FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > type not working

type not working

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Sometimes when I've been in a cam room but not typed for a while the text stops working. I then have to leave the room and go back in to reply to people. It's annoying because sometimes the room then becomes full between me refreshing the page and I cannot get back in. Anyone else found this happening to them?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"Sometimes when I've been in a cam room but not typed for a while the text stops working."
When you say stops working, do you mean that the text stops scrolling completely? If so, then, YES, I have seen this a few times recently! The text stops scrolling, but cams continue to run (yours and others). I've found that, once the text stops scrolling, I can still type and have others see it, so I just type in a "brb" type msg and refresh the chat page.

By *opping_candyWoman  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

Yep happens to me on here and another site with the same chat platform. It is annoying.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

but if you havent typed in chat room for a while admin give you time out anyway so you have to re enter chat

West Yorkshire

It doesn't just happen to me if not typed for a bit, I can be mid sentence and it stops working lol

By *arnaclebillMan  over a year ago

Robin Hood County

"It doesn't just happen to me if not typed for a bit, I can be mid sentence and it stops working lol"

Sounds like you need to give it a tap with a really big hammer

By *omcat6620Man  over a year ago

Preston

When the text stops running, It's often because a plug-inn called Flash has crashed. If it's caused by another page that uses (facebook etc.) You can close those and wait a min, then it self rights itself

Warrington & Glasgow

"When the text stops running, It's often because a plug-inn called Flash has crashed. If it's caused by another page that uses (facebook etc.) You can close those and wait a min, then it self rights itself "
The only reason that I don't think it's Flash (unless there are several separate Flash instances running: Outgoing Chat + Incoming Chat, Outgoing Cam + Incoming Cams) is that only the Incoming Chat freezes. I can still type and others can see it, I can continue to view cams and others can continue to view my cam.

West Yorkshire

"When the text stops running, It's often because a plug-inn called Flash has crashed. If it's caused by another page that uses (facebook etc.) You can close those and wait a min, then it self rights itself The only reason that I don't think it's Flash (unless there are several separate Flash instances running: Outgoing Chat + Incoming Chat, Outgoing Cam + Incoming Cams) is that only the Incoming Chat freezes. I can still type and others can see it, I can continue to view cams and others can continue to view my cam."

Same. Also when flash crashes on my laptop,anything using flash becomes a grey box with a crash warning in.

Does chat text even run on flash? If it did surely those on ipads wouldnt even be able to see text.

Warrington & Glasgow

"Same. Also when flash crashes on my laptop,anything using flash becomes a grey box with a crash warning in.

Does chat text even run on flash? If it did surely those on ipads wouldnt even be able to see text."

As far as I can see, only the cams (incoming + outgoing) use Flash.

» Add a new message to this topic