FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Camping > Older vans

Older vans

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone have an older van? My fiat Ducato is 30 years old,it really doesn't like E10 fuel,but I love it ,got all I need in it.and no power steering,is great,no need for the gym lol.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nly me999Man  over a year ago

Tameside, Manchester

Mines an 18 year old ducato, had loads of work on it, engine runs sweet but had alot of damp issues and welding doing

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Mines an 18 year old ducato, had loads of work on it, engine runs sweet but had alot of damp issues and welding doing"
my god,do I need welding done lol .lucky I have a mate who's damn good at it,willing to show me how to weld,but I think our friendship would be in shit Street lol apparently ducatos are reknown for it, otherwise it's a great van,had to put redex in it an 99 fuel,drove 35 miles ok now,have you got coach-built? Mine is murvi morello.

By *ngelandDemonCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

30 year old Talbot Express Swift Kontiki 650/7

By *affa CakesCouple  over a year ago

Tidworth Wiltshire

30 year old Talbot 320 autoquest ..in the garage as we speak..

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

60 year old bedford RL .... it was my fathers ... it's an indefatigable beast

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/10/21 19:07:33]

20 year old vw t4 but I have older classic cars

Mad to think that a 2001 vw is 20 years old!!

By *dglasgow30TV/TS  over a year ago

glasgow

Have a old 73 vw t2 in garage. Needs a lot of work doing to it but just can't part with it. Keep saying one day I will do it up lol

By *NightingaleCouple  over a year ago

Watching

1991 VW Lt35, very boxie, very rusty, very slow. Took miles longer to convert to a camper than we thoughtit would, custom made for two and we love it but it really is an endless labour of love and a bit of a money pit. Gets us about though x

Love the LT35s so cool,

My next build will either be an LT or a crafter

By *asherCouple  over a year ago

nuneaton

Have a 1982 air-cooled T25 stay over at chameleon's in her. As for E10 not put any in sticking with super for now

By *outhbucksCouple  over a year ago

Great Missenden

1972 VW T2 Bay Window here. We love it.

Hoping to do John O'Groats to Lands End next year in her that got postponed from last year.

By *ilverjagMan  over a year ago

swansea

It never ceases to amaze me how many people doing their own conversation are overlooking ex mobility wheelchair adapted vehicles. You have a lowered floor so height isn't an issue, but you could raise the roof if required. You have narrow custom built rear seats which can be detached, or turned sideways for rear seating when dining. The scope is endless, and yet because they are a niche market they are generally at knock down prices. As they are mostly ex motobility contracts, they come with full service history. The majority are low mileage. You get a modern vehicle without the rust and reliability problems of old vans that have been hammered into the ground, leaving you with a lot of flash for not much cash. I picked up a six year old Peugeot Expert Tipee for £5,400 which has saved me £££ and I could probably turn enough profit out of the thing to have had my holidays for nothing. Now is that making a smart move, or am I missing something here?

Depends if newer is more important to you than personality, when I got my t4 I could have had a newer t5.1 or caddy etc but I wanted a t4 so nothing else would have done.

But yes for a general build ex wheel chair adapted busses are a good buy once you have sorted the ramp or lift out

By *dglasgow30TV/TS  over a year ago

glasgow

Agree with overunder.

It's not all about the cash. You buy a van,bus or truck that you like the shape n style of. Yea you can get great deals out there and ex mobility sounds good with what you said but can't seem to see one in a t2 bus or a merc 207d

By *incs ImpMan  over a year ago

Lincoln

I have had the same 2002 Ducato based Bessacarr for 14 years. The rear lounge makes an ideal play bed.

The other thought is something I apply to any vehicle/house purchase I make

Buy the one your willing to spend money on

Because you will

Lol

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

Old bog road

"It never ceases to amaze me how many people doing their own conversation are overlooking ex mobility wheelchair adapted vehicles. You have a lowered floor so height isn't an issue, but you could raise the roof if required. You have narrow custom built rear seats which can be detached, or turned sideways for rear seating when dining. The scope is endless, and yet because they are a niche market they are generally at knock down prices. As they are mostly ex motobility contracts, they come with full service history. The majority are low mileage. You get a modern vehicle without the rust and reliability problems of old vans that have been hammered into the ground, leaving you with a lot of flash for not much cash. I picked up a six year old Peugeot Expert Tipee for £5,400 which has saved me £££ and I could probably turn enough profit out of the thing to have had my holidays for nothing. Now is that making a smart move, or am I missing something here?"

Are these originally sold, vat and excise duty free? And if you then purchase it, for non mobility use, do you have to pay the original Vat and excise duty? (like in Ireland)

"It never ceases to amaze me how many people doing their own conversation are overlooking ex mobility wheelchair adapted vehicles. You have a lowered floor so height isn't an issue, but you could raise the roof if required. You have narrow custom built rear seats which can be detached, or turned sideways for rear seating when dining. The scope is endless, and yet because they are a niche market they are generally at knock down prices. As they are mostly ex motobility contracts, they come with full service history. The majority are low mileage. You get a modern vehicle without the rust and reliability problems of old vans that have been hammered into the ground, leaving you with a lot of flash for not much cash. I picked up a six year old Peugeot Expert Tipee for £5,400 which has saved me £££ and I could probably turn enough profit out of the thing to have had my holidays for nothing. Now is that making a smart move, or am I missing something here?

Are these originally sold, vat and excise duty free? And if you then purchase it, for non mobility use, do you have to pay the original Vat and excise duty? (like in Ireland) "

I guess if purchased privately in the UK there will be no VAT, but purchased from a dealer you will pay 20% VAT on the second hand price

By *ranny1961Man  over a year ago

hyndburn

1997 Ford transit, high top never missed a beat, been all over England in !

By *iking.beardMan  over a year ago

leeds

31year old vw lt35! Here but looking at something elce very soon,

By *lipflops n ShortsMan  over a year ago

Gran Alacant (Spain)

I have a 20yr old Fiat Ducato here with me in Spain, love getting out and about in it. As well as having some naughty fun in it as well.

21 year old Fiat Ducato 2.5. Great van. Runs very sweet.

» Add a new message to this topic