FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > Chatrooms

Chatrooms

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ORNY_PAIR4U OP   Couple  over a year ago

Notts

Hi,since flash player has stopped we are having nothing but trouble when we enter the chat rooms.As soon as we enter our pc becomes slow and webcam works for about 2 minutes then we get No remote video available.The only way to get it working again is to completely close chrome and re-log in again.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's becoming more and more unusable, i agree. There not a single can I've tried to look at that's loaded today

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS  over a year ago

London&Dublin

I'm not IT expert, but I agree that my PC seems to be working harder when logging in the chat room and watching the cams.

However the images are quite stable I think. If you look at the popular cams (red cams), they are like "on" for hours.

By *my EastwoodTV/TS  over a year ago

Somewherefaraway

[Removed by poster at 24/01/21 12:28:20]

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

We're using an old win 8.1 laptop and and aren't having any issues at all with viewing cams.

By *aggis100Man  over a year ago

hawick

cant use my cam at all was working but stopped it is up to fab to make it compatible for everyone it since sites are encouraged not to use flash anymore its meant to be html or something like that more secure but seems not sorted mines just says cam not switched on which it is and plug in flash not working only fab can sort this by upgrading they knew for along time this was coming

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

"cant use my cam at all was working but stopped it is up to fab to make it compatible for everyone it since sites are encouraged not to use flash anymore its meant to be html or something like that more secure but seems not sorted mines just says cam not switched on which it is and plug in flash not working only fab can sort this by upgrading they knew for along time this was coming "

This site is now using webRTC. You haven't stated what you're using but on a PC when you enter chat, the camera and mic you have connected to it should be automatically detected and you should be given the option to allow or deny them. After allowing you just need to click the camera icon in the 'your camera' box which is on the top right of the screen.

By *utonguy2023Man  over a year ago

luton

Rather annoying being a old i pad user and unable to update software no more.can no longer broadcast as does not supprt web rtc i think a more generic useable platform is required.

By *aggis100Man  over a year ago

hawick

i am using laptop windows 10 says my camera not connected to site i have checked made sure its allowed its been issue since flash has finished it worked to start with but doesnt work anymore it should be far easier than this for cam to work

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS  over a year ago

London&Dublin

" i am using laptop windows 10 says my camera not connected to site i have checked made sure its allowed its been issue since flash has finished it worked to start with but doesnt work anymore it should be far easier than this for cam to work "

You are right.

It should detect it easily.

Have you checked the version of your browser?

Can you try click the small cam icon on the right side of the address bar, next to the "bookmark star" icon?

Somewherefaraway

Hi

One thing that could stop your camera on windows 10, if you are having problems is a different app using the camera.

For example, without an emulator, you can only run one cam application at a time, so say you have skype open and it's using the camera on a call, that would stop fab from detecting it because it's being used.

There are ways around this.

Regards

Amy

Somewherefaraway

[Removed by poster at 03/02/21 02:50:24]

Somewherefaraway

P.s

Windows 10 includes a special service monitoring proper work of applications and connected devices, which tries to install drivers automatically every time a user connected a device, and this is usually enough to ensure that it works as expected. However, sometimes the driver installation fails and the device may not work correctly. Sometimes you may have to download a new driver installation package from the official website of the webcam manufacturer and install the drivers on your own.

Before it comes to that, you can try updating the camera’s current drivers with Device Manager.

press the key sequence Windows key + X to open the context menu, and choose Device Manager from the list. (you should be looking for imaging devices)

Good luck

» Add a new message to this topic