FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > Chatroom legibility

Chatroom legibility

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aron_Tentakuru OP   Man  over a year ago

Exeter

It gets really hard to follow a room when every line of text is in a different colour and text format, futhermore different posters may use the same style and colour, maiing it even more confusing.

Would it not be a lot less headache inducing to swap it so the poster has control over the appearance of their username, but the message text itself remains normal?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 06/04/20 04:43:30]

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Eastbourne

The whole point of diffo colours, fonts etc is to make easier to spot who you're talking to. Just my opinion

Also if you want admin to provide that option are you willing to pay more for it, just wondering?

Exeter

"Eastbourne

The whole point of diffo colours, fonts etc is to make easier to spot who you're talking to. Just my opinion

Also if you want admin to provide that option are you willing to pay more for it, just wondering?"

The user names would still be different colours. It's how most chat clients ha e been formatted for the last decades of online chat.

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

I find it much easier the way it is than if all chat was the same colour, that would be much more confusing, and I'd probably be less likely to use it.

Exeter

I'm just thinking about every single IRC chat program etc I've ever used. The user has control over the appearance of their username and the text remains the same, ie quickly legible.

I'm sure other people's opinions will vary but I am a very fast, accurate reader but being in a busy chat room on here, it's breaking my head trying to work out who is posting in pink italic vs pink regular vs pink bold. Then someone comes in with light green text that is all but illegible until someone asks them to change. I can only imagine how people with dyslexia or even just bad eyesight must cope.

Combine that with the fact that whenever someone posts a new comment to the chat the window snaps to the bottom again so if you're trying to scroll through the last couple of minutes of text to catch up after stepping away for a moment, even that is nigh on impossible. And then because the usernames are all the same size and colour it still makes it hard to match a name to the posting style.

I realise the fact the rooms are all a lot more busy than usual must be making matters worse but it seems to me that sorting one or two small usability/accessibility/quality of life niggles would result in a much better chat experience overall.

At the same time, what I'm suggesting is hardly revolutionary, it's how most places do it, because it's what works.

Exeter

"Eastbourne

if you want admin to provide that option are you willing to pay more for it, just wondering?"

Hey, I'm already a Gold supporter and have been contributing to the site financially for at least a year so I don't see why that's even a question.

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 07/04/20 17:10:13]

By *lixir of lifeMan  over a year ago

knob Creek

Your wasting your time asking for anything on here to change or be updated..

And as for cost ??

There are a lot of site supporters on here ..

Not much seems to be re invested

» Add a new message to this topic