FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > what are the chat rooms for?

what are the chat rooms for?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ok, it sounds like an obvious answer to a easy question, but if I can talk about why I use the chat and what I am finding of late.

I use the chat to talk to people I have a friendship with. I enjoy the banter and laughs with the people I know. I use the northwest room and in general its a pretty friendly place. Of late the rooms seems to be totally full of directors and random guys who either come out with offensive cheesey chat up lines or constant pressure to "meet now", "chat on msn" or to fulfill some fantasy that they have with their sex life.

This to me comes to what the essence of what swinging is. I dont believe its about sex or "just sex", to me its about having adult fun with FRIENDS. The guys who are on here who are obviously looking and harrasing others for "quickies" in my honest opinion are the guys who arnt swingers, more like cheaters.

In my honest opinion cant we just ignore these people. The chat rooms are meant to be a social fun part of fab, but instead we are allowing random horny guys to turning the rooms into meat markets which are pretty unpleasant.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

well said dear xxxx

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

The chat rooms are for how you want to use them. If people want to use them to banter with friends, great, if people want to use them to arrange meets, great....whatever floats your boat really.

To the comment...."In my honest opinion cant we just ignore these people."....yes, if you use the block button you don't get to see their chat.

"

To the comment...."In my honest opinion cant we just ignore these people."....yes, if you use the block button you don't get to see their chat. "

A bit glib of a reply to my post when I am talking about random wankers who dominate the chat room with their pathetic crude chat up lines and pestering. As myself blocking them does not mean that every one else won't be busy trying to fend off their "lines"

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"

To the comment...."In my honest opinion cant we just ignore these people."....yes, if you use the block button you don't get to see their chat.

A bit glib of a reply to my post when I am talking about random wankers who dominate the chat room with their pathetic crude chat up lines and pestering. As myself blocking them does not mean that every one else won't be busy trying to fend off their "lines""

What are you proposing?

Admin x

Forum Mod

O o O oo

It isn't a glib reply....it is my honest answer....if you or others don't like another persons chat then the block button is there to use. ...unless you are implying booting them off the site?

Of course if they are breaking chat rules then report the profile, but if they are doing the same as you, ie using the chatroom for what you are here for, then I am not sure why they can't use it how they wish, just like you are?

Let me paint you a picture.

Imagine you sitting in a pub having a laugh with a group of friends and a gang of 10 horny guys come over and start saying, "can you get your tits out" "can you look at my pics of my cock" "your really pretty, I would live to cum on your face" "fancy coming round to mine between 2 and 4 tomorrow" "I have a 8inch cock" "I wanna fuck you all night long".

Me sticking my fingers in my ears and pretending that they are no longer there does not mean that they are no longer there. The conversation has now changed to people saying "no thanks" or even "fuck off" when in reality the best thing for everyone to do is just to ignore.

Unless you fancy getting shagged by some guy with the social skills of a ferrel cat and a wife at home

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Let me paint you a picture.

Imagine you sitting in a pub having a laugh with a group of friends and a gang of 10 horny guys come over and start saying, "can you get your tits out" "can you look at my pics of my cock" "your really pretty, I would live to cum on your face" "fancy coming round to mine between 2 and 4 tomorrow" "I have a 8inch cock" "I wanna fuck you all night long".

Me sticking my fingers in my ears and pretending that they are no longer there does not mean that they are no longer there. The conversation has now changed to people saying "no thanks" or even "fuck off" when in reality the best thing for everyone to do is just to ignore.

Unless you fancy getting shagged by some guy with the social skills of a ferrel cat and a wife at home"

This is a description of your view of how chat currently is. What do you want to see in chat and what would need to happen to make it thus?

Admin x

"

A bit glib of a reply to my post when I am talking about random wankers who dominate the chat room with their pathetic crude chat up lines and pestering. As myself blocking them does not mean that every one else won't be busy trying to fend off their "lines""

If someone annoys me in chat, I just block.. I go on chat MOSTLY to chat to friends.. but sometimes I use it to find a quick fuck.

The guys will say things.. but I tend to stay out of the directing rooms, unless we want me directed..

I find that the chat room mods do a very good job of kicking offenders out.

I will also when I get fed up, just put my pm to friends only.

I think that chat works very well with a room that suits everyone.

Cali

"

This is a description of your view of how chat currently is. What do you want to see in chat and what would need to happen to make it thus?

Admin x"

Unfortunately they are not breaking any rules, they are just being pains in the arse. You can't ban them for having little manners and low intelligence. Just wishfull thinking that we all can ignore them but to be honest some girls seem to enjoy the attention as long as they are getting some.

I am seriously considering leaving fab because of this, I can no longer enjoy talking to friends on there.

Unless you fancy getting shagged by some guy with the social skills of a ferrel cat and a wife at home"

Thing is if you block them and any others block them that don't like it they will soon get fed up talking to themselves. There will always be people who like that sort of chat as they use the site one way and others use it another neither of which is wrong. Use the tools we have been given how you want to and let others do the same.

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

I dont understand why the block button wont resolve your issue? After blocking them which takes a nano second you will never see the individual again and they won't know you are even in the room

"I dont understand why the block button wont resolve your issue? After blocking them which takes a nano second you will never see the individual again and they won't know you are even in the room "

By *b430Man  over a year ago

Tayside

"

but to be honest some girls seem to enjoy the attention as long as they are getting some.

"

You kind of hit the nail on the head there with - "some girls seem to enjoy the attention"

What you like won't be the same as what others like and there would be no way of getting everyone to chat about "your topics"!

