FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > Why are people allowed to view your cam without you knowing?

Why are people allowed to view your cam without you knowing?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Does anyone know? And I'm talking about even with clicking the eye icon, people can still view your cam they just wont show up on there

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Because that's how chat works......

"Because that's how chat works...... "

That's not really an answer is it?? How is that fair that you dont even know who's viewing your cam

"Because that's how chat works......

That's not really an answer is it?? How is that fair that you dont even know who's viewing your cam"

It is an answer,and you never asked if it was fair

"Does anyone know? And I'm talking about even with clicking the eye icon, people can still view your cam they just wont show up on there"

Hang on...

You can set the settings:

Privacy

Then the heading

Chat

Option is there to switch on or off - people who view but don't show in the room.

"Does anyone know? And I'm talking about even with clicking the eye icon, people can still view your cam they just wont show up on there

Hang on...

Privacy

Then the heading

Chat

Option is there to switch on or off - people who view but don't show in the room. "

I don't think thats the same thing, that's for people who view a full room

I'm talking about when the room isn't full, people can still view your cam and it won't show

"Does anyone know? And I'm talking about even with clicking the eye icon, people can still view your cam they just wont show up on there

Hang on...

Privacy

Then the heading

Chat

Option is there to switch on or off - people who view but don't show in the room.

I don't think thats the same thing, that's for people who view a full room

I'm talking about when the room isn't full, people can still view your cam and it won't show"

Oh well your definition isn't familar to me or its the way you are describing it, that doesn't make sense....

Either way, nothing is fool proof and you can't monitor everything. If it's discretion you are bothered about, don't show your face.

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple  over a year ago

luton

If we find someone viewing are cam that we don't want to, we just block, a little eye icon comes up so you can see who is viewing

"If we find someone viewing are cam that we don't want to, we just block, a little eye icon comes up so you can see who is viewing"

This is what I'm saying, there are people who won't have that icon pop up who are still viewing your cam

By *aron_TentakuruMan  over a year ago

Exeter

It does strike me as a bit of an odd bug that you know who is viewing only if they are in the same room as you but once you leave a room to go to another you have no real idea who is still able to see or not.

"It does strike me as a bit of an odd bug that you know who is viewing only if they are in the same room as you but once you leave a room to go to another you have no real idea who is still able to see or not. "

Right I get it now..

Thanks for making it clearer...

"It does strike me as a bit of an odd bug that you know who is viewing only if they are in the same room as you but once you leave a room to go to another you have no real idea who is still able to see or not.

Right I get it now..

Thanks for making it clearer... "

I meant even when you're in the same room as them, there are users who can view your cam and won't show under the eye icon

What you was talking about earlier, was even when a room is full site supporters can still view the cams in the room, the option you was talking about was about blocking them from doing that

"It does strike me as a bit of an odd bug that you know who is viewing only if they are in the same room as you but once you leave a room to go to another you have no real idea who is still able to see or not.

Right I get it now..

Thanks for making it clearer...

I meant even when you're in the same room as them, there are users who can view your cam and won't show under the eye icon

What you was talking about earlier, was even when a room is full site supporters can still view the cams in the room, the option you was talking about was about blocking them from doing that"

I think there is a glitch that occurs sometimes when the viewer has you on big cam rather than in their cam dock. Then they may not always have the eye icon showing. It's not as far as I am aware an intentional feature and doesnt happen every time someone uses big cam.

baron has made it clearer to me...

If you're confident enough to jump on cam are you bothered whos watching?

"If you're confident enough to jump on cam are you bothered whos watching? "
im allowed to block whoever i feel like

that's like me saying if you're confident enough in your sexuality why are you bothered about who messages you? Get rid of filters

I dunno how bad it is for you but some of the guys have I've told no for 60/70 messages. And im nowt special. I only blocked em yesterday cos it was too much. I can imagine you'd get mithered a lot more than me.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I don't that is how it works, everyone who is viewing you should show on the eye icon, why do you think they don't?

By *na WintersTV/TS  over a year ago

woodford halse

Yeah wait.... How do you know they are viewing your cam, if the icon doesn't show?

Short of them saying "you are wearing *insert clothes description here*" you have no way of knowing.

That is what happens, I was on cam not showing anything and someone send in the chat "get your cock out" but didn't see the person with an eye icon under the eye icon

Also had someone poke me when my cam was on, and yes that one is more vague but why would you poke someone if you wasn't viewing their cam?

By *na WintersTV/TS  over a year ago

woodford halse

"That is what happens, I was on cam not showing anything and someone send in the chat "get your cock out" but didn't see the person with an eye icon under the eye icon

Also had someone poke me when my cam was on, and yes that one is more vague but why would you poke someone if you wasn't viewing their cam?"

For the first point, is it at all possible they were speaking to somebody else? And not you, many people sit there doing nothing on cam.

And as for the second point, you know people do click the wrong buttons from time to time right? People can't be perfect all the time.

By *eoff2000Man  over a year ago

Ferndown

If it concerns you that much, simple answer is not to cam in the first place.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"That is what happens, I was on cam not showing anything and someone send in the chat "get your cock out" but didn't see the person with an eye icon under the eye icon

Also had someone poke me when my cam was on, and yes that one is more vague but why would you poke someone if you wasn't viewing their cam?"

Are you sure they were talking to you? People poke others whether they have their cam on or not

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan  over a year ago

Was you chatting in the room ? or did someone mention your cam ?, A lot of people make random comments in chat it could of been one of them moments,

As for someone poking you, I've poked loads of people by mistake when I've meant to poke someone else or trying to block someone and the list of people jumps, I think if someone big cams you it doesn't show up as well

Maybe this lifestyle isn't for you OP.

I started my journey when I a bit younger then you and I had lots of other worries and lists of no. Now nearly of those have gone.

Maybe don't cam.

Maybe I’m missing something? You are in a cam chat room with a camera on and your worried someone is looking at you? If you are that bothered use you cameras cover or turn it off? The point is you are in a cam chat room, people are going to look at you if you have a cam. Am I missing something?

"I don't that is how it works, everyone who is viewing you should show on the eye icon, why do you think they don't?"

It is how it works and it has been brought up numerous times before.

When someone has you on big cam (without also being in the docked cams at the bottom) or is watching whilst in a different room they do not show as viewing you.

There has been lots of times where people pm and make reference to what i am doing on cam and/or try to direct but they are not on the list.

Another problem with this is when you are camming and the person veiwing you 'dissapears' but actually they have just moved you to big cam and then ask why you have stopped performing.

Also, when moving between rooms you find the people viewing you as they immediately show in the veiwing list when you enter the room.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I must have missed the bringing up of it.

In which case OP, it seems it could be when the person makes your cam larger as to why you may not see the eye sign. I will ask Admin is it a bug.

The poking can happen whether you are on cam or not, if you don't want people poking you , you can switch them off, it tells you how to do it on this link.

https://www.fabswingers.com/articles/NewChat

Yes, they were talking to me as the specifically mentioned me by name. Thanks to the ppl who mentioned it’s a bug with making cams larger

For anyone else making comments like don’t cam I’ve addressed that already