FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Camping > Camping from 17th May

Camping from 17th May

Jump to: Newest in thread

By * and B OP   Couple  over a year ago

Durham

As in another thread Camp Sites start to reopen 12th April for self contained units. We see as of 17th May facilities such as toilet blocks and showers will reopen so that the date for us who go camping in our tents to get back out on an adventure. LETS GO CAMPING folks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

17 May, thank you Boris for my lovely Birthday Present. Let’s see who opens for booking and from when. Just need to get some Tarp poles now to add to my camping kit. Load up my electric bike, senior rail card and off I go.

By *eordiesCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

"As in another thread Camp Sites start to reopen 12th April for self contained units. We see as of 17th May facilities such as toilet blocks and showers will reopen so that the date for us who go camping in our tents to get back out on an adventure. LETS GO CAMPING folks"

Have you got a link to any Gov. official site which says the toilet blocks and showers CANNOT open on April 12th ?

Durham

"As in another thread Camp Sites start to reopen 12th April for self contained units. We see as of 17th May facilities such as toilet blocks and showers will reopen so that the date for us who go camping in our tents to get back out on an adventure. LETS GO CAMPING folks

Have you got a link to any Gov. official site which says the toilet blocks and showers CANNOT open on April 12th ?"

Was watching on the news this morning the director from Yorkshire campsites giving s all the info. From 12th April self contained units only and from 17th May shared facilities will open. Sorry I have no links, like us just do the homework. Boris threw a lot of dates and info our way yesterday so today is the day to break it all down. Remember though as these dates could be affected by things going wrong if a variant of the virus gets around our vaccine program. Please don't shout as we are all in this together

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

I think the campsite issuse is a grey area awaiting clarity (which I'm sure the holiday industry will be starting to push for). After all public toilets are open, gyms maybe open too. I've got a little family tent trip away planned for just after 12 April on a pitch with its own personal bathroom hut. So I'm hoping there should be no problem with that either way. And if campsite showers/toilets must stay closed maybe sites could offer pitches with a private portaloo or something?

newcastle

Problem is, not everyone has the same interpretation, this from The Sun;

When will campsites and holiday parks reopen?

Self-catered holiday parks will be able to reopen from April 12, but only one household can go on holiday together meaning no mixing of households.

Campsites have yet to be given a date as they are not self-contained meaning a higher risk of spreading the virus due to shared toilet and shower blocks.

newcastle

I presume the list below, of stuff re-opening on April 12th will have toilets available for customers ?

Pubs (outdoor service only)

Restaurants (outdoor service only)

Theme parks

Zoos

Community centres

If those places have toilets which are safe to use, what is the problem with a campsite toilet block ? Especially as campsite blocks tend to have a huge draught blowing through them anyway !

Durham

"I presume the list below, of stuff re-opening on April 12th will have toilets available for customers ?

Theme parks

Zoos

Community centres

If those places have toilets which are safe to use, what is the problem with a campsite toilet block ? Especially as campsite blocks tend to have a huge draught blowing through them anyway !"

Try this link, its not government but a website on camping called out and about live https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/camping/news/covid-19-campsites-could-open-from-12-april

Durham

"I presume the list below, of stuff re-opening on April 12th will have toilets available for customers ?

Theme parks

Zoos

Community centres

If those places have toilets which are safe to use, what is the problem with a campsite toilet block ? Especially as campsite blocks tend to have a huge draught blowing through them anyway !"

Just like all covid restrictions, you can't do this here but you can there. You can sit on an aircraft next to one another but not at a cinema. It's all been a bit crazy. Positive thinking though as things are starting to move in the right direction so lets not argue about tomatoes or tomatoes

newcastle

Theme parks

Zoos

Community centres

If those places have toilets which are safe to use, what is the problem with a campsite toilet block ? Especially as campsite blocks tend to have a huge draught blowing through them anyway !

Try this link, its not government but a website on camping called out and about live https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/camping/news/covid-19-campsites-could-open-from-12-april"

Yeah, I had seen that link, but it was certainly not giving definitive info.

Quote, "Could open from 12th April", "It appears toilets will not be open".

I'd predict that campsites will open from 12th April and with toilets open but with covid restrictions in place for them as we had last year.

Durham

Theme parks

Zoos

Community centres

Try this link, its not government but a website on camping called out and about live https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/camping/news/covid-19-campsites-could-open-from-12-april

Yeah, I had seen that link, but it was certainly not giving definitive info.

Quote, "Could open from 12th April", "It appears toilets will not be open".

I'd predict that campsites will open from 12th April and with toilets open but with covid restrictions in place for them as we had last year."

I predict a riot....

newcastle

"

I predict a riot.... "

Well, as long as it's socially distanced, go for it!

Durham

"

I predict a riot....

Well, as long as it's socially distanced, go for it!"

And not in a toilet block

By *ricBananaManMan  over a year ago

Basildon

Hello all , When you were saying let go Carry on Camping's , But where ?

"Hello all , When you were saying let go Carry carbeil naturist site.

mping's , But where ?"

downderry beach, carbeil naturist site

Durham

It still feels so far away with these tentative steps. Been so nice to get out again these last 2 days. Fingers crossed it all continues in the right direction

We'll be out in camper on April 16th and 17th around the Doncaster area and cant wait x

Durham

Our first weekend away with the tent is booked, Northumberland 11th 12th June.

By *kblokenorthMan  over a year ago

Any

Planning to make more of the tent for some canvas capers this summer.

Contemplating a camper van soon but love the freedom of space you get in a decent tent tbh.

xxx

» Add a new message to this topic