FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Camping > Help choosing small camper van

Help choosing small camper van

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rHotNotts OP   Man  over a year ago

Dubai

I’m hoping someone can help me with advice on this.

I need a van for occasional use in the uk , maybe 6 trips a year only of up to one week primarily for one person.

What I need to be able to do is park up at places along the NE coast with some quite big camera kit and tripods and catch sunsets and sunrises. Then just work from the van on my laptop the rest of the day , I need to make coffee and ideally a gas hob but microwave world do. Need reliable power for work and have tri-SIM so Wi-Fi isn’t an issue

I’ve tried AirBnB & car but it’s still a drive twice a day in the dark to the spots at 4am to get setup for sunrise and it’s very expensive. Often the best parking is taken. I’ve tried one man tent too but really difficult to work from the car in the day.

What would you recommend & how much would you spend

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ikester85Man  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Really depends on what level of comfort you want. You can convert any van for not much and there's plenty of camping stoves out there that could be mounted in a van. Transits have lots of spares as they're popular and a short wheelbase would be big enough for 1. You've got the vw's but they hold a premium. Cost is the thing. Cheap might be cheap initially but if you're relying on it for distance then worth spending more. If you do it as a sort on weekends van with removable bed etc you become very popular with your friends for moving stuff lol.

Transit connect, Renault and Peugeot I think do things similar sized. It really is a matter of what you want in it though

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

» Add a new message to this topic