FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > directing

directing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

is asking a party for better lighting really directing.............i think the moderators ought to have some type of intelligence and training. if a phone canvasseur asks a question about wether your windows are adequate, is this an obscene phone call.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *obinhood-maidmarionCouple  over a year ago

NORTH NOTTS

age old discussion, everyone can see it apart from the mods for some daft reason.

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

"is asking a party for better lighting really directing.............i think the moderators ought to have some type of intelligence and training. if a phone canvasseur asks a question about wether your windows are adequate, is this an obscene phone call.

"

the short answer is yes as far as the rules go

asking for any thing in chat is counted as directing.

really its no differern`t to asking to move the camera or show better

NORTH NOTTS

i was led to believe that "asking" is different from telling.

surely "telling" is directing and "asking" is not

for instance

(asking) "would it be possible for you to put the light on so we can see you better"

(telling) "hey baby put your light on so i can see your tits"

no your not telling me there is no significant difference here?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you have an issue with a mods decision u need to report the mod....

NORTH NOTTS

we certainly dont have a problem with the moderators as such, infact when we used to frequent the chat rooms we got on great with most of them.

however we rarely chat in the chat rooms now because the "directing" issue is in our opinion totally wrong, no fault really of the mods, after all they are following orders, but what we found was some directing got warnings, others got banned for less.

mods dont have to warn.....some do....some dont

mods are human...they are not paid....and to be fair a ban isn't life or death lol.....

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"i was led to believe that "asking" is different from telling.

for instance

(asking) "would it be possible for you to put the light on so we can see you better"

no your not telling me there is no significant difference here?"

http://www.fabswingers.com/webchat/rules

4.You may not direct people on cam to do something in particular, apart from in the Directing Room which is for people who want comments and to be told what to do. To be clear, directing can include suggesting or asking e.g. "could I see your tits?" is considered directing just as "show us your tits" is.

dammm just seen this thread lol

"i was led to believe that "asking" is different from telling.

for instance

no your not telling me there is no significant difference here?

http://www.fabswingers.com/webchat/rules

4.You may not direct people on cam to do something in particular, apart from in the Directing Room which is for people who want comments and to be told what to do. To be clear, directing can include suggesting or asking e.g. "could I see your tits?" is considered directing just as "show us your tits" is."

But surely - a) 'go to the directing room' or b) 'could you please go to the directing room?' - is in itself a form of directing? (If you want to be pedantic)

I used to be a mod on another site, and a little bit of logic helps, because people do get caught up in the moment, or simply forget the rules - one warning is fair, as a gentle reminder, and if they persist, its a ban. The rules (and rooms) are there to help you enjoy the experience

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

lol and thats the problem the mods have, people being pedantic about the rules

I agree with you though, the mods are there to help you enjoy the chat and mostly thats what will happen.

Most of the time mods will give a reminder ( I think thats a better word than warning ) that it is a no directing room before they ban but to be fair, you can't give a reminder to every person directing if lots are at once and there are a lot of people who ignore that too.

There are then those who direct knowing they might get a reminder first before a ban.

I am guessing you have probably gathered all that you being a mod elsewhere....either way, if people don't direct/ask or suggest in a no directing room they won't be banned at all.

By *uby In StockingsTV/TS  over a year ago

Cheadle

there are 5 rooms dedicated to directors, if you want to suggest things to people then they are the places to go, the general chat rooms are supposed to be a safe haven where you aren't hassled, or maybe I am wrong???, xxx

"there are 5 rooms dedicated to directors, if you want to suggest things to people then they are the places to go, the general chat rooms are supposed to be a safe haven where you aren't hassled, or maybe I am wrong???, xxx "

well said ruby chat rooms is just that CHATTING asking/enticing/telling is for directing rooms which there are aplenty on here lol

mind you if a cam is dark all ya got to say is .....name.... havent you paid your electric bill lately now that is not enticing, asking, or directing but the cammer knows what ya mean and a comment like that doesnt upset the normal chatters

Chicken and egg isnt it....if they are for Chatting....then why have cams there with people flashing their bits, why dont they simply use directing rooms too....

NORTH NOTTS

i think some of you are miss understanding the op's thread, they are not suggesting directing should be allowed.

they are suggesting that "directing" is mis interpeted by the mods, so the issue here is not which room to use but the actual interpretation of directing.

I agree that if someone blatantly directs they should be warned first, then if they overstep again they should be banned, however some "directing" that people get warned for isnt actually directing.

For instance a friend of ours responded to a question the other day, said user asked the whole room "should i wear the green dress or black dress"

Our friend posted in the room to wear the black dress and promptly got banned.

No warning, nothing,

moments later another user said something a little more crude and directed yet got a warning (cant remember exactly what was posted but along the lines of bend over and take my 8")

This is the issue we have with the chatrooms, inconsistancy and interpetations.

Now clearly the mods are unpaid and do a great job on the whole, and i do guess its down to each individual mod to interpret how they wish.

This is why we feel a "report" button in the chatroom would be a great idea, if someone directs and the recipient fells its a violation they can click the report button for the mods to act, I dare say that no one would click the "report" button if someone answered a question.

By *radleyandRavenCouple  over a year ago

Herts

"Chicken and egg isnt it....if they are for Chatting....then why have cams there with people flashing their bits, why dont they simply use directing rooms too...."

Because some people prefer to show things at their own pace and in their own time. I can't stand people trying to direct me on cam, hence I don't go in the directing rooms.

