FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > chat rooms are so antiquated

chat rooms are so antiquated

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

we have used other sites and the chat rooms are so far advanced compared to the ones on here.. on others you can have your cam set to private so you must allow each request to view or set to friends only or indeed public so all can view ..Also you can create your own room making it private or public again.. now we know from asking on these sites that these are just downloadable generic chat progs so why is fabchat so prehistoric ..you cant make cams private you certainly cant make your own room and they arnt even nice to look at the others we know of you can even customise the chat room to your tastes ..colour etc.. just wanted to see if anyone had any idea as to why fab hasnt dragged the chat into the 21st century .?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Contact admin.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

chat rooms are rooms to chat in, dont really care what color they are to be honest. as long as you can chat in them then thats all good...there are other applications you can use for private chat and camming.

By *amieandLeeCouple  over a year ago

Outtatown

"we have used other sites and the chat rooms are so far advanced compared to the ones on here.. on others you can have your cam set to private so you must allow each request to view or set to friends only or indeed public so all can view ..Also you can create your own room making it private or public again.. now we know from asking on these sites that these are just downloadable generic chat progs so why is fabchat so prehistoric ..you cant make cams private you certainly cant make your own room and they arnt even nice to look at the others we know of you can even customise the chat room to your tastes ..colour etc.. just wanted to see if anyone had any idea as to why fab hasnt dragged the chat into the 21st century .?"

It could probably do with an update alright.

By *aneandpaulCouple  over a year ago

cleveleys

Think there all the same just different format and what you get used to

[Removed by poster at 09/09/15 13:48:54]

"we have used other sites and the chat rooms are so far advanced compared to the ones on here.. on others you can have your cam set to private so you must allow each request to view or set to friends only or indeed public so all can view ..Also you can create your own room making it private or public again.. now we know from asking on these sites that these are just downloadable generic chat progs so why is fabchat so prehistoric ..you cant make cams private you certainly cant make your own room and they arnt even nice to look at the others we know of you can even customise the chat room to your tastes ..colour etc.. just wanted to see if anyone had any idea as to why fab hasnt dragged the chat into the 21st century .?"

Just wanted to add that we have been contacted by admin and it sounds like they are going to look at the other chat progs we used and maybe consider a change.. perhaps we will see a change in the near future ..fingers crossed and Cudos to admin for actually listening to the forums ...respect

[Removed by poster at 09/09/15 17:26:01]

As for making your own room,there are numerous threads about the chat rooms being cliquey,if folk start making their own rooms it will only make it harder for less established profilers to join in with chat.

I guess I'm boring but I don't see a problem with it as it is. If it's not broke don't fix it

By *bsolute gentMan  over a year ago

county Cork

"I guess I'm boring but I don't see a problem with it as it is. If it's not broke don't fix it "

Well put.

and are these other sites free and dedicated to swingers? with forums, events and clubs advertised. This site is pretty good and I should know I used to build and run dating websites.

"I guess I'm boring but I don't see a problem with it as it is. If it's not broke don't fix it

Well put."

Thank you

Wow.. such a negative attitude people.Change can be good dont be so scared of it

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

"Wow.. such a negative attitude people.Change can be good dont be so scared of it"

Why is liking the chat rooms and not wanting them to change negative but calling them antiquated and looking for them to change not?

They are opinions, nothing more or less

And my tuppence worth, I like them. Massive difference from the original chat.

[Removed by poster at 10/09/15 13:30:58]

who deleted my post?

Need to be able to search users in chat rooms, save clicking on every room

Luddites rule !!!!!

"Need to be able to search users in chat rooms, save clicking on every room "

Yeah,if you're a stalker

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

I would want this to be 'friends only' or to be able to disable it, in my privacy settings. I don't want strangers stalking me round the chat rooms.

By *rneilMan  over a year ago

rochester and pembrokshire

"As for making your own room,there are numerous threads about the chat rooms being cliquey,if folk start making their own rooms it will only make it harder for less established profilers to join in with chat."

By *rneilMan  over a year ago

rochester and pembrokshire

"I guess I'm boring but I don't see a problem with it as it is. If it's not broke don't fix it "

Just being in chat doesn't mean being in a room could be private chatting.