Master posting

I dont use chat much at all because im an unsociable git mainly, however, I think that the chat is there for everyone to use as they please, perhaps the op should get all his pals to add him / her to MSN and chat in peace there, that way you wont need to look at chat from those you think are beneath you and the rest of Fab can get on with chatting in the chat room. I also dont see why you cant use the block button as its a simple and effective way of not seeing people you dont want to see, right im off to the chat rooms to perv some females..........

In Your Bush

"Master posting

I dont use chat much at all because im an unsociable git mainly, however, I think that the chat is there for everyone to use as they please, perhaps the op should get all his pals to add him / her to MSN and chat in peace there, that way you wont need to look at chat from those you think are beneath you and the rest of Fab can get on with chatting in the chat room. I also dont see why you cant use the block button as its a simple and effective way of not seeing people you dont want to see, right im off to the chat rooms to perv some females.........."

Don't forget to tell them how long your cock is....

Forum Mod

O o O oo

No, but then we don't arrange meets in chat anyway....but I am guessing as you say in another post that there are people in chat who like this sort of attention.

Yes to your comment of "when in reality the best thing for everyone to do is just to ignore".....which can be achieved by using a block button to save anyone reading this kind of chat if they don't want to see it.

"I dont understand why the block button wont resolve your issue? After blocking them which takes a nano second you will never see the individual again and they won't know you are even in the room "

I must be really tolerant cause they don't bother me and we get loads in miss chat cause we gotta right naughty nymphette who is always derobing, the room will fill from 50 to 150 in no time, only problem is I take too long reading replies and miss things!!!! I always say the world would be a boring place if we were all the same!!

By *ishopstippleMan  over a year ago

Purley

removed for brevity

What makes you think they have wives ?

unless she a blow up one

Such a good question i often wonder what the chats for. Seems any a go in there no many chatting .Just random text on a board no conversations at all

How possible would it be to allow people to create and host their own rooms? Private, invite only or even hidden.

Probably far harder than i imagine.

Would I be right in thinking that sort of thing would solve your problem?

In Your Bush

"How possible would it be to allow people to create and host their own rooms? Private, invite only or even hidden.

Would I be right in thinking that sort of thing would solve your problem?"

I have seen that on other sites but they were dedicated chat sites

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I have seen it happen on other sites and it ends up a closed shop....no one ever makes new friends/ contacts as no one can get in to get noticed.

"How possible would it be to allow people to create and host their own rooms? Private, invite only or even hidden.

Would I be right in thinking that sort of thing would solve your problem?"

One could use MSN for that…. add everyone to MSN, start a convo and add those online to the same convo.

I do agree that the chat rooms can be full of the 'i want to spunk on ya tits' lines and indeed many women seem to crave the attention from this.

I do also think that some just like to moan and if they block lots of people in chat then they will have nothing to moan about.

Steve

Good points about it becoming like a closed shop and using man instead.

Didn't think that far along...

" This is a description of your view of how chat currently is. What do you want to see in chat and what would need to happen to make it thus?

Admin x"

My suggestion would be to add a 'meet now/meet soon' chatroom (to be subdivided regionally when/if demand requires it). This would be a good place to go, for those who are only interested in meeting, not chatting. This would also mean that the 'chat-now-maybe-meet-later' peeps could laugh and banter in the general rooms, without having to watch peeps being hassled.

I'm guessing that the 'meet now/meet soon' peeps (70% guys ) are fewer than the 'chat-and-banter-maybe-meet-later' peeps. But if I'm wrong, then switch it around, and have a "I'll only meet you if I like you" chatroom

By *rs and mr sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

Boldon

" This is a description of your view of how chat currently is. What do you want to see in chat and what would need to happen to make it thus?

Admin x

My suggestion would be to add a 'meet now/meet soon' chatroom (to be subdivided regionally when/if demand requires it). This would be a good place to go, for those who are only interested in meeting, not chatting. This would also mean that the 'chat-now-maybe-meet-later' peeps could laugh and banter in the general rooms, without having to watch peeps being hassled.

I'm guessing that the 'meet now/meet soon' peeps (70% guys ) are fewer than the 'chat-and-banter-maybe-meet-later' peeps. But if I'm wrong, then switch it around, and have a "I'll only meet you if I like you" chatroom "

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Great knickers

By *empnbunkCouple  over a year ago

south coast

Must admit I do get put off goin in chatroom nowadays ..really cant be bothered most of the time due to the vast amount of single guys( for instance) went in the other week and counted 8 fems, 21 couples ,5tv's and over 100 single guys room was full up and I couldnt chat until someone left(could only watch chat) i'm not saying they shouldnt be allowed in as alot of the guys are great and I know a few but surely there has to be a compromise solution somewhere btw this was the scottishroom

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"Great knickers "
Unusually, she's changed them!!

Boldon

"Great knickers Unusually, she's changed them!! "

OI! I resemble that remark!

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

"Great knickers Unusually, she's changed them!! "

even more unusual shes got some on

Boldon

"Great knickers "

Rugby - the looking FAB knickers are available at the shop that likes to check change in back pocket - very reasonably priced too!

Boldon

"Great knickers Unusually, she's changed them!!

even more unusual shes got some on "

Don't you start!!!

I totally agree with JJ --- Why is it ppl assume just cos we're on a Swingers Site - dont mean i have to get me bits out on cam or settle for any guy throwing himself at me.

I got standards - I aint a Slapper

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Great knickers

Rugby - the looking FAB knickers are available at the shop that likes to check change in back pocket - very reasonably priced too! "

lol really? I wonder if the buyer for the shop in is on here

» Add a new message to this topic