FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Camping > Does anyone know anything about 12volt wind turbines

Does anyone know anything about 12volt wind turbines

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uck-Rogers OP   Man 27 weeks ago

Portland

Hi to anyone reading this.

I have a large camper van. With 3 solar panels that charges 2 leisure batteries.

As you know this time of year, With the sun low in the sky, and with thee amount of cloud cover that we get. The amount of solar power generated is not a lot.

What I am asking is, ! If anyone knows. Do these 12volt wind turbines actually work, To keep your battery charged after dark, and during the day.

Cheers in advance if you know.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hris3092Man 27 weeks ago

Swansea / Valencia

I had a 1kw static turbine, in good conditions the give out about a third of the rated power. Don't know about the smaller mobile ones but would assume similar figures.

By *uck-Rogers OP   Man 27 weeks ago

Portland

I have gone ahead and purchased one on amazon for 249 squid. I will post on here if it keeps my 2 leisure batteries topped up over 12.8 volts after the solar is no longer generating power.

By *ushandkittyCouple 27 weeks ago

Gloucester

Email dale vince at ecotricity, he had this thought many years ago sat in his caravan with a fellow fabber, now he's a multimillionaire after pursuing and expanding the matter.

By *ylon big spurterMan 26 weeks ago

Blennerhasset

If you look on YouTube there is a guy there

tnT, talking and thinking, he has a couple of channels, he does a lot of work looking at 5-12v wind turbines, including step by step how to build them.

He is a very interesting guy.

Hope this helps

» Add a new message to this topic