FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Camping > Wild camping in Scotland

Wild camping in Scotland

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *izzmasterzero OP   Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

I loved camping when I was younger and looking to get back into it, as far as I'm aware you can camp anywhere in Scotland as long as you are being respectful of the land and not disturbing anyone, is this true or are there other rules to go by? Also my favourite part of camping is having a camp fire, is this allowed anywhere you decide to camp or are there designated areas for this? I've done some research but looking for any extra info on wild camping in Scotland.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oy1234Couple  over a year ago

GLASGOW

https://www.mshblegal.com/news/is-wild-camping-legal-in-scotland.html#:~:text=Scotland%20has%20what%20is%20known,or%20a%20school%20football%20pitch.

There is some by laws in Scotland seasonal, specifically Loch lomond national Park between March and October, where wild camping is banned.

Happy camping

By *achael_55TV/TS  over a year ago

Wilmslow

I’ll be doing the WHW the week after next, wild camping along the way. Legs permitting, I hope to finish off with a walk up Ben Nevis.

By *iam69ingMan  over a year ago

Dumbarton

so many places in Scotland, but yes, camping permits required for national park, not expensive though, for what you have in terms of the beauty of the place, its well worth it.

By *ighlander80884Man  over a year ago

Inverness

If you have a motorised vehicle you are also not wild camping

By *kyeguyMan  over a year ago

portree

lots of nice places in isle of skye for wild camping xx

By *urtie SanchezMan  over a year ago

glasgow

Would be up for a wild camp nice fire if enough mixture of people was to go

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nothing better than wild camping an some naughty extras x

By *ighlandfling2000Man  over a year ago

Scotland

We don't mind people wild camping if like you say people are respectful, take away anything you bring, don't cut down trees for the fire (bring your own or look for driftwood) and just make sure fire is totally out when you leave, hill fires can spread very fast. Alot of it is just common sense, like people leaving human waste on the beaches. If you can find a toilet, burry it atleast haha... I used to enjoy walking home from the pub go along the beach and stop for a drink with tourists around a fire enjoy your time

» Add a new message to this topic