FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > yorkshire chatroom

yorkshire chatroom

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *obinhood-maidmarion OP   Couple  over a year ago

NORTH NOTTS

not sure if its been asked for before but are there any plans to have a yorkshire chatroom?

currently we have a midlands chat and northern chat but no yorkshire room.

Yorkshire is the biggest county in britain after all

cheers

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

The combined population of the three counties that make up Yorkshire is approx 2,600,000. Greater Manchester a much smaller county has approx 2,500,000. Little Lancashire 1,500,000.

So although Yorkshire has the greatest area, it's population in comparison is much smaller.

It would be impossible to have a chat room for every County.

NORTH NOTTS

sorry i think you mis understood, we didnt mention having a chatroom for all counties, we only asked for a yorkshire chatroom.

Although thanks for taking the time to search the poppulations of certain counties, they bare no relevance on wether they should have a chatroom.

yorkshire geographically is the biggest county in england as in sq mile so having a yorkshire chatroom would help users chat to people at least in thier county, currently the midlands room is covering notts, brum, leicester, cov etc and the northern room covers lancs up to scotland.

people in and around yorkshire kind of fall between the 2

By *addy and shaunCouple  over a year ago

goole

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

God was a yorkshire man

"not sure if its been asked for before but are there any plans to have a yorkshire chatroom?

currently we have a midlands chat and northern chat but no yorkshire room.

Yorkshire is the biggest county in britain after all

cheers"

That would be a good. Idea. Can we have a Yorkshire chat room please. many thanks mike.

"The combined population of the three counties that make up Yorkshire is approx 2,600,000. Greater Manchester a much smaller county has approx 2,500,000. Little Lancashire 1,500,000.

So although Yorkshire has the greatest area, it's population in comparison is much smaller.

"

Can we have a sunderland,newcastle,hartlepool,oldham,widness,wigan.chester room plz think the northern chat covers the yorkshire ...ish room

"The combined population of the three counties that make up Yorkshire is approx 2,600,000. Greater Manchester a much smaller county has approx 2,500,000. Little Lancashire 1,500,000.

"

What has population got to do with the price of cheese? I'm presuming the OP is talking more about travelling distance than how many offspring you all have crammed in your back to backs

I can always see the theory behind peoples suggestions for new rooms like this but the reality of it is far different.

Whatever the room is named, people from all over the country will use it, depending on how full it is or how empty their 'normal room' is. That then, defeats the object.

Personally, I think that the more the rooms are split up, the more 'clique' the rooms become. A chat room is a chat room, to me, the clue is in the word 'Chat'. Its not there as a 'meet' room. You may see it different of course. Yes, meets are arranged through the chat room but I think most people are there to pass the time away with like minded adults. If a meet develops from it then great. Less people in a room, less chance of been good banter. No banter, people wont use it.

Steve

NORTH NOTTS

thanks steve for responding with constructive ideas, we do see totally your point however there are currently 2 rooms that hardly get used, would it not be a good idea to rename these with something more appealing to users to venture into it.

we said yorkshire chatroom as it is the biggest county and it would be a busy room im sure, however renaming them anything would be better than the 2 redundant rooms at present.

My view is similar to Steve's. I use the chat rooms to CHAT, not to arrange meets, and I don't want to see any unnecessary additional rooms, which would result in the Northern Chat Room being more fragmented. If there comes a day when 'Northern' is regularly full, then that would be the time to think about splitting the room.

I, for one, find it's great fun to chat to people from the Midlands to the borders of Scotland (and further afield), and I've made some good friends who live outside of Yorkshire (where I live). What I would support is replacing the 2 underused rooms with a 'meet today/meet soon' chat room - perhaps divided North and South - which would help those people who want to use the chat rooms to find meets.

But, as Steve says, there's nothing stopping people from choosing to chat in any room they like - i.e. the room that they find most appealing. I, for one, wouldn't use a Yorkshire Room, even though I live in Yorkshire, as I like to make friends from all over the country.

"My view is similar to Steve's. I use the chat rooms to CHAT, not to arrange meets, and I don't want to see any unnecessary additional rooms, which would result in the Northern Chat Room being more fragmented. If there comes a day when 'Northern' is regularly full, then that would be the time to think about splitting the room.

I, for one, find it's great fun to chat to people from the Midlands to the borders of Scotland (and further afield), and I've made some good friends who live outside of Yorkshire (where I live). What I would support is replacing the 2 underused rooms with a 'meet today/meet soon' chat room - perhaps divided North and South - which would help those people who want to use the chat rooms to find meets.

But, as Steve says, there's nothing stopping people from choosing to chat in any room they like - i.e. the room that they find most appealing. I, for one, wouldn't use a Yorkshire Room, even though I live in Yorkshire, as I like to make friends from all over the country.

"

Yeah but if they're not from Yorkshire what's the point in talking?

I would love to enter the chat rooms, but because I use an iPad and it doesn't support flash I'm excluded! I can use the iPad on other sites to chat and can't see what the problem is here on fab, I don't want to cam or watch others cam, would just like to be included in a gab with like minded folks. Any help gratefully accepted.

[Removed by poster at 09/09/12 22:16:21]

"

Yeah but if they're not from Yorkshire what's the point in talking?"

Other parts of the country have flat caps and whippets though eh?

Seriously though, cos been a swingers site... its a community and people do like to chat and make friends and feel involved... as well as meeting. If it was a pure 'sex' site then it would be different

Steve

"Yeah but if they're not from Yorkshire what's the point in talking?"

Eeee by gum old cock, tha's gorra point thanos!!!

"Yeah but if they're not from Yorkshire what's the point in talking?

Eeee by gum old cock, tha's gorra point thanos!!!"

Nor aif

Nor aif "

Can we have a coil oil too please?

see this is why we need a yorkshire room so we can talk proper yorkshire without fear of not being understood

By *orkieMan  over a year ago

Who knows

Nor aif

Can we have a coil oil too please?"

Tha can av a coil oil at t`end of thi ginnel luv

» Add a new message to this topic