We had a roller team with a garage and variable height bed over garage which was great if we didn't carry the bikes but now have a Dethleffs with fixed height bed which is not so good but the quality is so much better. "
We have a Deffleths with a fixed rear bed above a garage. At 5.99 meters there is a deceiving amount of space inside. The quality is second to non and we are saying that after previously owning 2 Burstners

By *AM2214Man  over a year ago

Manchester Area

"Is there better value in the UK....looking for a 4 or 5 berth too.

Came across a site MJ Caravan Sales, prices seem to be too good to be true??

"

. MJ of Tamworth? Plenty of reviews and fairly bbalanced in terms of bought five Van's off them great.. To the other e d of the scale...

Swift or auto trail both do a model suiting this. Probably looking at a 2007-2010 at that price, and the main thing to check is for damp, because I can guarantee it’s had it, just wether it’s been repaired correctly.

» Add a new message to this topic