FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Chat room feedback/discussion > finding someone in chat

finding someone in chat

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hitewisper OP   Man  over a year ago

dudley cosley

it's a pity theres know way to find someone in chat, without having to scroll through every room

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

Whenever this is suggested, the counter-argument that it would be a "stalkers tool" is made. The only way I can see it making everyone happy, would be to be presented with a dialogue box every time you entered chat

"Do you wish to share your room location with :"

and then a dropdown, like PM & Poke, for Anybody/Nobody/Friends Only, which remembered your previous choice.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I have never understood the stalker argument.

By *irmbutfairMan  over a year ago

newcastle upon tyne

The stalker argument doesn't really hold water to me. A deranged obsessed stalker will surly cheerfully scroll through rooms looking for the object of their "affection", and if it's just a mate your wanting to say hi (yeah cos that's why we look for friends ??) it's a pain.

By *verReadyAndMinxyCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool

If you have a stalker then you'd block them - simples.

I think it would be a good feature. And I agree with the opt in/out feature.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have often thought this should be a feature, come on Fab make it happen

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

If it was a deranged obsessed stalker, then I would block them. However, some people think that chatting to them makes you BFF's and I sometimes switch rooms to avoid having to be unkind to these kind of chatters. I don't want to snub them, and I don't want to block them, I just want to be able to get away from them for a bit of peace and quiet. That's why I would want to be able to set my privacy settings to prevent anyone (except friends) finding out which chat room I am in.

By *hitewisper OP   Man  over a year ago

dudley cosley

It's a shame that a few idiots can spoil everyone else from having a user friendly site

Nothing worse than seeing a local hot woman in chat and then spending 20 mins trying to find her until you eventually just give up and go make a brew..

"Nothing worse than seeing a local hot woman in chat and then spending 20 mins trying to find her until you eventually just give up and go make a brew.."

Send her a message and ask her....if you can't as you are blocked due to gender/age etc then finding her in chat doesn't really matter.

If she doesn't read your message she is totally at liberty to reply if she is interested - if she doesn't then again finding her in chat doesn't really matter..

Or am I missing something?

"If it was a deranged obsessed stalker, then I would block them. However, some people think that chatting to them makes you BFF's and I sometimes switch rooms to avoid having to be unkind to these kind of chatters. I don't want to snub them, and I don't want to block them, I just want to be able to get away from them for a bit of peace and quiet. That's why I would want to be able to set my privacy settings to prevent anyone (except friends) finding out which chat room I am in."

I know just leave chat open all the time, but not in any room so people tell when I actually go in so much easier.

"Nothing worse than seeing a local hot woman in chat and then spending 20 mins trying to find her until you eventually just give up and go make a brew..

Send her a message and ask her....if you can't as you are blocked due to gender/age etc then finding her in chat doesn't really matter.

If she doesn't read your message she is totally at liberty to reply if she is interested - if she doesn't then again finding her in chat doesn't really matter..

Or am I missing something?

"

What he said

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

If a person has another blocked because of filters or if not blocked doesn't answer their mail they could still have a good laugh in chat.

We met someone from chat once because he made us laugh in there and we had his age group filtered at the time.

Wasnt bloody me tho rugby

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

If I were looking for a friend I would ask them which room they were in

» Add a new message to this topic