FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > USING CAM IN CHAT AND HIDING IT

USING CAM IN CHAT AND HIDING IT

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

not a happy bunny today, ......

the other night in chat i was chatting away to peeps and i had my cam on, i also had it on mute so no one can hear me.

i went to get a cuppa and something to eat and came bk to my living room....

i clicked the HIDE CAM button,

someone said to me your cams frozen? i said i had hidden it as was eating ( dont want everyone watching me stuff my face) but also my child had come to the living room. as she was sitting on the other seat and could only see the back of my laptop i stayed in chat but kept my cam hidden........

i did nip to the little girls room at one point so just minimized the page ( so just my screen saver was on the desk top) she knows not to touch my lappy, but nothing to say she wouldnt look at the screen or something or go past the screen.

later on (cam still hidden) one of my friends said oohh fife that looks good what u eating... i was very confused by this as it was still hidden, i asked if he could see me and i waved and he waved and said yes.... before i hid my cam he was watching my cam and had never clicked off it as i said i would be back ( when safe to do so) but he could see me !!!!!!!!!! and my cam was still hidden.... other folk inthe room said they couldnt see a cam icon for me, but another person who was watching me previously said she could see me too !!!

i thought hidden means hidden !!!!!

can they not change it to a simple on or off ???? or fix this as it said it was off and it wasnt !!! my child could have been seen on cam !!!

not happy... rant over lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

When you click "hide cam", behind the scenes it also stops any broadcast from your cam to our servers, so what you describe shouldn't happen.

If you let us know the date and time this happened we can check the logs

Admin x

hi sj and mark,

it was on sunday night sometime after 9pm i think

in the scottish chat room xx

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Thanks we'll look into this

Admin x

any news on it ?

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

We've identified a problem that can happen in certain rare circumstances and we'll be a applying a fix this week.

Appreciate you bringing this to our attention

Admin x

thanks guys xxx

By *wing66Couple  over a year ago

Burton-upon-trent

We havehad this before too, had the cam hidden and said going chams later, a couple said we will see you later, my reply was you won't know what we look like.

Their reply was, your cam is on.

It shouldn't have been on as it said cam hidden

» Add a new message to this topic