FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > Laptop webcam FLASH issue

Laptop webcam FLASH issue

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ccasionalcpl101 OP   Couple  over a year ago

The Garden of Eden

I have been trying to get my built in webcam to work on my laptop for the last hour. GGRRRRRRR I'm gone from horny to MAD....... Anyhow Flash is installed and enabled. Using google chrome has anyone else had the same issue xx..... HornylittleBITCH

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *tripper9Man  over a year ago

Blackburn

Yes, quite a few folk have been affected by this, Fab said that they were working on it, but some of these tips may help, Google Chrome browser is a better browser if you suddenly can’t get your cam to work in Fab, if there is a lock symbol near the web address, click it and make sure that flash player and cams (and microphones) are allowed, refresh the screen, check your cam settings at the top right of your screen if it still hasn’t let you in, make sure that the permissions are allowed, you may have to do this each time you log in, but you should be able to cam using these settings.

By *ccasionalcpl101 OP   Couple  over a year ago

The Garden of Eden

"Yes, quite a few folk have been affected by this, Fab said that they were working on it, but some of these tips may help, Google Chrome browser is a better browser if you suddenly can’t get your cam to work in Fab, if there is a lock symbol near the web address, click it and make sure that flash player and cams (and microphones) are allowed, refresh the screen, check your cam settings at the top right of your screen if it still hasn’t let you in, make sure that the permissions are allowed, you may have to do this each time you log in, but you should be able to cam using these settings. "

Thanks for reply I’m actually a IT nerd so had done all the above it’s something else that’s blocking. Could always go an unconventional route to gain access hehe (Joking)

By * mile from the toonMan  over a year ago

NE5

Try using microsoft edge then go to settings and site permissions, enable flash then use the above instructions back on fab with padlock then select allow. On the right hand site another blocker will appear but select this and then allow. Refresh page then follow the instructions for the webcam by enabling it.

By * mile from the toonMan  over a year ago

NE5

Try using microsoft edge then go to settings and site permissions, enable flash then use the above instructions back on fab with padlock then select allow. On the right hand site another blocker will appear but select this and then allow. Refresh page then follow the instructions for the webcam by enabling it.

By *r imp miss minxCouple  over a year ago

Colchester

Technophobes here so probably wrong but it might be something to do with Apple not allowing flash as flash has been dropped by adobe. I’m on a MacBook and it just will not load up. Another chap on here has the same problem.

By *rFahrenheitMan  over a year ago

Kirkcaldy

"Technophobes here so probably wrong but it might be something to do with Apple not allowing flash as flash has been dropped by adobe. I’m on a MacBook and it just will not load up. Another chap on here has the same problem. "

Correct, starting from Safari version 14 (released this week), Safari no longer supports Flash, as documented on https://developer.apple.com. It is not possible to even manually install Flash. Google Chrome for Mac still works, until December 2020.

By *atthew RichardsMan  over a year ago

J13 of the M5

On my version of Windows 10 Edge and Chrome block Flash.

Works fine on Firefox though.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I use my lap top for work and don't want install this app on my laptop

Dose this web-site works on any tablets and which one anyone recomonds

By *nardriMan  over a year ago

Radisson

"Technophobes here so probably wrong but it might be something to do with Apple not allowing flash as flash has been dropped by adobe. I’m on a MacBook and it just will not load up. Another chap on here has the same problem.

Correct, starting from Safari version 14 (released this week), Safari no longer supports Flash, as documented on https://developer.apple.com. It is not possible to even manually install Flash. Google Chrome for Mac still works, until December 2020."

\

so is this why i can't show my cam?

im on mac book pro

i can view cams

By *ocusMan  over a year ago

Cambridge

Yes. You can use Chrometo stream your cam.

When you go to the cam page click the padlock icon left of the address ar. You’ll have to “allow” flash and reload the page. You might get a plug-in blocked message on the top right hand side of the browser. Click it and allow again. Then start the cam. There may be some more “allow” prompts but it works in the end.

By *outhcoastcpleCouple  over a year ago

chichester

Firefox works perfectly with Flash installed

Nope, edge/chrome/Firefox all seem to work. Have to reload the page a couple of times to get it to recognise my plug in cam over the built in but that’s it really

By *efinitely Maybe 94Couple  over a year ago

South Lincolnshire

We tried number of times today to get cam working on laptop for bit of chatroom fun to no avail.

Been on nearly 3 years & still phones option is very limited still claiming all tome being on trails by admins.

Really feel about time improvements on the site were made especially with Covid showing no decline putting real meets on hold.

had same problem,shows cam working and icon but nobody can see it,was working ok sat till night time and didnt,been same last cple of days.we can see our cam but nobody else

had same problem,shows cam working and icon but nobody can see it,was working ok sat till night time and didnt,been same last cple of days.we can see our cam but nobody else

By *urham 3 riversMan  over a year ago

Co. Durham

there is no lock in the heading when I enter the chat room !!!!!!!!!!!

where has it gone ?

By *oss.Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Hello

Can anyone help please. I have a MacBook and obviously as Adobe doesn’t work on mac anymore I downloaded chrome but my webcam shows up as blurry colour, a bit like white noise. It does the same on Microsoft also and on Firefox doesn’t pick up my cam. Is anyone able to help?

By *ribsaMan  over a year ago

A box at end of your bed

Flash is no longer supported by most if not all web browsers as of this month.

By *urham 3 riversMan  over a year ago

Co. Durham

Safari did work on here for all of two days and it was great but like others I am in the dark

I do not have this problem on other sites so come on Fabswings please sort it out !!!!!!!!!

By *nkidutuMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

So how do you get the webcam working if all the browsers and rejecting it...what then?Is there no alternative?

By *lueeyes20thMan  over a year ago

Sale

ADOBE are ending Flash Player at the end of 2020. Most websites have already reconfigured so users don't need it. Not sure what Fab is planning. I'm trying to find out.

By *ilberryMan  over a year ago

Scarborough

"Technophobes here so probably wrong but it might be something to do with Apple not allowing flash as flash has been dropped by adobe. I’m on a MacBook and it just will not load up. Another chap on here has the same problem. "

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"I'm trying to find out."
To save you having to scroll down the forum:

https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/chat-discuss/1085794

» Add a new message to this topic