This has been discussed many times would need an opt out option because off stalkers/

By *inkyKellyCDTV/TS  over a year ago

Coventry

It would be good to have some option on who views your cam though. First time I used the chat I had no idea it was instantly broadcasting my face to the world, hah. It dawned on me when people were commenting on how I was looking, that was odd.

Advertising pays for those other rooms on other platforms. So you can have pretty colours. The chat rooms here were updated/changed about 5-6 years ago and some liked it most didn't. I get that we move with the times. But if the place is overrun with private rooms, where's the chat? Don't get me wrong I'm happy either way, as all the chatrooms on here have been dogshit for years. Due to many things. It's not about chat it's mostly next man wanking and this will still happen, in your private ivory towers. FAB stands out as its not samey like other places, so maybe if you prefer to prettify your rooms and select those in it. Stay where you are with the frogs and pals.

"Need to be able to search users in chat rooms, save clicking on every room

Just being in chat doesn't mean being in a room could be private chatting.

This has been discussed many times would need an opt out option because off stalkers/ "

Obviously with an opt out button,but for when your told to come and find me on cam,it would be nice to be able to do a search for them instead of hunting especially when they dont mention what room they will be in.. x

The main update I would like is when you recived a public message directed at you it notifies you. Busy women / couples would probably like an option to turn it off but some kind of a noise plus the message being emboldened in a unique way would make it much better imo.

"The main update I would like is when you recived a public message directed at you it notifies you. Busy women / couples would probably like an option to turn it off but some kind of a noise plus the message being emboldened in a unique way would make it much better imo. "

I can't see that this would work. In chat, people often use abbreviated names, so chatters might call you mat, mat1, matt, matt1 (if they can't spell) or call you by your real name if they know it. People regularly call me Flirty, Fluffy or Filthy, as well as my whole name.

"The main update I would like is when you recived a public message directed at you it notifies you. Busy women / couples would probably like an option to turn it off but some kind of a noise plus the message being emboldened in a unique way would make it much better imo.

I can't see that this would work. In chat, people often use abbreviated names, so chatters might call you mat, mat1, matt, matt1 (if they can't spell) or call you by your real name if they know it. People regularly call me Flirty, Fluffy or Filthy, as well as my whole name."

In other chat rooms I've used you can click on a users name in the sidebar or chat stream and select to message them.

decent cam size would be nice as Skype is so much superior. Bradband has been around for a while but not upgraded here. I have been using it for 10 years

decent cam size would be nice as Skype is so much superior. Bradband has been around for a while but not upgraded here. I have been using it for 10 years

I disagree with this completely, its fine the way it is and the format works.

Private rooms would kill any chance of new blood integrating with the community, Who gives a fuck about stylized rooms with colours and backgrounds?, Private cam settings for friends only etc is the only decent thing I saw in your nonsense post.

If by chance youve helped fabschat in anyway turn into AFF chatrooms then well done, youve killed off fabswingers

"

In other chat rooms I've used you can click on a users name in the sidebar or chat stream and select to message them. "

You can do that in Fab Chat. Just look for the PM button under their name in the sidebar. But most women disable this, or set it to friends only.

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

hi OP if its so antiquated, why not just leave and join a site with what you need ? ? easy ..Connie

"

In other chat rooms I've used you can click on a users name in the sidebar or chat stream and select to message them.

You can do that in Fab Chat. Just look for the PM button under their name in the sidebar. But most women disable this, or set it to friends only."

That is then just between the two of you, this would still be public but much easier to read posts for you.

making own rooms would lead to chaos on fab ... rooms are full of cliques as it is ... apparently ..

so having your own room with password on it would make at least another cpl of hundred rooms a night never mind during the day .

wouldnt you then become the very thing fab dont like a "clique "

as would only be your friends and ohh dont forget the bitching in those rooms either . can you imagine the likes ..

bitching is bad enough in open rooms with oyr giving into have a private room to do it .

you want to cam private thats what skype is for . you read the rules you see that if you put your cam on you let anyone in chat open to your cam .. so again if you o

put it on dont moan this one an joe bloggs can see you .

other than that im liking way rooms are lets everyone talk and mods in keep the peace .

well i reckon for a free site its okay, site we can do a lot of other things on just charge too much money

Chat here has one big, big advantage - it actually works!

The more fluff & nonsense that gets added the more things are likely to go wrong/need extra server capacity/need more staff intervention.

As chat rooms they work,and work well. Don't fix what isn't broken.

» Add a new message to this topic