If people are new or shy, constant requests to show more than you're comfortable with can make people feel pressured and/or inadequate, which is why I will often report or tell people off myself if I see someone is being harassed in a non-directing room. - You often find it's why a lot of women won't go on cam and then you get the usual culprits moaning when it's a sausage fest. x

Herts

Sorry, I know I went off topic there. I do agree that some Mods interpret things wrongly. However, any request, whether asking or telling, is still directing in my opinion. Obviously I have the right to say no or just ignore it, but I don't think I should have to.

Mind you, if I had my way, people would get warnings/bans for the repeated "watch my cam" messages aswell. God, I'm a mardy Bitch, aren't I? x

NORTH NOTTS

but you have hit the nail on the head there amy.

is "watch my cam" not directing? but as you say, it seems to go un noticed.

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

In my opinion, asking for better lighting IS directing as why else would you want more light? To be able to see more of the person/s on cam.

As a chat mod, I have banned people for their continued request for people to watch their cams. It interrupts the room when they continually repeat themselves.

Yes, i'm probably guilty of misinterpreting the rules but we are only human after all. As long as admin believe i'm doing a decent job then that's good enough for me. If I wasn't them I'm sure I would hear from them, or at worst lose my *.

NORTH NOTTS

you all do a great jon lill and larry, i dont think many will disagree. The point we are making is (its a bit like a football referee) the rules are black and white which in reality isnt practical, but they also have to be interpreted by many different people in different ways which is where inconsistancy comes in.

but keep up the good work x

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

I think the directing one is pretty clear tbh.

"You may not direct people on cam to do something in particular, apart from in the Directing Room which is for people who want comments and to be told what to do. To be clear, directing can include suggesting or asking e.g. "could I see your tits?" is considered directing just as "show us your tits" is."

You cannot ask someone on cam to something. Be that pull a silly face, put the light on, show tits etc.

Directing isn't just about getting someone to do something rude imo.

Herts

"Directing isn't just about getting someone to do something rude imo."

Agreed. x

NORTH NOTTS

"In my opinion, asking for better lighting IS directing as why else would you want more light? To be able to see more of the person/s on cam.

As a chat mod, I have banned people for their continued request for people to watch their cams. It interrupts the room when they continually repeat themselves.

Yes, i'm probably guilty of misinterpreting the rules but we are only human after all. As long as admin believe i'm doing a decent job then that's good enough for me. If I wasn't them I'm sure I would hear from them, or at worst lose my *."

now im seriously confused, on a seperate thread you wrote and i quote

""look at my cam" isn't directing. Directing is classed as asking someone to do or show something on cam.

so ASKING for better lighting is directing but TELLING someone to view your cam isnt?

Look mods, It may seem like we have a beef with you all but we dont, seriously we think you do a stirling job in the circumstances, but its those circumstances that need addressing in our opinion.

1 minute the rules are black and white, the next they are open to interpretations, 1 minute the mods will apply the rules, the next they will warn.

Surely the amount of threads started on this subject is atleast enough for you all to have a conversation regarding wording or interpretations a little better.

no offence intended at all just very frustrated.

"In my opinion, asking for better lighting IS directing as why else would you want more light? To be able to see more of the person/s on cam.

Yes, i'm probably guilty of misinterpreting the rules but we are only human after all. As long as admin believe i'm doing a decent job then that's good enough for me. If I wasn't them I'm sure I would hear from them, or at worst lose my *.

now im seriously confused, on a seperate thread you wrote and i quote

""look at my cam" isn't directing. Directing is classed as asking someone to do or show something on cam.

so ASKING for better lighting is directing but TELLING someone to view your cam isnt?

Look mods, It may seem like we have a beef with you all but we dont, seriously we think you do a stirling job in the circumstances, but its those circumstances that need addressing in our opinion.

1 minute the rules are black and white, the next they are open to interpretations, 1 minute the mods will apply the rules, the next they will warn.

Surely the amount of threads started on this subject is atleast enough for you all to have a conversation regarding wording or interpretations a little better.

no offence intended at all just very frustrated.

"

Yes, it does look like you have a beef with mods….yes there a lot of threads about it… does dragging up an old thread to put forward your point just seem a tad OTT?

Anyway, mods go by the guidance given to them by the site owners. The mods have their own forum where questions can be asked when they are unsure and other mods can assist or get a final answer from the site owners.

The directing rules are quite clear IMO.

If, and only IF someone is on cam, and someone asks them to do something on cam, which could include (but not limited to) moving themselves, removing clothing, moving the cam to a new position, flashing bits of their body, it is all directing and will lead to a ban.

Asking someone to view a cam is NOT directing. Desperate yes, against the rules NO. However, like any action in the room, if it becomes disruptive, mods like myself will ban (after guiding the user in question). When people are banned for this, they are not banned under the 'directing' remit, they are banned under the 'mods descretion' "Any other behaviour which a moderator believes to be disruptive, offensive or otherwise inappropriate for this site."

You complain about mods understanding of the rules but you dont seem to understand them yourselves.

As I said before, its better if you direct all your issues to the Admin/Site owners as they are the ones that ultimately set the rules that the mods do their best to adhere too.

Take Care

Steve

NORTH NOTTS

thanks steve, we always appreciate your feedback, you always seem to construct them fairly and politely regardless of wether you feel the individual is right or wrong.

Sorry that it does seem we have a problem with the mods, we really really dont but we are dissapointed by the "directing" issues in chatroom which is something we used to really enjoy but cannot anymore.

however you have shed light on the mods point of views which we thank you for, however we do feel strongly still that other methods can be put in place to make it a happier place.

many thanks again

NORTH NOTTS

and granted steve, as we said, we dont really understand the rules ourselves but this is because there are so many interpretations (we think)

chhers

» Add a new message to this topic